• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

congrats to former Mets great Mike Piazza

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a well-deserved Hall of Fame admission.

Best hitting catcher of all-time

Loved Piazza and was a huge fan. It's interesting that he's the first of the "suspected PED guys" to get in, though. Not that I care about that, but he and Bagwell were docked votes previously.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved Piazza and was a huge fan. It's interesting that he's the first of the "suspected PED guys" to get in, though. Not that I care about that, but he and Bagwell were docked votes previously.

Piazza clearly opened the door for some of the other alleged/suspected users. But also, Piazza has never been mentioned on anything like the Mitchell report, has never had to testify regarding possible use, and all the evidence regarding his possible use is purely hearsay. No way the morality police could keep him out.

Also, I think the BBWA clowns are starting to realize how stewpit they've been looking over the past decade with their moral compass BS. I can understand not liking an asshole like Bonds or Clemens and holding a grudge, but you're a professional sports journalist, not a judge of moral character. Those assholes belong with the other greatest players of all time, like them or not. They will eventually get in.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Piazza clearly opened the door for some of the other alleged/suspected users. But also, Piazza has never been mentioned on anything like the Mitchell report, has never had to testify regarding possible use, and all the evidence regarding his possible use is purely hearsay. No way the morality police could keep him out.

Also, I think the BBWA clowns are starting to realize how stewpit they've been looking over the past decade with their moral compass BS. I can understand not liking an asshole like Bonds or Clemens and holding a grudge, but you're a professional sports journalist, not a judge of moral character. Those assholes belong with the other greatest players of all time, like them or not. They will eventually get in.

Yup. I actually think Bonds and Clemens should be in. Bonds was probably even better than Griffey without the juice. It's not as clear on Clemens, but he was among the best of his era. I'm still trying to figure out how Sheffield gets no votes. His resume stacks up nicely with Bagwell's. I can never figure out the HOF vote.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expos and he had five hits in each game.

Yeah, I corrected myself. He played with the Giants in his career as well which is why I made the error. That and my memory isn't what it used to be

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers greatest draft pick of all time

Makes you wonder, when Andre Dawson went in, they chose to have him wear the expo hat, a defunct organization over the cubs, where he won the MVP.

I would think there is no guarantee he goes in as a met. The player does not get to choose.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes you wonder, when Andre Dawson went in, they chose to have him wear the expo hat, a defunct organization over the cubs, where he won the MVP.

I would think there is no guarantee he goes in as a met. The player does not get to choose.
I believe it has already been decided he will go in as a Met.

The Hall has final say, but they do take the players preference into account. They have the final say basically because Wade Boggs wanted to go in as a Devil Ray, and that bastardized the whole process.