• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DPVl8S2U8AEodrV.jpg:small

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Hall is pretty happy to be out of Edmonton (just like the rest of us who are lucky enough to just be visiting the place).

Also, nice dig at Spector by Taylor...

"I read that Spector called Jordan 'mentally weak.' ... It's the same as blocking someone on Twitter: No one wants to read crappy stuff about yourself. You want to be blind to it," Hall said.

Hall is right on the money as Spector routinely blocks people on Twitter who criticize him.

Hall: Edmonton's negative media affects players

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they just talked about spector in the cesspool ... can a guy make it to the NHL being "mentally weak" ?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Hall is pretty happy to be out of Edmonton (just like the rest of us who are lucky enough to just be visiting the place).

Also, nice dig at Spector by Taylor...

"I read that Spector called Jordan 'mentally weak.' ... It's the same as blocking someone on Twitter: No one wants to read crappy stuff about yourself. You want to be blind to it," Hall said.

Hall is right on the money as Spector routinely blocks people on Twitter who criticize him.

Hall: Edmonton's negative media affects players

I am expecting RNH to have a similar resurgence here in Columbus soon.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan for Ryan, eh? I have a feeling the Oil would be looking for some additions to the Jackets package.
I like Ryan Murray but I don't think I would give up much more than a depth piece and a non-first round pick for him at this point.

Of course, he's outscoring Adam Larsson right now so...

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Ryan Murray but I don't think I would give up much more than a depth piece and a non-first round pick for him at this point.

Of course, he's outscoring Adam Larsson right now so...

And it's the Oil. So who can predict what they will do?

Realistically, I would part with Murray (or praise the lord - Johnson) and a young roster forward like maybe Milano or Sedlak. I wouldn't go much more than that. And if the don't want it, so be it.

But now that Savard has played himself into the doghouse maybe he changes things. Savvy enough for Nuge 1:1?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's the Oil. So who can predict what they will do?

Realistically, I would part with Murray (or praise the lord - Johnson) and a young roster forward like maybe Milano or Sedlak. I wouldn't go much more than that. And if the don't want it, so be it.

But now that Savard has played himself into the doghouse maybe he changes things. Savvy enough for Nuge 1:1?
I think they're holding onto a belief that because RNH is a centre he has more value than Hall did and therefore should get a prime top 4 d-man in return. I honestly think Edmonton's problem is Chia has made so fucking many bad deals that teams just don't want to be the ones to do a trade they might lose with him and would rather wait it out until he does something dumb again.

Savard's been mentioned in Leaf rumours. I like him and think there’s a fit but given that he’s in the doghouse I’ll bet any offers for him wouldn’t be lining up with what Columbus would want back for him.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they're holding onto a belief that because RNH is a centre he has more value than Hall did and therefore should get a prime top 4 d-man in return. I honestly think Edmonton's problem is Chia has made so fucking many bad deals that teams just don't want to be the ones to do a trade they might lose with him and would rather wait it out until he does something dumb again.

Savard's been mentioned in Leaf rumours. I like him and think there’s a fit but given that he’s in the doghouse I’ll bet any offers for him wouldn’t be lining up with what Columbus would want back for him.

Murray is that top 4 guy, but he's just overshadowed by the two horses the Jackets have ahead of him. Not as obvious to people who aren't watching him every night. Kid is good, and he's playing with an edge more now. I'd wager he could be a top pair guy on about half the teams in the league.

I am honestly curious what Savard could return. I think he's solid, and he has been Johnson's defensive conscience for four years now. Savvy should excel not having to cover for him, and the Jackets will really miss him because they don't have anyone else to cover for Johnson. Unless they can flip him to home for Weber or something. Extremely unlikely. Bergie would get hanged, even if Savard is a local and part of a royal family up there.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caption time:

WEUB3_FQL35_GIHAFZWTQKIQYESA.jpg

"I don't need all my fingers to count our wins this season"

Last edited:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray is that top 4 guy, but he's just overshadowed by the two horses the Jackets have ahead of him. Not as obvious to people who aren't watching him every night. Kid is good, and he's playing with an edge more now. I'd wager he could be a top pair guy on about half the teams in the league.

I am honestly curious what Savard could return. I think he's solid, and he has been Johnson's defensive conscience for four years now. Savvy should excel not having to cover for him, and the Jackets will really miss him because they don't have anyone else to cover for Johnson. Unless they can flip him to home for Weber or something. Extremely unlikely. Bergie would get hanged, even if Savard is a local and part of a royal family up there.
Don't disagree re: Murray but I think you'd agree he's never likely to become a regular 30-40 pt scorer. Most of what we consider to be among the "elite" top 4 guys can produce in that range.

If Savard did come to Toronto he'd have to do the same for Jake Gardiner but I guess it would be an easier task.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't disagree re: Murray but I think you'd agree he's never likely to become a regular 30-40 pt scorer. Most of what we consider to be among the "elite" top 4 guys can produce in that range.

If Savard did come to Toronto he'd have to do the same for Jake Gardiner but I guess it would be an easier task.

If Murray is playing anywhere else, he gets 5-7 more minutes a game. And his first pass is usually sharp. Playing with McJesus will probably get him 30 points just by default.

I am a huge Murray fan, and think he is immensely underrated.

I am 50/50 on Savard.

I want Johnson gone.