• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could not agree more with this...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow when u put it that way it looks bad. They also forgot the kid dying from th video thing and the girl that committed suicide.

The only thing I dont like about it is they dont mention positives. They should of done a pro vs con thing.
Pros:
-Recruiting ranks has been way up
-Made it to a NC game for the 1st time in over 20+ years
-When to Fiesta bowl
-Beat SEC school in a bowl game
-ND drafted players in the NFL are up
-graduation rate is up

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also ND sports in General have been doing really well so Jack wont get fired and shouldnt. Just because football has struggled doesnt mean Jack should go. Go check all the other sports. I think ND has finished in the Top 3 overall in total sports rankings.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow when u put it that way it looks bad. They also forgot the kid dying from th video thing and the girl that committed suicide.

The only thing I dont like about it is they dont mention positives. They should of done a pro vs con thing.
Pros:
-Recruiting ranks has been way up
-Made it to a NC game for the 1st time in over 20+ years
-When to Fiesta bowl
-Beat SEC school in a bowl game
-ND drafted players in the NFL are up
-graduation rate is up
They didn't forget it. It's subtly in there. They didn't want to come across as milking the Sullivan family's tragedy for their agenda. But where they quote Swarbrick saying "Unremarkable " that's a direct quote from Swarbrick regarding the weather on the day of the accident.

It's bringing it up without actually highlighting it.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also ND sports in General have been doing really well so Jack wont get fired and shouldnt. Just because football has struggled doesnt mean Jack should go. Go check all the other sports. I think ND has finished in the Top 3 overall in total sports rankings.
Agree 100%

aNDy Callahan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pros:
-Recruiting ranks has been way up Offensive players have been what Kelly has recruited. Kelly has recruited poorly for defensive players, absolutely no depth and not much talent on defense. Went to the NC with Charlie Weis recruits that were outstanding defensive play makers. The 2012 players were disrespected by Kelly when he said they weren't his guys. We haven't done much with Kelly's guys.
-Made it to a NC game for the 1st time in over 20+ years Got embarrassed. Got lucky as fuck have an undefeated regular season.
-When to Fiesta bowl . If Kelly had the team ready to play in the 1st quarter, we could have won. Navy was the best team we beat that year.
-Beat SEC school in a bowl game. Beat a weak LSU team. But Kelly has a shit record in big games against high ranked teams.
-ND drafted players in the NFL are up. I really don't give a fuck about that when we aren't winning games with all these future pros.
-graduation rate is up That's nice.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pros:
-Recruiting ranks has been way up Offensive players have been what Kelly has recruited. Kelly has recruited poorly for defensive players, absolutely no depth and not much talent on defense. Went to the NC with Charlie Weis recruits that were outstanding defensive play makers. The 2012 players were disrespected by Kelly when he said they weren't his guys. We haven't done much with Kelly's guys.
-Made it to a NC game for the 1st time in over 20+ years Got embarrassed. Got lucky as fuck have an undefeated regular season.
-When to Fiesta bowl . If Kelly had the team ready to play in the 1st quarter, we could have won. Navy was the best team we beat that year.
-Beat SEC school in a bowl game. Beat a weak LSU team. But Kelly has a shit record in big games against high ranked teams.
-ND drafted players in the NFL are up. I really don't give a fuck about that when we aren't winning games with all these future pros.
-graduation rate is up That's nice.

The positive about guys getting drafted to the NFL is that it's easier to sell recruits that you are developing NFL talent which is what most of these kids hope to be doing in 3 to 4 years. Also Kelly has gotten some talent on defense just not enough, they seem to be able to coach up 3 star offensive recruits but cant' coach up 4 or 5 star defensive recruits.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The positive about guys getting drafted to the NFL is that it's easier to sell recruits that you are developing NFL talent which is what most of these kids hope to be doing in 3 to 4 years. Also Kelly has gotten some talent on defense just not enough, they seem to be able to coach up 3 star offensive recruits but cant' coach up 4 or 5 star defensive recruits.
Think about it who was the last Big time DC has ND got. I cant remember. We need a top DC and the recruits will come.

aNDy Callahan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not picking on you personally purguy. I think most ND fans would agree with what you posted (some of my friends say the same). I think the pros you listed are pros but they are mostly all tainted in some way. I have not liked Kelly for a longer period than most of you that post here. I really hate the fucktard. We ND fans have been beat down and we know we could do worse than Kelly, but losers say "we could do worse". I still believe we could do better.

Purguy, I have read this board for a few years and appreciate you as a fan and a dedicated poster. It just set me off and you were my undeserving victim.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about it who was the last Big time DC has ND got. I cant remember. We need a top DC and the recruits will come.
Barry Alvarez?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not picking on you personally purguy. I think most ND fans would agree with what you posted (some of my friends say the same). I think the pros you listed are pros but they are mostly all tainted in some way. I have not liked Kelly for a longer period than most of you that post here. I really hate the fucktard. We ND fans have been beat down and we know we could do worse than Kelly, but losers say "we could do worse". I still believe we could do better.

Purguy, I have read this board for a few years and appreciate you as a fan and a dedicated poster. It just set me off and you were my undeserving victim.
IM ok. Hey I with you Im ok if Kelly goes or stays. I try to see the positive in both decisions. BVG needed to go last year. That was an easy decision. Him coming back showed how bad he was and the D got better when he left. I dont know how kelly missed on that one.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the Temple DC they have consistently had good defenses with average talent that got coached up to be solid players or the guy Wisconsin has now dropped one against PSU but seem to do a good job. Ideally getting someone like LSU's DC would be great but I don't see that happening maybe even Alabama's and pay him what ever it takes even more than Kelly if need be.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what's taking so long. This is the time to hire someone

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah unless they are looking to hire a guy from one of the playoff teams and can't interview until after.

aNDy Callahan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would want to work for Kelly? Irish are going nowhere with Kelly in charge.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Romeo Okwara light it up last night just made me angrier how much defensive talent was wasted by Kelly and that clown BVG. Quick and powerful pass rusher, arguably the best one with his hand on the ground, and no, lets drop him into coverage in the deep middle of the field half the time :L.

To be fair, they did have Okwara in coverage a few times, but it was on short outs, usually on Whitten, not a receiver. Between Sheldon Day, Keivare Russell, Max Redfield, Issac Rochell, Romeo Okwara, and above all, Jaylon Smith, so much wasted talent.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is the frustrating part. So much NFL talent and was wasted. Notre Dame probably goes to the playoffs last year if VanGorder was not the defensive coordinator.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is the frustrating part. So much NFL talent and was wasted. Notre Dame probably goes to the playoffs last year if VanGorder was not the defensive coordinator.

I'm confident this team would have had at least 8 wins had VanGorder not been the DC this year, so yeah they would have made the playoff last season without that waste of space.