• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Commanders at Dallas Game 1 2023

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you are correct. I thought we would have the big year last year, but it failed. I thought Harris would give him an evaluation period this year and if he won, he could have stayed.
Dean, you are a smart guy.

You do research and investigate. For the life of me, you hang on to things and won't let them go until it's past time.

You knew Rivera being the gm was a stupid idea but hung on to it

We are all fans, but getting excited for any and all changes is different. If we hired Josh McDaniels on Black Monday, would you be excited? I wouldn't because he sux.

You can't argue about something for 4 years, get proven wrong, then throw your hands up and say you were just being a fan.

We are all fans here.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did.

I posted those polls to show that there were other fans who felt the way I did.

Of course, I wanted to make the playoffs at the beginning of the season.
That is true...others felt that way.

I didn't want to want to make the playoffs because I wanted Rivera gone. We were never going to move forward with Rivera having total control. You know this.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean, you are a smart guy.

You do research and investigate. For the life of me, you hang on to things and won't let them go until it's past time.

You knew Rivera being the gm was a stupid idea but hung on to it

We are all fans, but getting excited for any and all changes is different. If we hired Josh McDaniels on Black Monday, would you be excited? I wouldn't because he sux.

You can't argue about something for 4 years, get proven wrong, then throw your hands up and say you were just being a fan.

We are all fans here.

Well, i not going to hate on a coach we first hire. I always give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I argued with you about if RR won this year.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true...others felt that way.

I didn't want to want to make the playoffs because I wanted Rivera gone. We were never going to move forward with Rivera having total control. You know this.

I know, im responding to your post. Just like you know what i said in the offseason if we lose this year RR is gone

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, i not going to hate on a coach we first hire. I always give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I argued with you about if RR won this year.
Well, let's cheer the new GM and coach together!

Have a safe and fun holiday weekend dean.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
slirp fest. do you mean my hypothetical? I liked the RR signing like other posters here. I dont deny that at all.
no i mean 4yrs of slirp festing not the foolish hypothetical

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will this be over when the season is over. Jesus!!

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will this be over when the season is over. Jesus!!
I hope so.

Lets be clear, nobody has taken more heat in their view over Rivera than me. I have been personally attacked and insulted, literally told to leave the board, and was told I am not a fan of this team. I can't name another poster who has experienced that. Maybe you can?

I have been told for 4 years that I am wrong and that Rivera was the answer by the other poster in question.

Have I been annoying and irritating? Yes. I apologize for that and confess to being overly repeatative and obnoxious in my view with Rivera. Nobody has called themselves out more and owned up to this more than me.

Dean has admitted his opinion on Rivera was wrong. I also believe he has learned to not make unrealistic predictions. Not putting words in his mouth, but I am sure he would have taken a much different approach to his support of rivera and the team the past 4 years. I certainly have. It's a message board and nobody is perfect. I have apologized to Dean for being combative and apologize to anyone else i caused to go crazy over Ron rivera. We all have our opinions, but I got overly aggressive and tried to push my views on others. That is wrong.

While i admit my intent to constantly argue about Rivera was wrong, I will not apologize for being right. I said from day 1 it was a bad hire. While i knew it was a mistake to hire him, my approach in discussing this was poor. I am ready to turn the page on his disastrous tenure and get our team back.

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so.

Lets be clear, nobody has taken more heat in their view over Rivera than me. I have been personally attacked and insulted, literally told to leave the board, and was told I am not a fan of this team. I can't name another poster who has experienced that. Maybe you can?

I have been told for 4 years that I am wrong and that Rivera was the answer by the other poster in question.

Have I been annoying and irritating? Yes. I apologize for that and confess to being overly repeatative and obnoxious in my view with Rivera. Nobody has called themselves out more and owned up to this more than me.

Dean has admitted his opinion on Rivera was wrong. I also believe he has learned to not make unrealistic predictions. Not putting words in his mouth, but I am sure he would have taken a much different approach to his support of rivera and the team the past 4 years. I certainly have. It's a message board and nobody is perfect. I have apologized to Dean for being combative and apologize to anyone else i caused to go crazy over Ron rivera. We all have our opinions, but I got overly aggressive and tried to push my views on others. That is wrong.

While i admit my intent to constantly argue about Rivera was wrong, I will not apologize for being right. I said from day 1 it was a bad hire. While i knew it was a mistake to hire him, my approach in discussing this was poor. I am ready to turn the page on his disastrous tenure and get our team back.
I'll be clear too .... I have never seen you take heat for your opinion of Rivera unless you mean dean and of course I don't see that. Secondly you invite it by arguing with him if that is what you mean. I have said this to you before so will say it again. Not everyone is going to agree with your opinion but that doesn't mean they are attacking you.

Anyhow, my comment was part in gest and part serious. Reading the same thing over and over gets old. Normally when I see it is you and dean or dad and dean I just ignore .... actually anyone and dean. Wash rinse repeat. In the 10+ years I have been here I have never seen anyone sway deans opinion and I quit reading his posts long time ago.

I am just waiting until the new group rebuilds and you don't like their guys. :pound:All in good fun.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be clear too .... I have never seen you take heat for your opinion of Rivera unless you mean dean and of course I don't see that. Secondly you invite it by arguing with him if that is what you mean. I have said this to you before so will say it again. Not everyone is going to agree with your opinion but that doesn't mean they are attacking you.

Anyhow, my comment was part in gest and part serious. Reading the same thing over and over gets old. Normally when I see it is you and dean or dad and dean I just ignore .... actually anyone and dean. Wash rinse repeat. In the 10+ years I have been here I have never seen anyone sway deans opinion and I quit reading his posts long time ago.

I am just waiting until the new group rebuilds and you don't like their guys. :pound:All in good fun.
As long as they do what I want...I won't complain...lol

I am overly anxious for the new GM and excited for the direction they want to go in all honesty.

It will be refreshing to have faith in the front office. Synder robbed us of that faith when he crowned himself dictator of the team. I am not sure any other nfl fans have empathy for us because they have no clue what we have been through.

I firmly believe harris and group have a target or targets and will go after this person with everything they got and give them the keys to the car.

I think we will use this GM or president as a reference moving forward. We will talk about the Gibbs years, the snyder years, and now...the x years. Good things to come!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as they do what I want...I won't complain...lol

I am overly anxious for the new GM and excited for the direction they want to go in all honesty.

It will be refreshing to have faith in the front office. Synder robbed us of that faith when he crowned himself dictator of the team. I am not sure any other nfl fans have empathy for us because they have no clue what we have been through.

I firmly believe harris and group have a target or targets and will go after this person with everything they got and give them the keys to the car.

I think we will use this GM or president as a reference moving forward. We will talk about the Gibbs years, the snyder years, and now...the x years. Good things to come!
I am looking forward to the end of the season and seeing what the Harris group decides to do. They have a pass with me for now.

I have been a Redskin fan for 60 years. I saw a team that was loved in the 60s but not very good. We had hope for one year with Lombardi. I couple of years later George Allen turned the team around and a couple of years after that was St. Joe Gibbs. It has been 30 years of disappointment since. I hope it gets better.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am looking forward to the end of the season and seeing what the Harris group decides to do. They have a pass with me for now.

I have been a Redskin fan for 60 years. I saw a team that was loved in the 60s but not very good. We had hope for one year with Lombardi. I couple of years later George Allen turned the team around and a couple of years after that was St. Joe Gibbs. It has been 30 years of disappointment since. I hope it gets better.
Since it is Sunday, I will simply say

Amen!!!