• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Commit #13

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT Antoine white 6'3 268lb

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White seems like a good DT but being limited in scholarships I rather it be Holley who committed instead. Oh well better have a decent DT then no player at all. Only 2 more scholarships left and we need some OL help.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White seems like a good DT but being limited in scholarships I rather it be Holley who committed instead. Oh well better have a decent DT then no player at all. Only 2 more scholarships left and we need some OL help.

Welcome, sir. At least it seems as though we've managed some high quality with our few schollies.

fonze232

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glad to see the familiar face! :suds:

I would rather have Holley too. The White recruitment went at light speed. Visited one week, got an offer, came back to commit the next week. Maybe faster than the staff wanted?

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, this kid seems to have been overlooked because he was only 250 pounds as a defensive lineman last year, but is now at 270. I have a feeling that his stock will be going up once football season gets going this fall if he stays healthy.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fonze my Caps logo shouldnt bother you because they can never win when it actually matters the playoffs. God it hurts to see them play great most of the season and then fall apart during a game 7.

Okay back to White. I believe the staff let him know that they only had a few scholarships left and if he rushed to commit before someone else did. The 5 star guys like Nicholson are going to wait it out till after senior year and Penn State will fill up on guys like White who jumped on the remaining scholarships. We are going to lose out on great players because the staff offered like 25 (guessing) scholarships when we only have like 15-18 available to give. It's almost first come first serve. What would really suck is if we filled up our limit of scholarships to give and top guys have to be turned away because of it.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't question our DL coach when it comes to recruiting. He must have seen something he really liked in White. Also, keep in mind we'll have some early enrollees, so we probably have a couple more left than people think. Holley is still an option and still being recruited, but looks like he'll drag it out now with a flurry of offers coming as of late. Think the rest will be DB type with Henry, Nicholson being top 2 targets. Who knows, they could get someone else they can't turn away and find way to make room....Bookser is really only OL they are still recruiting as well. They are already putting in major work on next year's class and impressing some big time kids already. The Lasch bash was a big hit.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would never question LJ's recruiting or Defensive coaching for that matter but I am saying I rather have a Holley then a White playing DT but of course I would love if both joined. Yes there will be some EE's (O'Conner properly) but say we have 2 EE that leaves us with 4 remaining and those 4 will most likely be snagged up quickly by 3 star recruits while the 4-5 star guys take their time in their recruiting process. From what I counted from Scout.com is that we have 23 scholarships offered that haven't been accepted yet. The 4 guys I see commit to finish our recruiting class will be CB DeAndre Scott, RB Qadree Ollison, DT Ricky Walker, and TE Mike Gesicki.

OT Bookser- I see Pitt landing but man that would be awesome if he joined. After this season I see us hurting on the O-line. I believe we have 4 seniors starting this season.

DT Holley- First looked like a commit to PSU but just like you said he has received lots of attention lately and properly would go else where.

DB Henry & Nicholson- Henry I see going to going to Pitt or WVU. Nicholson I have a feeling he joins Penn State. I could also see him picking Alabama.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would never question LJ's recruiting or Defensive coaching for that matter but I am saying I rather have a Holley then a White playing DT but of course I would love if both joined. Yes there will be some EE's (O'Conner properly) but say we have 2 EE that leaves us with 4 remaining and those 4 will most likely be snagged up quickly by 3 star recruits while the 4-5 star guys take their time in their recruiting process. From what I counted from Scout.com is that we have 23 scholarships offered that haven't been accepted yet. The 4 guys I see commit to finish our recruiting class will be CB DeAndre Scott, RB Qadree Ollison, DT Ricky Walker, and TE Mike Gesicki.

OT Bookser- I see Pitt landing but man that would be awesome if he joined. After this season I see us hurting on the O-line. I believe we have 4 seniors starting this season.

DT Holley- First looked like a commit to PSU but just like you said he has received lots of attention lately and properly would go else where.

DB Henry & Nicholson- Henry I see going to going to Pitt or WVU. Nicholson I have a feeling he joins Penn State. I could also see him picking Alabama.

I doubt those 3 star guys don't have committable offers (Ollison definitely doesn't) and are being slow played. They have a spot for Henry no matter what and PSU leads, Pitt no better than 3rd. Nicholson getting worked by Thompkins and Vincent at the opening, think if we have a spot for him, he's our's. Holley is a wildcard, who knows, he seems to change directions like the wind these days. Don't think Pitt will be a factor for Bookser once he sees OSU, Bama, etc and PSU really made up some ground for him a week or 2 ago.