• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conference Championship Games

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some good games on schedule for Sunday.

GB has played great. Aaron Rodgers has been the best QB in the NFC yet I think that Seattle's defense will be too much to handle. Seattle has great coverage of receivers in the secondary. The Seahawks are stacked with talent on defense. Every week teams barely score against them. GB's offense is something special but Seattle's defense is even better.

The Pats vs Indy game should be interesting. Indy has thrown the ball great this year. This will be another big test for Luck against a good secondary & good overall defense. Luck has the talent. Can he step up & play well again on the road in the biggest game of his career? If the Colts can run the ball well enough that will help.The Pats defense is too good to be beat by a one dimensional offense. Herron runs the ball hard every play. Also, Tipton ran the ball well with limited carries. On defense for the Colts, as we all know stopping the run will be a big focus for them after what happened in the last two games. The Colts secondary played very well vs Denver. Vontae Davis was outstanding at deflecting passes.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots caught the Colts at their worse. We will have our hands full if we think we will duplicate the last game against Indy. Jonas Gray will not be running for 201yards. We have other plans.....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots caught the Colts at their worse. We will have our hands full if we think we will duplicate the last game against Indy. Jonas Gray will not be running for 201yards. We have other plans.....

The Pats should be favored to win. That said, the Colts do have a chance. They are a much better team than earlier in the season when the two teams played. They have been stopping the run better. The are now 18th in the NFL at stopping the run. That's not too bad. The Colts are 12th at stopping the pass. I was surprised at just how well the Colts secondary covered the Broncos receivers. They have some solid players. CB V Davis is a playing at a pro-bowl level right now. They may have him cover Edelman. The Pats have Gronk tho & he's the best TE in the league. He's always difficult matchup for both CB's or LB's. As usual, his effectiveness will be a big factor in the Pats success. Luck has above average mobility in the pocket & a great arm. He seems to deal with pressure well & their Oline has some cohesion now having played with the same group for 3 games. Their Oline had a lot of changes earlier in the year. Some QB's fold under pressure against the Pats. We'll see if Luck is ready to take the next step. Their RB Herron runs with a lot of toughness. He has a hurt shoulder yet he keeps making plays. He catches the ball well also & that could be a factor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats should be favored to win. That said, the Colts do have a chance. They are a much better team than earlier in the season when the two teams played. They have been stopping the run better. The are now 18th in the NFL at stopping the run. That's not too bad. The Colts are 12th at stopping the pass. I was surprised at just how well the Colts secondary covered the Broncos receivers. They have some solid players. CB V Davis is a playing at a pro-bowl level right now. They may have him cover Edelman. The Pats have Gronk tho & he's the best TE in the league. He's always difficult matchup for both CB's or LB's. As usual, his effectiveness will be a big factor in the Pats success. Luck has above average mobility in the pocket & a great arm. He seems to deal with pressure well & their Oline has some cohesion now having played with the same group for 3 games. Their Oline had a lot of changes earlier in the year. Some QB's fold under pressure against the Pats. We'll see if Luck is ready to take the next step. Their RB Herron runs with a lot of toughness. He has a hurt shoulder yet he keeps making plays. He catches the ball well also & that could be a factor.

Condense that. So what are you predicting?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Condense that. So what are you predicting?

I expect a close game that could go either way. If I were to pick though I would pick the Pats to win. That said, the Colts proved me wrong with my Denver prediction. They could prove me wrong again. lol Anytime that you have a QB that is playing as well as Luck a team has a chance. Add in that there secondary just played a great game & there Oline gets better every week, it would not surprise me if they pull off the upset. Also, the Colt's run defense is much better now. Chandler Jones' brother Arthur didn't play in the last game vs the Pats. He will play Sunday. He's 335lbs of run stuffer. He is one of the main reasons that it will be harder to run on the Colts.