• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conference Semifinals: Boston Celtics (2) vs Philadelphia 76ers (3)

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You fucking pussy
My sports opinion is as cherished to me as my precious hairy testicles. I can tell no lies. If they rise up and do this, I will be a believer but they have to earn that shit. Celtics are the Sixers daddy until they prove otherwise.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sports opinion is as cherished to me as my precious hairy testicles. I can tell no lies. If they rise up and do this, I will be a believer but they have to earn that shit. Celtics are the Sixers daddy until they prove otherwise.
I can't lie either

Sixers in 4

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Series will play every other day unless it gets to a game 7

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With everyone healthy on both squads...Philly in Six.
But with how it actually is? Boston in 7 is my pick. Might take so much out of the winner that the West team might take em

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 best records left in the playoffs, big time teams, Milwaukee didn't hold up their end but these guys are squaring off. Looking forward to it and could see any outcome in 6 or 7 games. 4 or 5 games to me seems really unlikely.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But with how it actually is? Boston in 7 is my pick. Might take so much out of the winner that the West team might take em

Nah.

West winner will have a shot for sure.

But the Bucks going out really opens the bracket for the winner of this series.

Neither Miami nor NY will make a conference Finals easy, but they aren’t winning barring major injury for Boston/Philly.

Lots of time between this series and the NBA Finals.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.

West winner will have a shot for sure.

But the Bucks going out really opens the bracket for the winner of this series.

Neither Miami nor NY will make a conference Finals easy, but they aren’t winning barring major injury for Boston/Philly.

Lots of time between this series and the NBA Finals.
Ny been really successful against Boston this season and i dont think Philly wants to see Jimmy in a playoffs series again

I dont the winner of the series is a lock for anything

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly have no fucking clue but I think it is a long series. I wanna say the Sixers in 6 or 7 but I just don't think the Sixers have guys to defend Tatum and Brown. Most teams don't but I still think Boston squeaks by in 7.

Honestly, it really could go either way.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So glad this is finally here. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. The Sixers clearly have a matchup in Embiid. Will Boston continue their regular season strategy of single coverage on Embiid and taking away everything else around him? It led to 3-1 in the regular season despite being short handed in every game but the first. In the last three games, the Sixers have done a decent job on Tatum. Who would have thought that Tobias Freakin’ Harris was the type of cover that could hold his own vs Tatum. The thing he has is some size to contest his jumper. Will the Celtics make the Sixers pay for using Embiid to sag off his cover and rim protect?

This could be an epic series. Sixers only have a shot if it goes 6 or 7. A quick series is advantage Celtics.

This is THE moment for the Process. Futures of Harden, Rivers and to a smaller extent Embiid in Philly rest on the result of this series. They need to get the 2nd round monkey off of their backs. If they can pull out a series win here, shaking off that kind of road block often results in riding a wave that could take them to a title. If they win this series, they have home court throughout the rest of the playoffs. Monday night can’t get here soon enough.

Celtics guys @Q @Wamu @Gman let me say now, good luck. I’m gonna enjoy talking ball with you throughout the series. That being said, I’m gonna borrow from the Lakers tradition and say this.

Fuck Boston
Fuck Boston
Fuck Boston!
Fuck Boston!

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly have no fucking clue but I think it is a long series. I wanna say the Sixers in 6 or 7 but I just don't think the Sixers have guys to defend Tatum and Brown. Most teams don't but I still think Boston squeaks by in 7.

Honestly, it really could go either way.
You don’t have to take away both. You just have to hold down one to give yourself a chance. I’m more scared about the Derek White Malcolm Brogdan pairings vs the Sixers. They’ve been the best on court pair for the Celtics vs the Sixers this season. Ironically, I’ve breathed a sigh of relief this year in Sixers Celtics games when one of those guys checks out and Smart checks back in. And on the surface that sounds crazy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t have to take away both. You just have to hold down one to give yourself a chance. I’m more scared about the Derek White Malcolm Brogdan pairings vs the Sixers. They’ve been the best on court pair for the Celtics vs the Sixers this season. Ironically, I’ve breathed a sigh of relief this year in Sixers Celtics games when one of those guys checks out and Smart checks back in. And on the surface that sounds crazy.
That’s just another added factor, when their bench is on and shooting lights out they are almost impossible to beat. This series will ultimately come down to Philly’s defense imo. Like I said, I wouldn’t be surprised either way. This is Philly’s best shot

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s just another added factor, when their bench is on and shooting lights out they are almost impossible to beat. This series will ultimately come down to Philly’s defense imo. Like I said, I wouldn’t be surprised either way. This is Philly’s best shot
The Sixers can’t get lulled to sleep pounding the Embiid matchup vs single coverage. Embiid needs to be disciplined and look to make plays from the top of the key or the nail. Sixers others need to be active and cutting and screening around it. Celtics have laid the bait with this in the regular season. The Sixers get too Embiid-centric and then in the Embiid off minutes guys have to step up but they haven’t gotten touches or any flow on the offensive end and they haven’t been able to flip the switch on. In this series, the Sixers would be better off having Embiid average 25 and facilitate to get other guys off than for him to average 35 banging that matchup repeatedly. Late in the game and in the 4Q is a different story. You close with that matchup or with Harden/Embiid pick and roll / pick and pop Embiid at the nail. But through 3 Q they can’t lean too much on Jo. Using him this way in theory should give him a little extra at the defensive end where he really needs to look All Defense for them to win.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Embiid hurt or what?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Embiid hurt or what?
Slight sprain of his LCL. Last played on Thursday April 20th. They say it’s a recovery time of 1-2 weeks. As far as knees go, this was best case scenario. That being said, he will be wearing a brace. Who knows how this effects his first step or if this injury/brace creates a bit of mental hesitation on his part. I think he plays all games in the series. Sixers organization should take notes from the Bucks. You just can’t concede a single playoff game by resting a player. That being said, he’s probably 50/50 for Monday night. I would guarantee he’s a go regardless for Wednesday night.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping for sixers in 6 if the heat advance but my actual prediction is Celtics in 5