• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys FA news/rumors

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the same can be said about you. you know jack about what this team will look like. right now our defensive line is Selvie, Hayden, McClain and Mincey all 4 are nothing more than backups on 25-27 of the other teams in the league. but you still believe that JJ is going to somehow or other bring in a couple of stud FA's and is going to nail down things with a killer draft. how is he going to do that? by restructuring every player he hasn't already restructured or by convincing those stud FA's to take bread crumbs compared to what other teams can offer.

stop living in a dreamworld. maybe JJ finally sees things as they are and has a plan to, dare i say it, rebuild this team . now this might take a couple of years and fans might have to face a 4-12 or 5-11 season over those couple of years but that would be better than playing this endless game of restructuring contracts every year that buries us at the bottom of the league in cap space every year. even with the projected jumps we will still be at the bottom in reference to cap space next year.

If the DL you listed is starting in early Sept you might be right about Jerry's intentions, but I think 2-3 of those guys will be depth. First off, Crawford is going to start. Second, even if Jerry doesn't sign another DL(he might), I think they can pull at least one starter and one contributor out of the draft. The biggest problem I see is a lack of pass rushers. However, if we start the season with Selvie, Hayden, McClain, Mincey, Crawford, Aaron Donald, and Trent Murphy(and maybe Robert Ayers...Or Jared Allen), I'd be pretty excited

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're correct again. We don't know what kind of player he is any longer. What we do know is Jerry loves the kid. He stood by him through his ordeal. Odds are he will sign for the minimum on a one year deal. If Brent is brought back it will be a very low risk move.

Of course we still don't know if the NFL will suspend him or not.

Odds are NFL or should I say Goodell bitch ass probably wont, they will do time served like they did for Plax, or at most a two game suspension this is a guy who never got in trouble before. Btw Jerry loved TO and Jerry loved Emmitt and Jerry loved Ware, and Ike loved Tina, you get my drift?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting but I don't see brent in Dallas playing football anytime soon. Certainly not in 2014

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the DL you listed is starting in early Sept you might be right about Jerry's intentions, but I think 2-3 of those guys will be depth. First off, Crawford is going to start. Second, even if Jerry doesn't sign another DL(he might), I think they can pull at least one starter and one contributor out of the draft. The biggest problem I see is a lack of pass rushers. However, if we start the season with Selvie, Hayden, McClain, Mincey, Crawford, Aaron Donald, and Trent Murphy(and maybe Robert Ayers...Or Jared Allen), I'd be pretty excited

If a few things fall into place, we could very well have a formidable defense.

Somehow get Milton with a fair deal. Give Spencer a 1 or 2 year deal on the cheap if there's no market for him coming off an injury.

Ha ha with our 1st, and a pass rusher with our 2nd.

Our defense would be instantly upgraded.

D-line of Spencer/2nd round draft pick, Hayden. Milton/Bass Crawford/Selvie. And the best part, A FUCKING SOLUTION TO OUR SAFETY PROBLEM.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a few things fall into place, we could very well have a formidable defense.

Somehow get Milton with a fair deal. Give Spencer a 1 or 2 year deal on the cheap if there's no market for him coming off an injury.

Ha ha with our 1st, and a pass rusher with our 2nd.

Our defense would be instantly upgraded.

D-line of Spencer/2nd round draft pick, Hayden. Milton/Bass Crawford/Selvie. And the best part, A FUCKING SOLUTION TO OUR SAFETY PROBLEM.

Exactly. There's more than one way to seriously upgrade this defense between now and the start of the season, and I'm not the least bit concerned about the offense putting up points

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More importantly did you see the numbers on it? Up to 30MM glad Dallas didn't touch it, first year cap number is 8.5MM

I hadn't seen the numbers

WOW Talk about over paid for a scheme he doesn't fit :wtf2:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't seen the numbers

WOW Talk about over paid for a scheme he doesn't fit :wtf2:

That was my initial thought as well. Green Bay has never been able to pair another great pass rusher with Matthews, perhaps they think Peppers, despite his age and the fact that he's never filled the roll, can be a disruptive JJ Watt type. Seems like an awful lot of money for a maybe. Desperate move

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my initial thought as well. Green Bay has never been able to pair another great pass rusher with Matthews, perhaps they think Peppers, despite his age and the fact that he's never filled the roll, can be a disruptive JJ Watt type. Seems like an awful lot of money for a maybe. Desperate move

Report is...... ( not a JJ Watt Lineman)

OLber ... hybrid DE situation

34 years old ..... Not a chance in hell I pay that on HOPE I can convert someone at that age

24 sure ...... 34 .... pretty much stuck in your ways ..... we all know that just by getting older football or just life

I would just pure throw in his direction ..... you know he cant cover a tight end

Last edited by a moderator:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys really think the Green Bay Packers have no vision on what they want to do with this guy and only drawn to the name?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys really think the Green Bay Packers have no vision on what they want to do with this guy and only drawn to the name?

absolutely I think that

Some things are what they are ...... Selling Jerseys and tickets

Hell no he doesnt fit that system as nothing more than situational

8.5 million on hope and situation ...... No Thank You

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely I think that

Some things are what they are ...... Selling Jerseys and tickets

Hell no he doesnt fit that system as nothing more than situational

8.5 million on hope and situation ...... No Thank You

I think decisions made by professionals in a professional position or accurate way more often than not. It helps getting um there and staying there. I understand everyone and their grandmother has an analyst to tell you how messed up the decision was. I just prefer to see how things turn out before I pronounce something completely stupid or something like that. Peppers can still play a little and bet your ass he got more money for not missing a single game since 07

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More importantly did you see the numbers on it? Up to 30MM glad Dallas didn't touch it, first year cap number is 8.5MM

Dallas couldn't come close to those numbers, he knew that and went where the money was. i expect Melton will do the same

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they obviously think he will bring something to their team. you don't spend 3 years & $30M without having some idea that he would fit their plans

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think decisions made by professionals in a professional position or accurate way more often than not. It helps getting um there and staying there. I understand everyone and their grandmother has an analyst to tell you how messed up the decision was. I just prefer to see how things turn out before I pronounce something completely stupid or something like that. Peppers can still play a little and bet your ass he got more money for not missing a single game since 07

agree to disagree

Redskins are the best example ....
Eagles with the dream team
*Denver with almost the same "dream team"

See teams pay all the time now for players that dont fit..... to put asses in the seats ...

Im just glad the Cowboys arent ...... I said before I'm GLAD the Cowboys are cash strapped

Forces us to draft well rather than taking fliers ( Like Ford)

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree to disagree

See teams pay all the time now for players that dont fit..... to put asses in the seats ...

Im just glad the Cowboys arent ...... I said before I'm GLAD the Cowboys are cash strapped

Taking those fliers is not always wrong. Take Denver for example. They are right there. Offense is ready but the defense is questionable. Their Window is closing so bringing in the players they did makes sense. They have to win within the next 2 seasons because Manning is real close to the end of his career. To a lesser extent I can see the same with Peppers and GB. They are a team with a real shot at the SB. It's teams that are not ready who bring in 30+ year olds, that makes no sense.

I agree that us being cash strapped is what is keeping us from those 30 year olds.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree to disagree

you're killing me twist.
The Green Bay Packers don't need Peppers to put butts in seats, not the jersey sells

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking those fliers is not always wrong. Take Denver for example. They are right there. Offense is ready but the defense is questionable. Their Window is closing so bringing in the players they did makes sense. They have to win within the next 2 seasons because Manning is real close to the end of his career. To a lesser extent I can see the same with Peppers and GB. They are a team with a real shot at the SB. It's teams that are not ready who bring in 30+ year olds, that makes no sense.

I agree that us being cash strapped is what is keeping us from those 30 year olds.

Gonna disagree on that too
Seattle's defense handled Manning ..... Not like they scored a 50 on them
They knew Peyton no longer has an arm .... played in close and exposed him ...... gave the blue print.

Cant say defense hurts .... if it works ...... problem with that team is Peyton's arm ....

I remember a few years back with the Cowboys everyone screaming we needed a home run hitter Rb and treated Felix like he was Jesus

I'll call it now .... Denver gets worse Not better ... too many egos on a roster

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they obviously think he will bring something to their team. you don't spend 3 years & $30M without having some idea that he would fit their plans

Ware set the market 20M sure fire dollars. Peppers has had no health issues so it's only logical the market was close to 20M in Pepper's pocket (16M).

"Peppers agreed to a three-year deal worth up to $30 million, his agent, Carl Carey, told ESPN's Josina Anderson. The deal includes $7.5 million in guaranteed money and will pay Peppers $8.5 million in salary for the first year, Carey told Anderson"

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're killing me twist.
The Green Bay Packers don't need Peppers to put butts in seats, not the jersey sells

LOL bruh thats one of the brokest teams in the league ..... if it wasnt for collective sharing .... they wouldnt even be on the radar

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
take it a step farther ....... with Green Bay

Without their history ...... They wouldn't even be allowed to hold games in that trash stadium