• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

COWBOY'S Defense By The Numbers

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total Points Allowed...Tied for 5th.........with Eagles and Giants
(COWBOY'S Offense ....Time of possession 33 to 27)

Points Per Game......19.4.........ditto

Rushing Yards Allowed.....3rd best in the NFL

Give Away / Take Away........+3.......tied for 9th

Passing Yards Allowed........29th

Total Yards Allowed..........21st

Sacks...........................25th

Interceptions.................30th

Tackles........................22nd

Fumbles Recovered........tied for 14th

Last edited:

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opponent's 3d Down Conversions........42%

COWBOY'S offense / points per game average....28.7

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense benefits from a dominant offense, no question. In the last four wins, the defense has produced zero turnovers. In that time, the Cowboys are averaging 30 a game. Think about how good your offense has to be to accomplish that. Imagine if the D were producing 1-2 turnovers per game, gaining possessions and allowing short fields.
Defense is competitive, but could use some playmakers. The 90's Cowboys had a whole bunch of good players, but they also had Haley, Deion, and DWoody. The current D has the solid guys, hopefully they can get the one or two difference makers this off-season, then look out

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense benefits from a dominant offense, no question. In the last four wins, the defense has produced zero turnovers. In that time, the Cowboys are averaging 30 a game. Think about how good your offense has to be to accomplish that. Imagine if the D were producing 1-2 turnovers per game, gaining possessions and allowing short fields.
Defense is competitive, but could use some playmakers. The 90's Cowboys had a whole bunch of good players, but they also had Haley, Deion, and DWoody. The current D has the solid guys, hopefully they can get the one or two difference makers this off-season, then look out
So true. Just need a few playmakers.

Chocolatay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not trolling at all but i feel like the only reason the cowboys have a solid defense is because they ride on the momentum of a really great offense

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not trolling at all but i feel like the only reason the cowboys have a solid defense is because they ride on the momentum of a really great offense
No doubt that helps. It's no secret this team needs a pass rush to be better on defense. But, if they could just start getting a few turnovers they could offset that I think and the other numbers would look a little better. Obviously when you are winning games late teams are throwing and yet we still are 25th in sacks and not getting turnovers.

Prediction for this week. Not groundbreaking because Minnesota's offense isn't very good, but I think our defense plays well and we get 2 or more turnovers this week.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping Bailey kicks everything out of endzone for touchbacks

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt that helps. It's no secret this team needs a pass rush to be better on defense. But, if they could just start getting a few turnovers they could offset that I think and the other numbers would look a little better. Obviously when you are winning games late teams are throwing and yet we still are 25th in sacks and not getting turnovers.

Prediction for this week. Not groundbreaking because Minnesota's offense isn't very good, but I think our defense plays well and we get 2 or more turnovers this week.
Well if you don't get pressure on Bradford, he will do well. The pass rush has to get to him or we will lose.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their best WR didn't play on Thanksgiving. Not sure his status.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very worried that our lack of a pass rush will hurt us against teams like Detroit and NY in the playoffs. The due to the limited talent I hope we can make up for these deficiencies through scheme. Obviously T.O.P. is our biggest strength in terms of creating defensive advantages.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very worried that our lack of a pass rush will hurt us against teams like Detroit and NY in the playoffs. The due to the limited talent I hope we can make up for these deficiencies through scheme. Obviously T.O.P. is our biggest strength in terms of creating defensive advantages.
NYG is the worry for me. I like our team more, but anytime we play them, it's always back and forth. They have a passing game and a stout front 7, they would be our toughest playoff opponent IMO. As good as Seattle is, that's actually a matchup I would welcome, I think the Cowboys would have no problems moving the ball against them, and the Seahawks weakness on the OLine would help us on the other side of the ball

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NYG is the worry for me. I like our team more, but anytime we play them, it's always back and forth. They have a passing game and a stout front 7, they would be our toughest playoff opponent IMO. As good as Seattle is, that's actually a matchup I would welcome, I think the Cowboys would have no problems moving the ball against them, and the Seahawks weakness on the OLine would help us on the other side of the ball
I agree and outside off Graham the don't have any wr that scare me. Baldwin is way to inconsistent. The other guys are one trick ponies.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we ever stop Eli when we have too??? If we could just end the half and the 4th Qtr two minutes earlier I think our record against them would be much better!!!

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are so right. I worry about them too. Always a back and forth. I would like a comfortable victory over them for once LOL

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't worry about anything...playing with house money

10 plus years posting on this site or at Disney and this is the best I've seen it.
ain't no doom forecast or glass half empty thinking here.

Go Cowboys!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The relaxing thing about this week is while of course I'm going to be totally pissed off if we lose and want to win every single game IF they lose it really doesn't cost us anything as long as we beat the Giants the next week. Last week was still huge because it was a division game and a marquee National tv game. I'm so pumped for tonight. Just so much fun watching this team with all of this young talent

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game I will miss live since the last game of the 05 season.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't worry about anything...playing with house money

10 plus years posting on this site or at Disney and this is the best I've seen it.
ain't no doom forecast or glass half empty thinking here.

Go Cowboys!

It's amazing what confidence can do for you. I think one of the understated attributes of this team is the confidence and bravado they play with. With guys like Dez, Elliott and the entire offensive line group (those guys are nasty!) this offense believes they are just flat out better than the other team. And they are.

I can't praise Elliott enough. He has been absolutely fantastic, helping (along with the Oline) set the tone for this entire football team.Zeke's attitude and style of play is infectious on the field.

To counter that swagger (hate that word), you have guys like Jason Witten, Sean Lee, and Dak Prescott keeping this team level headed. Prescott seems wise beyond his years, he has been the most impressive player in the entire league this season, IMO.

This team has surpassed all expectations for me, from the top of the roster to the very bottom, and every coach in between.