• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conspiracy Theory #4 Taylor Heinicke

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is doubting Wince but deep down inside hoping he turns back the clock and returns to MVP candidate form.
But sadly what if he gets injured asap like Bearded Fitz, and we are forced into starting Taylor again? Now Taylor clearly wasn't it, as a starter, but that was also his first FULL season playing. Is it possible Taylor H, takes the job from Wince due to injury and never looks back, leading us to the playoffs

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is doubting Wince but deep down inside hoping he turns back the clock and returns to MVP candidate form.
But sadly what if he gets injured asap like Bearded Fitz, and we are forced into starting Taylor again? Now Taylor clearly wasn't it, as a starter, but that was also his first FULL season playing. Is it possible Taylor H, takes the job from Wince due to injury and never looks back, leading us to the playoffs
I won't predict another season in which an unknown will take the reins of this team because frankly the only unknown on the roster with any sort of chance is Howell.

That said, right now Howell is the best QB, head to toe, on the team. Although he is raw and not ready to start, he will generate a little buzz during camp and the preseason. Neither the coaches nor players will say it aloud/publicly they all will be impressed by his confidence and that confidence will be the basis upon which the buzz builds.

To your point about Heinicke, wouldn't that be, if it happens just the way that you wrote it, one of the all time great stories in NFL lore??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wince is a mid level starter and he will play like one . some great games and some poor ones . my beef isnt with him so much as it is that the trade to get him was not a good deal by our FO .

this deal was done out of fear and panic and supporters of this trade are a part of fear and panic by their statements about no one will come blahblah blah

now you can flap your soup coolers all you want about " what ifs " and what not but the fact is he is in the same range as a qb as KC is and for all the stupid shit that has gone on since KC left we are at the same exact place at qb now as we were then , the only difference being that this roster has the most talent on it in about 20 years

sty is right about howell but is howell a mid level starter ? will we be happy with that ?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sty is right about howell but is howell a mid level starter ? will we be happy with that ?
Did anyone, anywhere on the planet actually think that Washington with Fitzpatrick, Heinicke and Co. we're going to be real contenders for a chip last year? How about the combination of Wince, Heinicke, Howell, this year?

If you placed all of the names on one of those spinning gaming wheels and had 22 chances at it, would you be happy with each succeeding spin landing on that one spot reading, "sorry try again?"

Depending upon who you are, when you've either no hope, fading hope or still among the hopeful because your only option has been and remains mid-level organizationally, how do you not settle for some form of feigned happiness in order to not go crazy?

Some will take what follows seriously although it's clearly sarcasm, but if you Google. .. "the most content following in the NFL" the first thing that you see is that big assed, stupid, unimaginative, giant block, "W"

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly doubtful. At the very least his decision making and anticipation/timing would have to improve to a satisfactory level at the very least and due to his lack of arm strength. Would probably have to improve to damn good to borderline great for him to lead a team into the playoffs.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wince is a mid level starter and he will play like one . some great games and some poor ones . my beef isnt with him so much as it is that the trade to get him was not a good deal by our FO .

this deal was done out of fear and panic and supporters of this trade are a part of fear and panic by their statements about no one will come blahblah blah

now you can flap your soup coolers all you want about " what ifs " and what not but the fact is he is in the same range as a qb as KC is and for all the stupid shit that has gone on since KC left we are at the same exact place at qb now as we were then , the only difference being that this roster has the most talent on it in about 20 years

Wince isn't as good a QB as Cousins, but both suffer from a lack of intangibles and Wince's accuracy is questionable also. If KC was QBing this team now I'd say chances are better than decent the Skins compete for the NFC east crown and feel pretty confident they could lock up a WC spot for sure. Terry Mac would be ballin with Cuz at QB. With Wince, who knows. Cuz wouldn't lead this team to the SB though, least I don't think he would and that really is the place I want to see them get to.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't predict another season in which an unknown will take the reins of this team because frankly the only unknown on the roster with any sort of chance is Howell.

That said, right now Howell is the best QB, head to toe, on the team. Although he is raw and not ready to start, he will generate a little buzz during camp and the preseason. Neither the coaches nor players will say it aloud/publicly they all will be impressed by his confidence and that confidence will be the basis upon which the buzz builds.

To your point about Heinicke, wouldn't that be, if it happens just the way that you wrote it, one of the all time great stories in NFL lore??

I really like your take on Howell, somehow he was left out of the fantasy equation.
I don't wish evil on Wince but wow...a Howell success story would be even better

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like your take on Howell, somehow he was left out of the fantasy equation.
I don't wish evil on Wince but wow...a Howell success story would be even better
It would be good but it’s way to early for huge predictions . His draft slot suggest career BU . Now let’s hope for better

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be good but it’s way to early for huge predictions . His draft slot suggest career BU . Now let’s hope for better
Right now confidence and youthful energy are Howell's best assets. I'm not saying that he doesn't have talent, (he does) but he's in a situation where he's unlikely to supplant Wince and will have to battle Heinicke for a backup role. As a rookie, under this circumstance, his job is one that requires instilling confidence initially and then letting the chips fall where they will with respect to taking command of the starting job.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Typically, we've seen mid round QBs that get to sit behind solid starters, succeed when its their turn to run the show.
Skins could have a hidden gem in Howell, i agee with you and Sty....don't rush a possible starter

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now confidence and youthful energy are Howell's best assets. I'm not saying that he doesn't have talent, (he does) but he's in a situation where he's unlikely to supplant Wince and will have to battle Heinicke for a backup role. As a rookie, under this circumstance, his job is one that requires instilling confidence initially and then letting the chips fall where they will with respect to taking command of the starting job.
After being drafted Howell said, DC was a great fit for him. Clearly he see's what we all see. TH will never start for us again unless an injury happens. Wince is on a 1 yr deal. Howell should really take this year as a learning curve then be balls deep by start of next OTA's.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After being drafted Howell said, DC was a great fit for him. Clearly he see's what we all see. TH will never start for us again unless an injury happens. Wince is on a 1 yr deal. Howell should really take this year as a learning curve then be balls deep by start of next the OTA's.
Pump the breaks and let’s see what he has

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pump the breaks and let’s see what he has
I said ready to compete by next years OTA's. Notice I didn't say start next year. I would like to see Howell pump the gas by next year, not the brakes.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After being drafted Howell said, DC was a great fit for him. Clearly he see's what we all see. TH will never start for us again unless an injury happens. Wince is on a 1 yr deal. Howell should really take this year as a learning curve then be balls deep by start of next OTA's.
I agree completely! Howell has a real chance here to do what Theesman (sp) did when the main two operators were Sonny and Billy. I cannot see him voluntarily botching this opportunity, and I hope for his sake that he is not thrust into this too soon because of circumstances out of his control. We've seen that before and I'm really pulling for the young man.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said ready to compete by next years OTA's. Notice I didn't say start next year. I would like to see Howell pump the gas by next year, not the brakes.
He shows them and gains their confidence and willingness to back him this year in practice/preseason, Next year, the chips fall where they will with respect to taking command of the starting job. Perhaps it will take more than a season or two for him to get there, but I'm looking forward to the organization exercising (for once) the patience and restraint to groom him in a manner that best works for him and ultimately for the team.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Turner is going to be around for a little bit, so thats also a plus for Howell.
Could be a little glimmer of hope for the team.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Turner is going to be around for a little bit, so thats also a plus for Howell.
what he does with preseason game snaps will be telling

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point but for how long if this season goes south quickly?