• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Kraken Jokes in Seattle

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would very much welcome a team in Seattle

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As would I (sister-in-law in Renton just south of Seattle, hop on the Victoria Clipper for a weekend game, visit family, it's all good).

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As would I (sister-in-law in Renton just south of Seattle, hop on the Victoria Clipper for a weekend game, visit family, it's all good).

still dont know if it will all work in that market but put me down as a +3

(sister and brother in law living and working in downtown Seattle)

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can u imagine an NBA/NHL game, Sounders game and Mariners game ... all on the same day!!!

mindblowing!!! ... something would have to give

I still worry about the care level for NHL ... unlike when the NBA took the Grizzlies away from Vancouver ... Seattle Sonics fans have wanted to get their or a team back since it left ... they have groups that have been banging the drum ever since they left for OKC ... theyve had fundraising games featuring former Sonics and alot of those former Sonics were involved with various groups looking at getting a team back or building a new arena

they definitely want their NBA back ... do they want NHL ???

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prospective Seattle #NHL owner Don Levin (AHL Chicago Wolves owner) just told me "If they get this done, I'm definitely interested in being part of it." #seattlearena

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prospective Seattle #NHL owner Don Levin (AHL Chicago Wolves owner) just told me "If they get this done, I'm definitely interested in being part of it." #seattlearena

and this is good news because it turns out Chris Hansen doesnt want to own an NHL team :L

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where would the Yotes play while the new arena in Seattle is being built?

Key Arena is horrible ... they are doing some feasibility study on the Tacoma Dome ... Quebec City probably has an equal shot at the Coyotes if they are moving after this season

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesnt sound to promising from a hockey perspective ... everybody down there is gung ho about their sonics returning ... NHL is an afterthought ... seems like more people in Vancouver BC area are excited about the propects of NHL in seattle than the people of seattle are

@dshoalts: NHL owner in Seattle will be a tenant. A tenant expected to pay big-time rent. Ask Newark how that's working out.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key Arena is horrible ... they are doing some feasibility study on the Tacoma Dome ... Quebec City probably has an equal shot at the Coyotes if they are moving after this season

I've heard the idea of playing some games in Everett as well. Arena holds roughly 9,000 right now no idea if they can up the capacity any. Wouldn't be feasible for any sustained length of time although 9,000 isn't much smaller than a lot of Coyote crowds. Tacoma Dome very well may be sufficient in the meantime though. IIRC it can hold around 17,000.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on that note ...

Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn & Arena investor Chris Hansen will make an announcement regarding Arena proposal today.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt see it posted so ... (its a couple days old)

the mariners arent making things easy ... president wrote a letter to seattle mayor opposing a new arena in sodo district due to "traffic concerns" :L

Mariners Blog | Mariners actions regarding arena proposal make you wonder what their long-term vision truly is | Seattle Times Newspaper

LOL you're such a fucking moron Lincoln. You ran the Mariners into the fucking ground and now you're worried because you know that bringing in an NBA and NHL team are probably going to put the M's into the red. Here's the trick Lincoln, if you want the M's to make money RESIGN so the M's can get someone in the FO who knows what they hell they're doing. What a jackass.

I would hope that mayor McGinn has been around Seattle long enough to know that when Lincoln suggests that you do something, it's in the best interest of everyone to do the exact opposite.

Edit: Also on the bright side, everything I've read/heard makes it sound like this arena is gonna happen. It's pretty exciting.

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL you're such a fucking moron Lincoln. You ran the Mariners into the fucking ground and now you're worried because you know that bringing in an NBA and NHL team are probably going to put the M's into the red. Here's the trick Lincoln, if you want the M's to make money RESIGN so the M's can get someone in the FO who knows what they hell they're doing. What a jackass.

I would hope that mayor McGinn has been around Seattle long enough to know that when Lincoln suggests that you do something, it's in the best interest of everyone to do the exact opposite.

i heard a soundbite of him on KJR saying ... the only complaints they get from Mariner fans is concerning the traffic lmao ... yah no one complains about the shitty product theyve been foisting on the fans for the past 3+ years ... its all about the traffic lol

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my bad it was M's president Chuck Armstrong and his exact words were ... "The biggest complaint we get from our fans is its hard to get here."

lol surrrrrre it is

also:

I don't know anything about hockey but it might be fun to have a hockey team here, too. We really don't see that as competition." :music:

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my bad it was M's president Chuck Armstrong and his exact words were ... "The biggest complaint we get from our fans is its hard to get here."

lol surrrrrre it is

also:

I don't know anything about hockey but it might be fun to have a hockey team here, too. We really don't see that as competition." :music:

I wonder if he'd still be saying that when the NHL team outdraws the Mariners in half the games. Plus there's a chance an NHL team could see some playoff games as well, which is something Armstrong knows nothing about.

I'd love to strand Lincoln and Armstrong on an unknown desert island.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As-mFuGCIAAxc21.jpg

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a little more today
Early plans for an Eastside arena are focused on luring an NHL team to Bellevue

I pictured an arena propped up at one end with a stick, with a hockey puck under it, and a bunch of guys in hockey pads cautiously approaching it while looking around for danger.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we know where Patrick Kane will be when the Hawks come to Seattle to play the Metropolitans :heh: