• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

cooley says qb competition will be a sham ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Redskins 2015 QB Competition be a Sham?

he says snyder wants to justify the whopping 6 mil we will pay RG3 next season so the open competition thing is malarkey

cooley could be playing mind games but if he isnt then he has lost touch with reality or he is contaminated with snyder itus and the belief that snyder will never change and scotty took the job to be a puppet

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jay has no problem sitting rg3

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point Cooley is making is that Jay will not be making that call. As for scot taking the job to be a puppet, I'm quite confident he didn't know he was going to be a puppet. Now, I'm not agreeing completely with Chris here, but I do believe that the final decision on who starts will not rest solely with Jay. If Cousins/McCoy/Other clearly beats out RG3, then there will be no question, but if they only beat him out by a smidgen, then this is where the FO will apply pressure.

But in reality, if the FO (and above) want RG3 to be the starter, all they have to do is eliminate the competition. They don't resign Colt and they trade Cousins. Presto! Our QB is RG3 and Jay has no say in the matter.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point Cooley is making is that Jay will not be making that call. As for scot taking the job to be a puppet, I'm quite confident he didn't know he was going to be a puppet. Now, I'm not agreeing completely with Chris here, but I do believe that the final decision on who starts will not rest solely with Jay. If Cousins/McCoy/Other clearly beats out RG3, then there will be no question, but if they only beat him out by a smidgen, then this is where the FO will apply pressure.

But in reality, if the FO (and above) want RG3 to be the starter, all they have to do is eliminate the competition. They don't resign Colt and they trade Cousins. Presto! Our QB is RG3 and Jay has no say in the matter.

And this is more how I see it coming to pass. There will be an "open" comp for the job. But the front office is going to make every effort to ensure Bob "wins" the job.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think jay will start his guy, whoever that may be. if snyder is making the calls then jay will probably want to leave this organization.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think jay will start his guy, whoever that may be. if snyder is making the calls then jay will probably want to leave this organization.

Thing is, Jay is not the final say on the roster. Lets say for the moment they trade Cousins, Dont resign McCoy, and say draft a QB in the 4th round. They can have an "open" competition in that case but the reality is it would be Bobs job to lose. For it to really be an open competition, there has to be some one on the roster that can actually compete with him

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt that Scot comes to Dc to be a puppet..He is a well respected person in the NFL community, and I find it hard to believe he would sign on to be a puppet.......I believe that Danny wants to win and is ashamed of the proudct that has continually been put on the field......

He got scot and handed the keys to the franchise to him...to rebuild, to make a winner....

Most dont believe danny can or will do this and that is fine......most believe that he made Shanney draft RGIII.... I however dont believe that....not with the contract Shanny had.......He had the full power, and if Danny was trying to run things, he could have banged everyone over the head with his contract as he walked away when RGIII was drafted and took alot of Dans money with him.

For those that refuse to believe Dan has changed, I understand the skepticism.....but here is my question to you......

What will it take to convice you that Scot...Is the Head man in charge...and dan is the check writer?? Is it even possible for that to ever happen in your eyes...?????

We have been asking for a "real" GM forever...and now that we have one..........everyone is convinced nothing is changed......So...you want the GM to be in charge...yet...question weather or not he is??/ really???

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, Jay is not the final say on the roster. Lets say for the moment they trade Cousins, Dont resign McCoy, and say draft a QB in the 4th round. They can have an "open" competition in that case but the reality is it would be Bobs job to lose. For it to really be an open competition, there has to be some one on the roster that can actually compete with him

I see what youa re saying and cant fault that...However.....If Cousins isnt traded......and is there for camp......then what...the FO is making Jay give the lions share of reps to RGIII so he can win the battle.....????

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well then i dont have a problem with it, jay will start his guy, scot will give him three to choose from. im not going to blame dan for anything yet this season/off season.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what i said is reality to some . scotty is a puppet and he signed on for this

because you cant get me to believe that scotty couldnt see that snyder lie coming a mile away

again gruden benched snyders boy Rg3 for poor play . that action in of itself says he has control on who plays . shanny also benched snyders boy which the action in of itself says shanny had the say on who plays

add to it that RG3 isnt listed as a core redskins player in the organizations "letter to the fans " and that action tells me that the evidence is mounting that snyder is allowing football guys to run the operation

i understand skepticism, i do but so far it looks like he is back away at least some

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what youa re saying and cant fault that...However.....If Cousins isnt traded......and is there for camp......then what...the FO is making Jay give the lions share of reps to RGIII so he can win the battle.....????

I dont see that happening if there is even a shred of real competition for the job. This front office is once again searching for credibility. And the last thing they want or need is rumors floating that the coach is being forced to favor RG3. He will have to win the job out right. But if the level of competition is some how "accidentally" stacked heavily in Griffins favor, I for one will not be surprised at all.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what i said is reality to some . scotty is a puppet and he signed on for this

because you cant get me to believe that scotty couldnt see that snyder lie coming a mile away

again gruden benched snyders boy Rg3 for poor play . that action in of itself says he has control on who plays . shanny also benched snyders boy which the action in of itself says shanny had the say on who plays

add to it that RG3 isnt listed as a core redskins player in the organizations "letter to the fans " and that action tells me that the evidence is mounting that snyder is allowing football guys to run the operation

i understand skepticism, i do but so far it looks like he is back away at least some

Dad, how many coaches came here and bought dans story? Do I need to list them? Dan is a very convincing liar, that I give him. Hell, he may believe what he is saying when he says it, but just can't help himself. He has proven he has to meddle.

Lone water, what it is going to take for me to believe dan has changed is actually seeing. He no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt. We've heard his promises way too many times. I hope he has finally changed, but I have no reason to believe it yet.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt that Scot comes to Dc to be a puppet..He is a well respected person in the NFL community, and I find it hard to believe he would sign on to be a puppet.......I believe that Danny wants to win and is ashamed of the proudct that has continually been put on the field......

He got scot and handed the keys to the franchise to him...to rebuild, to make a winner....

Most dont believe danny can or will do this and that is fine......most believe that he made Shanney draft RGIII.... I however dont believe that....not with the contract Shanny had.......He had the full power, and if Danny was trying to run things, he could have banged everyone over the head with his contract as he walked away when RGIII was drafted and took alot of Dans money with him.

For those that refuse to believe Dan has changed, I understand the skepticism.....but here is my question to you......

What will it take to convice you that Scot...Is the Head man in charge...and dan is the check writer?? Is it even possible for that to ever happen in your eyes...?????

We have been asking for a "real" GM forever...and now that we have one..........everyone is convinced nothing is changed......So...you want the GM to be in charge...yet...question weather or not he is??/ really???

You've hit the nail squarely on the head! Scot McGloughin was hired to be the GM of this team, period. Right now I believe in him and his ability to right this listless ship. If others think about it for just a second, there really is nothing else to hang your hats on. The front office?....Nope........HC?.....Nope......Players (3-13) Nope........Changes are coming to this team with Scot, his reputation and future are being gambled on success in DC. When we begin to hear from unnamed sources within the organization about him in a negative light my belief that there will be no interference stays intact.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Redskins 2015 QB Competition be a Sham?

he says snyder wants to justify the whopping 6 mil we will pay RG3 next season so the open competition thing is malarkey

cooley could be playing mind games but if he isnt then he has lost touch with reality or he is contaminated with snyder itus and the belief that snyder will never change and scotty took the job to be a puppet

Competition?????? with whom? Himself?.....Cooley is a nitwit who's just toying with non critical thinkers. There will be no competition in camp because right now there is no one to compete with. Let's be honest here, Colt McCoy is not the answer in DC. K. Cousins may very well have peaked as an effective play caller in the minds of his coaches. RGIII, well, the best that can be said at this point is that of the 3 he still has the greater upside, which isn't saying much. So unless this team drafts a QB (which I suspect they will) RGIII's greatest competition in camp will come from........RGIII.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad, how many coaches came here and bought dans story? Do I need to list them? Dan is a very convincing liar, that I give him. Hell, he may believe what he is saying when he says it, but just can't help himself. He has proven he has to meddle.

Lone water, what it is going to take for me to believe dan has changed is actually seeing. He no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt. We've heard his promises way too many times. I hope he has finally changed, but I have no reason to believe it yet.

gibbs and shanny are 2 coaches who had final say as far as coaches go in fact spurrier was allowed to do his own thing

zorn and the others he certainly did meddle

scotty is a gm, not a coach , with a great reputation and i know that he must have talked to everyone who snyder has shafted before signing on to be a puppet in fact spurrier was allowed to do his own thing

sooner or later lucy will have to hold the ball for the kick or else lucy wont have anyone to play with

now you all can be right scotty could puppet mccoy and KC right out of town and we draft brandon bridges and say its an open competition

but if he does that then you will have the grudens crying all over the nfl about how snyder is still meddling and you wont get control of who you play

then you will getting ball inflators from JMU as coaches

and god forbid if RG3 actually goes out and beats out KC or Colt or whomever legit veteran we bring in . we will never hear the end of it :10::pound:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wont speak for any one else, but I would love to see Bob actually TAKE the starting job for once in his Redskins career. Go out and play QB (Real QB, not the Mike Vick 2.0 brand). But a legit Qb comp would mean a starter wont even be close to decided before week three of the preseason. If every one has an EVEN shot and Bob wins out, it will actually mark real improvement in him as a QB..... that or it will mean Kirk Cousins or who ever else is in the comp isnt fit to walk on the field.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So...you are of the belief that Scot, put his hard earned reputation on the line to come here and have danny ruin what he spent a lifetime to create???????

Once again....I will ask the question since you didnt answer it.....What will it take to convince you??? you didnt say...you said he gets no benefit of the doubt......so.....you are saying from now until dan dies or sells the team...you will be of the opinion that no matter what...he is running things?????

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...you are of the belief that Scot, put his hard earned reputation on the line to come here and have danny ruin what he spent a lifetime to create???????

Once again....I will ask the question since you didnt answer it.....What will it take to convince you??? you didnt say...you said he gets no benefit of the doubt......so.....you are saying from now until dan dies or sells the team...you will be of the opinion that no matter what...he is running things?????

look i get their frustration but they wont ever trust snyder no matter what he does or what evidence you present because it doesnt fit their narrative

we'll just have to live with that :suds:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess is scot believes, just like mike s. and a whole slew before him, that he will be given complete autonomy to build this team. I'll bet even dan belives he WANTS to give him autonomy. The issue is that Dan has proven he can't keep out and let those he hired do their job. He can't help himself. Do you belive that dan was involved in the shanahan/RG3 issue?

As for what is it goi g to take for me to believe dan won't meddle? I did say above. I have to actually see it. Him, or anyone in the FO just saying it doesn't do it for me anymore. His track record dictates that.

I liken the situation to Angelos off the Orioles. For 20 years he meddled. It wasn't until the last few years he finally let loose a bit and his team improved. I think Dan wants a winner, he just suffers from the smartest guy in the room syndrome as we'll as I think he gets a bit of a woody hanging around these great athletes.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look i get their frustration but they wont ever trust snyder no matter what he does or what evidence you present because it doesnt fit their narrative

we'll just have to live with that :suds:

What evidence did he present?