• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a small smattering of the highlights from the first period of CBJ vs EDM:

1) Mathieu Olivier has covered the first two legs of the Gordie Howe Hatty with a goal and a scripted fight.

2) Best Nylander has scored his fifth goal this week.

3) Voronkov now has the same number of goals as that Bedard kid.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always interesting how much the refs make decisions to help the Oilers.

Kane skated by the Jackets bench and speared Cole Sillinger who was on the bench. Ref right there, nothing. Should have been an ejection. A few minutes later, Perry was down on the ice and holding someone's stick who was trying to get the puck that was under him. Rink side mic clearly picked up the ref yelling "Stop holding the stick Corey". He didn't stop. No call. I am sure the ref will say "I didn't see it".

Then, wonder of wonders, there was a scrum. Danforth was down and he got speared. When Meathead Olivier came to make the dude answer for the spear the Oilers came out with a power play. Then, again wonder of wonders, Jenner got a stick within 3 feet of Pissy's hands. Suddenly its a 5 on 3.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always interesting how much the refs make decisions to help the Oilers.

Kane skated by the Jackets bench and speared Cole Sillinger who was on the bench. Ref right there, nothing. Should have been an ejection. A few minutes later, Perry was down on the ice and holding someone's stick who was trying to get the puck that was under him. Rink side mic clearly picked up the ref yelling "Stop holding the stick Corey". He didn't stop. No call. I am sure the ref will say "I didn't see it".

Then, wonder of wonders, there was a scrum. Danforth was down and he got speared. When Meathead Olivier came to make the dude answer for the spear the Oilers came out with a power play. Then, again wonder of wonders, Jenner got a stick within 3 feet of Pissy's hands. Suddenly its a 5 on 3.

I swear, I didn't write the above to @forty_three in a private message and ask him to post it for me :D

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jackets have gone so far off the rails that they are starting to torpedo the Cleveland Monsters' playoff push.

Kuraly ran into Danforth and Danforth got a concussion. Trey Fix-Wolansky, Monsters top scorer called up.
Traded Roslovic, Third leading scorer Brendan Gaunce called up.
Marchenko got the flu, Fourth in scoring Carson Meyer called up. Marchenko's okay, but now Kuraly blew out his groin. Meyer's staying.
Chinakhov might also have a concussion, so that's why 6th in scoring, Pyythia is up now.

Also, Kent Johnson and Adam Fantilli, due to injuries, will not be able to join them as initially planned. They may get Gavin Brindley soon, and hopefully Denton Mateychuk in Cleveland.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been jokingly calling him dumbass because of the scene in Shawshank where the guy can't pronounce Dumais.

He might just be a Dumbass though. Word is this is because of a DUI

Elvis, however, is no dumbass.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid's havin' a year

Current Blue Jackets who did not win this award:
Werenski
Kent Johnson
Fantilli

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Johnny was rightfully a bit hot under the collar at the end of the game last night. First he got hooked and prevented a shot and then he was interfered with and unable to get to the puck carrier on the winning goal.

Got a misconduct for calling the ref a "Fucking Moron"

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, you can't be surprised right @forty_three ? Officials are held to no accountability in this league, heck we have former refs (cough cough Tim Peel) that are on record saying that they were looking to make calls against certain teams.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, you can't be surprised right @forty_three ? Officials are held to no accountability in this league, heck we have former refs (cough cough Tim Peel) that are on record saying that they were looking to make calls against certain teams.
Not surprised, but it's still annoying. The funny thing is the Wings fans were chanting "Refs you suck" all game only to be gifted that in OT.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised, but it's still annoying. The funny thing is the Wings fans were chanting "Refs you suck" all game only to be gifted that in OT.

I love the "Well we don't want to call a penalty to affect the game" narrative when "Not calling a penalty" can equally impact the outcome of a game.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the "Well we don't want to call a penalty to affect the game" narrative when "Not calling a penalty" can equally impact the outcome of a game.
as you said

not calling a deserved penalty LITERALLY affects a game lol

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

Man, gotta love the honesty if nothing else. Also, how do you bring back the current coach after that scathing rebuke?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Olivier speaks the truth and now Portzline writes a strong long form piece on why things have sucked for so long.

It's a world gone mad.

Still think history will show hiring Torts over giving Bednar a chance will be one of the biggest L's in club history. Maybe on par with picking Brule over Kopitar.

Although, perhaps Torts gets an interview to come back?

There is some podcast that interviewed Rick Nash and he said Davidson has told all internal GM candidates that they will not get an interview. That's Nash, Basil McRae and (You would assume) Chris Clark. Maybe others. Davidson is going outside the org and someone who has held the role before. I am thinking Gorton is the top candidate.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3