• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comment Thread (Mock Draft)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough pick for me with the Bengals.

Really hard targeted Darrion Lee or Jaran Reed with this pick.

With them both gone went with Doctson. AJ Green needs help. Bengals lost their #2 and 3 WR, added LaFell who I've never been a big fan of. Doctson will help spread the field to get AJ Green open something I don't think LaFell will be able to do.

There was one more defensive player I almost went here but didn't feel it was a great fit for the Bengals. (Won't mention any names not drafted).

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are three defensive players I'm surprised are still available. A little surprised to see Doctson go before at least one other WR.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might also be the only one who thinks Jalen Ramsey is going to bust, but I understand him going #1 as his stock is a top 3 pick. I like Hargreaves better as a pure CB and not sure Ramsey is worth a #1 pick as a safety. I'm just not sure what position I see him as. Loads of talent, just not sure how he will develop at the next level.

Well, the Titans' secondary is a dumpster fire, so wherever he plays should make for a significant upgrade.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanley is falling due to concerns about athletic ability. A lot of scouts don't see him as a LT in the NFL. Not saying it was an awful pick. He may not have been there at #18, but not sure he is the type of prospect worth giving up a 2nd round pick for. Just my opinion.

Let's face it though. The Colts OL has been bad and neglected for years, about damn time they make a move to grab one.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are three defensive players I'm surprised are still available. A little surprised to see Doctson go before at least one other WR.

Yes, on the defensive players.

WR was debatable but when you realize how much attention the Bengals have given Doctson that also factored in. Almost went with a D player there on value, but didn't really fit the system. Don't like anything behind AJ Green on the Bengals so went with WR. I personally love Doctson but I also like the other guy you're talking about too.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanley is falling due to concerns about athletic ability. A lot of scouts don't see him as a LT in the NFL. Not saying it was an awful pick. He may not have been there at #18, but not sure he is the type of prospect worth giving up a 2nd round pick for. Just my opinion.

I haven't heard that, but I haven't been scouring the rumors pages the past few days. Thanks for the info. I kind of think it may be a little nit picky, like we see a lot about this time of year, but that's just me

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The word I got on Stanley is that some teams don't think he is a lock as a top 10 pick like a lot of people have him. Doesn't mean he will drop much further if he does drop out of the top 10. Could also be teams picking in that 11-15 range trying to create some buzz hoping he could drop a few spots to them.

ThinMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Debated between Billings and another player for a little while for Pitty, but he's just too much of a beast to pass on. The Steelers have moved to much more of a hybrid front over the past couple of seasons(away from the standard 3-4), so the fact Billings can actually press the pocket from the interior, on top of being a "ball of knives" vs. the run, made him too attractive to ignore. More interior pressure, which the team has been bereft of since Casey Hampton began to degrade, won't hurt the pass coverage either. Putting him alongside of one of Heyward or Tuitt on the inside on clear passing downs/subpackages with Shazier or Timmons on the blizt behind them? Yes, please.

The fact he's so young was a minor draw as well. If he pans, he could be blowing up plays in the backfield for a dozen years if he remains healthy and they decided to pay to keep him around.

Last edited:

Freedom298

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Continued the run on DTs

NT isn't necessarily the biggest need for the Cards but man would that D line be good if Robinson lives up to his billing.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may have to pass up a great player at a great value but a position I don't need that I am shocked is still here.

Ellis269

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a couple of guys that I'm surprised are still on the board. It'll be interesting to see who Denver takes.

There are so many good DL this year. One or two might slip, but I could see the real draft playing out in a similar manner. Think the Cards got a steal in Robinson. The 3 guys that my son liked for Green Bay were Billings, Nkemdiche and Robinson. Was hard for him to pick between the two that were still on the board. Can't wait to see how the 2nd round shakes out.

ThinMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may have to pass up a great player at a great value but a position I don't need that I am shocked is still here.

Now you don't have to worry about it. Panthers didn't even really need him that much, but no way should he still have been lurking at 31. He should have been gone top 20.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alexander has no business being there at #30. :) Great pick on value. Can never have enough good CB's I suppose. Also ya never know Norman could sign his 1 year deal and move on next year. Finnegan already retired once.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picks coming shortly. That was a fairly brutal run for me.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well @Draft Crazy very interested who you pick for the Broncos. Better not fail us or you will hear about it on the Broncos Board.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just preparing you for the real draft to be letdown. ;)

@femurov is up

Haha well if we were able to trade back and still get him I would be a very happy camper. I kind of figured with how much we have all talked about him that Jones is who you would go with. Would not surprise me one bit if exactly what you did of trading back a few spots to pick up an extra 4th round pick actually happened.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha well if we were able to trade back and still get him I would be a very happy camper. I kind of figured with how much we have all talked about him that Jones is who you would go with. Would not surprise me one bit if exactly what you did of trading back a few spots to pick up an extra 4th round pick actually happened.

Once Doc took Vernon Butler I had my clear #1 in Jones.

I didn't want to lose him when I trade down but I had a feeling I would get him and I would have bee ok with two others there, but really honestly if it was the real draft I may not have chanced it with someone possible moving ahead of my pick.