• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Congrats to Denver and the Panthers.....

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I went 9-3 in the playoffs, my biggest bungle was the Cards....I thought Carson with all the talent around him had finally arrived, but no, he's still folds like a dollar store lawn chair when it counts most...
I picked Denver to win that game mostly because of the D and at home and even though the Pats made a gallant effort to send it to overtime, it was still sweet to watch Brady hang his head in defeat and Classy PM go to console him and BB afterwards....

Now the SB....Carolina is lethal at home, but this is neutral ground and a long trip and time away from the comforts of home....A lot shorter trip for Denver who is a lot more experience with the hype and media pressure that distracts during the 2 weeks leading up to the big dance...
PM got caught with his pants down last time, I don't expect he will let that happen again...
My pick is in Denver wins by 7-10 points.....And PM retires with dignity and a first ballot HOF'mer...
Gooooo Peyton !!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like this narrative. I hope it holds true. I do agree that the whole 2 weeks up to the Super Bowl the Broncos seemed to be distracted. It wasn't really Manning but more we didn't have a team with any experience Super Bowl wise other than Manning. The coaching staff struggled to put together a good schedule to get ready for the game and even afterwards admitted they were not prepared at all for a lot of what Seattle threw at them. Well if this past week against the Patriots is any indication I think the defense for sure will be ready for whatever the Panthers will try to throw at them.

I will say though the Panthers are the more complete team. The Broncos defense is going to have to have another elite performance to even think about standing a chance. Good chance the offense doesn't score more than 24 in this one so defense has to hold them below that. That has only happened twice this season. Once in the 1st game of the year and then in the one loss they had against the Falcons. Going to have to go watch that Falcons game and see what they did.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has the better D and Cam ain't seen that kind of pressure all yr, plus PM won't be fooled very often by their formations....I remember when we had Ray and Ed, McCallister etc, a top D that stifled most qb's, PM always seemed to be successful against us just enough to win...The Mile High Miracle being the only hiccup...
Ray used to say he loved to play against PM because he was the smartest qb there is....Like a chess game with him....
I think this is it for him and he is gonna lay it all on the line....I'm rooting for him !!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has the better D and Cam ain't seen that kind of pressure all yr, plus PM won't be fooled very often by their formations....I remember when we had Ray and Ed, McCallister etc, a top D that stifled most qb's, PM always seemed to be successful against us just enough to win...The Mile High Miracle being the only hiccup...
Ray used to say he loved to play against PM because he was the smartest qb there is....Like a chess game with him....
I think this is it for him and he is gonna lay it all on the line....I'm rooting for him !!

He has definitely shown me he is giving everything he has got. I mean that 12 yard run should show everybody just how much this means to him. Last year he had nobody within 20 yards of him and he wouldn't run 5 yards for a 1st down. This season just seems like he knows this is it so yeah I do think he is putting it all on the line. My biggest worry though is the Broncos haven't faced a defense quite like this either though. The Patriots were good but I don't think they are Panthers good. Manning is going to have to be perfect for us to really stand a chance. Which I think is not out of the realm of possibility with like you said this being his possibly last game ever.

Defensively my only worry is that the Broncos have in the past struggled some with mobile QB's. They have their best success when they can pin their ears back and go after the QB. With Cam you have to also work to contain so it will slow them down just a bit. I do like our secondary against what they have though. Might make Cam have to hold onto the ball a little longer than he wants. Throw in we are one of the best against the run so this honestly should be a great Super Bowl. I don't see either team blowing out the other because of having such great defenses.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has definitely shown me he is giving everything he has got. I mean that 12 yard run should show everybody just how much this means to him. Last year he had nobody within 20 yards of him and he wouldn't run 5 yards for a 1st down. This season just seems like he knows this is it so yeah I do think he is putting it all on the line. My biggest worry though is the Broncos haven't faced a defense quite like this either though. The Patriots were good but I don't think they are Panthers good. Manning is going to have to be perfect for us to really stand a chance. Which I think is not out of the realm of possibility with like you said this being his possibly last game ever.

Defensively my only worry is that the Broncos have in the past struggled some with mobile QB's. They have their best success when they can pin their ears back and go after the QB. With Cam you have to also work to contain so it will slow them down just a bit. I do like our secondary against what they have though. Might make Cam have to hold onto the ball a little longer than he wants. Throw in we are one of the best against the run so this honestly should be a great Super Bowl. I don't see either team blowing out the other because of having such great defenses.

They play dirty at times too so hopefully the refs have their eye out for it and they get the 15yrd flag if they do.....I don't think their Oline will hold up as well against Denver's rush as yours will against theirs, so Cam will be forced to run when there are no clear lanes...That could be fatal for him as I always have maintained, the pistol qb's are highly subject to injury beings they are not equipped like a RB to take those hits out of the pocket and head on collisions ....
Not wishing it on anyone but it is a high percentage possibility IMO...Good Luck !!:hope:

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I went 9-3 in the playoffs, my biggest bungle was the Cards....I thought Carson with all the talent around him had finally arrived, but no, he's still folds like a dollar store lawn chair when it counts most...
I picked Denver to win that game mostly because of the D and at home and even though the Pats made a gallant effort to send it to overtime, it was still sweet to watch Brady hang his head in defeat and Classy PM go to console him and BB afterwards....

Now the SB....Carolina is lethal at home, but this is neutral ground and a long trip and time away from the comforts of home....A lot shorter trip for Denver who is a lot more experience with the hype and media pressure that distracts during the 2 weeks leading up to the big dance...
PM got caught with his pants down last time, I don't expect he will let that happen again...
My pick is in Denver wins by 7-10 points.....And PM retires with dignity and a first ballot HOF'mer...
Gooooo Peyton !!!
Did Carson fold or did Carolina put pressure on him practically every snap? I'd say it was the latter. Arizona's offensive line was more of a revolving door than a wall.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Carson fold or did Carolina put pressure on him practically every snap? I'd say it was the latter. Arizona's offensive line was more of a revolving door than a wall.

Well that no doubt was a factor but they faced Seattle twice and did well so it's not like he ain't seen a good D before....He's not reliable in playoff games, I don't know why but he morphs into Kyle Boller everytime....:L

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that no doubt was a factor but they faced Seattle twice and did well so it's not like he ain't seen a good D before....He's not reliable in playoff games, I don't know why but he morphs into Kyle Boller everytime....:L

I didn't watch the game yesterday but just looking at the box score it makes me believe it was like the game before where honestly he should have thrown 5 interceptions. He just seemed to really question with where to throw the football. During the regular season he was a guy that pulled the trigger very quickly and they were explosive. Playoffs he just didn't look like he trusted his eyes.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch the game yesterday but just looking at the box score it makes me believe it was like the game before where honestly he should have thrown 5 interceptions. He just seemed to really question with where to throw the football. During the regular season he was a guy that pulled the trigger very quickly and they were explosive. Playoffs he just didn't look like he trusted his eyes.

Maybe it's a Bengal thing, I don't know, but it does seem to be a trend with their qb's....:noidea:

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle blew them out at Arizona 36-6 in their final regular season game.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle blew them out at Arizona 36-6 in their final regular season game.
was last game of season and they already had the #2 seed clinched, they won the first one in Seattle...
So as I said, they've seen good D's before.....Although their schedule didn't have a lot of good D's this yr, they did see one twice...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's a Bengal thing, I don't know, but it does seem to be a trend with their qb's....:noidea:
Uh oh... Watch out for Bungal fans and their Kimo Von Oelhoffen tirade

:behindsofa: