• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Congrats CU Fans

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS. I will say that rb Lindsey played extremely hard like always. Love that guy.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like the Buffs didn't show up for the fight. I hope Leavitt wasn't the guy who got the team's juices moving (now off to Oregon with Clark following today).

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like the Buffs didn't show up for the fight. I hope Leavitt wasn't the guy who got the team's juices moving (now off to Oregon with Clark following today).
Was wondering same thing ( Leavitt ) pretty early on in game.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you Buff fans feeling about this recruiting class? Looks like some big boys for the OL.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Buffs are stacked with Oline in this cycle - mostly from Texas and California, but the highest rated was Jake Moretti - local kid who walked away from his Ohio State Scholarship - committed to the Buffs - and is already on Campus - as an early enrollee. They also got Grant Polley from Texas who was recruited strongly by UTexas. Big kids.

The Buffs got a top 10 QB in Lyttle - and two 4 star WRs from Texas - I think the strength of this recruiting class is at WR and Oline. The Buffs also cleaned up with tall lanky Juco CBs - and Dlinemen who can rush the passer.

I was thinking - though - the best thing about the Buffs - is not the increase in talent with this year's recruiting it is the Strength and Conditioning Coach Drew Wilson - made a quantitative difference with first year at CU last year - and really looking forward to what he can do with kids a couple of years with him under their belts. Also - feel good that the better athletes of this year's recruiting haul - get Drew Wilson as their SC coach.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would feel better about it if I didn't think that some of the other Pac-12 schools just dominated this year in recruiting. Stanford especially just blew me away with their recruiting class. the top-2 OT's in the entire class and the top QB. That could be a deadly offense in a year or two.

I will say this...Colorado had a great depth group. Got a lot of quality signings just none of the top signings.

Washington also had a great recruiting class and so did USC. That is the big issue to me is that yes Colorado did pretty darn well but they are having to fight against some bigger schools that have an easier time bringing in the big names.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would feel better about it if I didn't think that some of the other Pac-12 schools just dominated this year in recruiting. Stanford especially just blew me away with their recruiting class. the top-2 OT's in the entire class and the top QB. That could be a deadly offense in a year or two.

I will say this...Colorado had a great depth group. Got a lot of quality signings just none of the top signings.

Washington also had a great recruiting class and so did USC. That is the big issue to me is that yes Colorado did pretty darn well but they are having to fight against some bigger schools that have an easier time bringing in the big names.

It is incremental - This is the first year in 10 the Buffs won some recruiting battles with top Power 5 schools - the Buffs are trying to pick off a USC recruit right now - named Lang. The poached JD Nixon from Tennessee - Chris Miller from Oregon and Miss. - Grant Polley from Texas. They won 10 games last year with recruiting classes ranked in the 60s - this one is ranked about 30th.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is incremental - This is the first year in 10 the Buffs won some recruiting battles with top Power 5 schools - the Buffs are trying to pick off a USC recruit right now - named Lang. The poached JD Nixon from Tennessee - Chris Miller from Oregon and Miss. - Grant Polley from Texas. They won 10 games last year with recruiting classes ranked in the 60s - this one is ranked about 30th.

Not saying it wasn't a good recruiting class that they can build with. I just worry they are fighting against some bigger schools for dominance. I think the Buffs have shown they have the ability to stay a winning team in the Pac-12. I just think USC, Washington, and USC stand a much better chance of being tops in the Pac-12 most years.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado- #25 recruiting rank in nation. Best ranking since 2008. Good call Mingo ! Congrats CU football !! Well deserved.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Buffs are stacked with Oline in this cycle - mostly from Texas and California, but the highest rated was Jake Moretti - local kid who walked away from his Ohio State Scholarship - committed to the Buffs - and is already on Campus - as an early enrollee. They also got Grant Polley from Texas who was recruited strongly by UTexas. Big kids.

The Buffs got a top 10 QB in Lyttle - and two 4 star WRs from Texas - I think the strength of this recruiting class is at WR and Oline. The Buffs also cleaned up with tall lanky Juco CBs - and Dlinemen who can rush the passer.

I was thinking - though - the best thing about the Buffs - is not the increase in talent with this year's recruiting it is the Strength and Conditioning Coach Drew Wilson - made a quantitative difference with first year at CU last year - and really looking forward to what he can do with kids a couple of years with him under their belts. Also - feel good that the better athletes of this year's recruiting haul - get Drew Wilson as their SC coach.

