• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys 2013 record prediction

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to assume that we don't get hit by the injury bug as bad as last season, but we do have a new DC and scheme and I don't think we currently are stocked to play the 4-3. Will take another offseason to get the linemen we need. I'm going to assume Tony is healthy from day one, and over the back stuff. Of course we will only get about 9 games at best from Murray, so will need output from the rook. O-line I don't feel got that much help, and that will cost us games.

My best case Dallas goes 10-6
Most likely case, Dallas goes 8-8 again
Worst case (that is still likely) is we are sitting at 7-9. I think we have the talent to win at least 7 games even with injuries.

So in this downtime with nothing else much going on, let's see what fellow Dallas fans think of the team.

As for non-fans, keep it friendly or go away.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7-9 with injuries, 9-7 without.

miss playoffs either way.

Agree, I don't think a 9-7 Dallas gets into the playoffs. However, as we keep going down that parity road and 2 WC's...at least one 9-7 will get in.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tony Romo can be as good in the last quarter of the season as the first 3 quarters, they could make the playoffs. I honestly think Garrett is what's holding them back more than anything...or maybe it's Jerry who is holding Garrett back. Probably a little of both because they have enough talent to make a playoff push.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tony Romo can be as good in the last quarter of the season as the first 3 quarters, they could make the playoffs. I honestly think Garrett is what's holding them back more than anything...or maybe it's Jerry who is holding Garrett back. Probably a little of both because they have enough talent to make a playoff push.

If Tony is still alive the second half of the season, that will be a miracle behind this line. Cut our FB today too, so another blocker in the backfield lost. Good mention about Garrett, since we supposedly have a new play caller now...that is another variable. Garrett in his first season with nothing to be timid about opened it up. Then he got cautious. Maybe Bill will open thing back up, but from fewer sets.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tony is still alive the second half of the season, that will be a miracle behind this line. Cut our FB today too, so another blocker in the backfield lost. Good mention about Garrett, since we supposedly have a new play caller now...that is another variable. Garrett in his first season with nothing to be timid about opened it up. Then he got cautious. Maybe Bill will open thing back up, but from fewer sets.

Agreed. Callahan should also help with the OL. Maybe the talent isn't there but he could scheme enough to make it serviceable and keep Tony upright.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Callahan should also help with the OL. Maybe the talent isn't there but he could scheme enough to make it serviceable and keep Tony upright.

That was what I was hoping last year. One more year under his belt can't hurt.

Interesting tidbit, heard that Frederick might be moved to guard and Costa stays at Center. If I spend a first rounder on a Center, I want him where he is most experienced.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting tidbit, heard that Frederick might be moved to guard and Costa stays at Center. If I spend a first rounder on a Center, I want him where he is most experienced.

I haven't heard much about him other than analyst saying they reached to get him.

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lack of depth on the OL may kill us. Livings and Mac B hobbled at OTA's, these guys are fragile as china. Taking Escobar over Warford or Armstead in the 2nd round still baffling

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trolling. Due to the lack of cohesiveness on the new defense and the continuous struggles with Romo in crunch time or very important games plus the inability of Garrett to call a great game and the constant meddlesome pressure that Jones puts on his entire team I truly believe the Cowboys will win at best 5 games this year unfortunately for fans of this team. Could be a very long season.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

You get your best 5 out there. Costa has the most NFL experience at center. Jerrah has run this franchise into the ground. After all these years, he still does not understand that championships are not won with skill players but in the trenches. If he does not believe me, he should ask Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trolling. Due to the lack of cohesiveness on the new defense and the continuous struggles with Romo in crunch time or very important games plus the inability of Garrett to call a great game and the constant meddlesome pressure that Jones puts on his entire team I truly believe the Cowboys will win at best 5 games this year unfortunately for fans of this team. Could be a very long season.

"supposedly" garrett isn't calling the plays anymore but we will see if he has final say/veto on plays. If this team goes 5-11, I would hope Jerry would blow it up and start rebuilding. Tough to do with that Romo contract though. But there are young pieces to build around (Claiborne, Lee, Smith) while letting the vets get us a return and have a chance to win (Ware, Witten, Rat). OF course Jerry won't do that and will keep us just out of playoffs and in the middle of the draft round. :L 5-11 might get us a decent pick, but not a top 5.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will go 9-7 with minor injuries to some.
10-6 I think is the best we can hope for, & hope to win a tie breaker for the East title.

BTW Costa sucks!!! If he wins the starting center Job we are screwed & I predict Romo to be injured in the 1st half of the season in which Reptec would be close to right. I would say with Costa & minus Romo we squeeze out a 6-10.

I do think the Defense will gel faster than a lot of people think however. I am excited to see the new defense.
Waited years for us to draft a center.... we finally did
Waited even more years for us to go back to a 4-3 defense ....... we finally did.
Also waited forever to utilize a press coverage, & from some of the articles I read, Carr & Claiborne said they could be using this most of the game.

So I have a lot to look forward too this season. even if we don't make the playoffs. At least we are finally heading in the right direction!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bottom is 7-9
probably is 9-7
best is 12-4

My gut 10-6

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect 10-6

as bed as injuries hit us last year we still finished 8-8........ Unless Romo goes down not a chance in hell we finish worse than that.

You hear it here first. I expect playoffs. ( I aint say superbowl... I said playoffs)

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally I say 10-6. Unfortunately I say 8-8 becuase a Jason Garrett led team just makes too many mistakes and takes too many bad penalties to be a real contender. This team just gift wraps games for other teams, they lose way too many games they should win.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda think Garrett gets a bad profile. YES HE HAD MADE BAD DECISIONS..... I don't disagree. He was kinda thrown into the fire a few years early IMO.

But since he took over.....
We have no locker room drama
We have no more Ed Wiener (spelled wrong on purpose) with "inside sources"
No more "circus"
And have had some pretty damn good drafts....

No man can flip the personality of a team in a season... or two....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda think Garrett gets a bad profile. YES HE HAD MADE BAD DECISIONS..... I don't disagree. He was kinda thrown into the fire a few years early IMO.

But since he took over.....
We have no locker room drama
We have no more Ed Wiener (spelled wrong on purpose) with "inside sources"
No more "circus"
And have had some pretty damn good drafts....

No man can flip the personality of a team in a season... or two....

I just think our playcalling is way too predictable and our weapons haven't been properly utilized. More importantly though, there is no accountability on this team. We commit more false starts and take more personal fouls than just about anybody. Too many correctable mistakes that keep showing up for my liking.