• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE out of Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Benning is catching shit for the public’s unrealistic expectations. He was scoring at a better per-game clip at the deadline last year (although he had slowed down quite a bit into February) and he was flipped for a draft bust and a conditional 3rd that I’m guessing didn’t convert because the Panthers missed the playoffs. So here he is a year older, having failed as a rental as recently as 12 months ago, and suddenly his worth is supposed to have changed?

Maybe he could’ve gotten a 5th rounder or something later but I don’t think there was any way in hell he was ever going to get something anybody actually wanted here. It seems like there's just disappointment that the players that came back are junk.

no chance lol ... people just wanted draft picks ... fans wanted a lottery ticket (not a lottery pick) instead of additional contracts that will probably bust ... bob mac was just in the cesspool saying he thought going in to the deadline the canucks could get a draft pick (if not 2 for Vanek - his words)

what people are pissed with is Benning telegraphed that he would be making "hockey trades" ... thus ensuring no one was going to offer him a draft pick ... and they have the gall after the fact to say no draft picks were offered when that seems to be all that was being moved yesterday

Last edited:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yet again ... heres another case of Benning adding a sweetener to a deal ... why the fuck does he accept taking the Jokinen contract ??? lol his negotiation skills dont be up to snuff

i think if you saw Motte and a 6th or 7th rounder come this way for Vanek and Jokinen people here would have been ... "well alright ... no one wanted Vanek in the summer anyways"

is that unrealistic expectations??? lmao

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no chance lol ... people just wanted draft picks ... fans wanted a lottery ticket (not a lottery pick) instead of additional contracts that will probably bust ... bob mac was just in the cesspool saying he thought going in to the deadline the canucks could get a draft pick (if not 2 for Vanek - his words)

what people are pissed with is Benning telegraphed that he would be making "hockey trades" ... thus ensuring no one was going to offer him a draft pick ... and they have the gall after the fact to say no draft picks were offered when that seems to be all that was being moved yesterday

scratch the bold part I missheard that ... not his words lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why? If Ken Holland couldn't get more than Dylan McGrath why on earth would Vanek be worth something more valuable 12 months later? I'm just not seeing the reasoning here. If anyone wanted Vanek they had 2 months in the summer to get him for a pittance. Nobody called until the Canucks did on Sept. 1.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why? If Ken Holland couldn't get more than Dylan McGrath why on earth would Vanek be worth something more valuable 12 months later? I'm just not seeing the reasoning here. If anyone wanted Vanek they had 2 months in the summer to get him for a pittance. Nobody called until the Canucks did on Sept. 1.

Detroit got the 3rd as well ... 71st pick overall

The Florida Panthers' third-round pick went to the Detroit Red Wings as the result of a trade on March 1, 2017, that sent Thomas Vanek to Florida in exchange for Dylan McIlrath and this pick (being conditional at the time of the trade).[45] The condition – Detroit will receive a third-round pick in 2017 if Florida fails to qualify for the 2017 Stanley Cup playoffs[45] – was converted on March 30, 2017

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit got the 3rd as well ... 71st pick overall

The Florida Panthers' third-round pick went to the Detroit Red Wings as the result of a trade on March 1, 2017, that sent Thomas Vanek to Florida in exchange for Dylan McIlrath and this pick (being conditional at the time of the trade).[45] The condition – Detroit will receive a third-round pick in 2017 if Florida fails to qualify for the 2017 Stanley Cup playoffs[45] – was converted on March 30, 2017
Lol the condition was if they missed the playoffs?! Was it a 2nd if they made it?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like some unrealistic expectations to me :yo:
It's really weird, I can't find anything on how that conditional pick worked (ie: what happened if FLA made the playoffs). Can't find any article saying it would've been bumped up.

Anyway, there are only so many Dale Tallon's in the world to swindle I guess. You guys are unfortunate that Chiarelli was selling yesterday lol

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really weird, I can't find anything on how that conditional pick worked (ie: what happened if FLA made the playoffs). Can't find any article saying it would've been bumped up.

Anyway, there are only so many Dale Tallon's in the world to swindle I guess. You guys are unfortunate that Chiarelli was selling yesterday lol

I think that was still tom rowe in charge who made that deal. I had a fax machine joke in the tray ready to send :thumb:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Benning and Linden are saying the negativity in the media is actually affecting the team.... Holy shit they will be gone this time next year. No clue

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Benning and Linden are saying the negativity in the media is actually affecting the team.... Holy shit they will be gone this time next year. No clue

Friedman just gave tsn1040 and botchford free advertising lmao

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So begins the radio wars part deux. Although the local radio will tear Benning and Linden a new one... They taint Burke

is it a war though? ... and only one local radio station is going to be tearing them a new one lol

I find it funny that the team complains about local media when they essentially helped double the coverage by moving their radio rights to sportsnet and that move created a new local radio station ... that being said ... they created a new "house radio" voice to get their message out there

what network could that be ???? :think:

very good soldier lol good at helping to deflect lol

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great open to Brough / Halford ... played a clip of Friedman saying "the way things are going ... its just so edgy and nasty there every day ... that affects the way things get done there"

they then play the Panthers call of the Jared McCann gwg from last night "smoke em if you got em"

lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.