Happy about OL we needed it badly.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing the Buffs have going for them into next season:

1) Last year's hire of strength and Conditioning Coach Drew Wilson was a great move - and magically the Buffs physically looked like a Pac12 team last season. Year two with Wilson - and the new guys get a great Strength and Conditioning coach to get them ready.
2) 9 guys from this class are already early enrollees at CU - so they are already working out and will be there for spring ball.
3) Coach Mac - used Juco transfers to plug graduation holes - just like the Broncos use Free Agency so that are not drafting from a position of need. He got some big guys for NT and DE - and a couple of CBs - insuring the Buffs will reload on defense quickly.
4) Last years Freshman CB Isiah Oliver - who was so impressive down the stretch - this past week just set a new CU record in the 60M hurdles. Oliver - son of former Denver Bronco Mohamad Oliver - is a football player / decathlon athlete.
5) The Buffs are building up an extremely fast crew at the skill positions on offense and defense. JD Nixon - a true freshman from Texas is electrifying - and he isn't even as fast as another Texas recruit - Jaylon Jackson - known in HS as "The Truth." Jackson is coming off an ACL but ran a 10.53 100MM while after the surgery.
6) Major A grades for the Oline and Dline - 5 new top Olinemen signed - all of them mobile, agile and hostile. The Dline was shored up too - with some incredible athletes - including a guy from Finland - who will certainly be a candidate for the NFL draft in a couple of years.
7) Coach Mac's hires of new coaches appear to be solid. ShaDon Brown was hired to coach the secondary - he brought the Army football team up 86 spots on pass defense in one year of coaching. 4 years prior to that he coached the top small college to a #2 ranking in pass defense.
8) On Offense - most of the guys return and Montez who will have to step up - got good experience last year - even setting a CU record as the first QB to pass for 300 yards in a game and run for another 100 yards.

I don't know if the Buffs get to 10 wins next year, but I think they will be improved.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing the Buffs have going for them into next season:

1) Last year's hire of strength and Conditioning Coach Drew Wilson was a great move - and magically the Buffs physically looked like a Pac12 team last season. Year two with Wilson - and the new guys get a great Strength and Conditioning coach to get them ready.
2) 9 guys from this class are already early enrollees at CU - so they are already working out and will be there for spring ball.
3) Coach Mac - used Juco transfers to plug graduation holes - just like the Broncos use Free Agency so that are not drafting from a position of need. He got some big guys for NT and DE - and a couple of CBs - insuring the Buffs will reload on defense quickly.
4) Last years Freshman CB Isiah Oliver - who was so impressive down the stretch - this past week just set a new CU record in the 60M hurdles. Oliver - son of former Denver Bronco Mohamad Oliver - is a football player / decathlon athlete.
5) The Buffs are building up an extremely fast crew at the skill positions on offense and defense. JD Nixon - a true freshman from Texas is electrifying - and he isn't even as fast as another Texas recruit - Jaylon Jackson - known in HS as "The Truth." Jackson is coming off an ACL but ran a 10.53 100MM while after the surgery.
6) Major A grades for the Oline and Dline - 5 new top Olinemen signed - all of them mobile, agile and hostile. The Dline was shored up too - with some incredible athletes - including a guy from Finland - who will certainly be a candidate for the NFL draft in a couple of years.
7) Coach Mac's hires of new coaches appear to be solid. ShaDon Brown was hired to coach the secondary - he brought the Army football team up 86 spots on pass defense in one year of coaching. 4 years prior to that he coached the top small college to a #2 ranking in pass defense.
8) On Offense - most of the guys return and Montez who will have to step up - got good experience last year - even setting a CU record as the first QB to pass for 300 yards in a game and run for another 100 yards.

I don't know if the Buffs get to 10 wins next year, but I think they will be improved.

If we get to a bowl is all I want for 17. Lots of transition that might take a season to hit their stride.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love to see a Rose Bowl in near future. Didn't say national championship because as long as Saban is there, Alabama will too and don't see Colo beating them in my lifetime. Good post ^ Mingo. Good info and good kudos for Oliver. He is going to be a stud.