• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE out of Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laurence Gilman was very good in the cesspool this morning ... lots of good insight into his time with the canucks and whats going on now

Sekeres made mention that there may be some news coming soon whereby cesspool listeners will hear alot more of Gilman

/i have it on good authority :spy:, certain elements is the current canucks organization dont like hearing Gilly on air talking canucks ... good thing the radio broadcast rights are going to rogers lol

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Gaunce signed to a 2 year deal (1 way) $750k per

Mr Horvat, you are on deck

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laurence Gilman was very good in the cesspool this morning ... lots of good insight into his time with the canucks and whats going on now

Sekeres made mention that there may be some news coming soon whereby cesspool listeners will hear alot more of Gilman

/i have it on good authority :spy:, certain elements is the current canucks organization dont like hearing Gilly on air talking canucks ... good thing the radio broadcast rights are going to rogers lol

I missed it, what was his main points and what's going on in Canuck management land?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed it, what was his main points and what's going on in Canuck management land?

He broke down how hard the Sedin negotiations were last time around behind the scenes. Also broke down what the Canucks would or should be considering in Bo Horvat negotiations. Another thing i remember was he went on about how he and Gillis were always at odds about asking guys to waive no trades. It was a good discussion. Its probably on tsns website if you want to give it a listen

heres how pitb saw parts of it

Former Canucks assistant general manager Laurence Gilman made an appearance on TSN 1040 on Wednesday, taking questions from Canucks fans. He also talked extensively about Bo Horvat, revealing a few interesting nuggets of information.

One thing he said is that the Canucks knew they wanted Bo Horvat all along at the draft. “We knew were taking Horvat,” he said. “In fact, we were negotiating with teams that were higher than New Jersey.”

He did say that they didn’t have Horvat at the top of their draft list, specifically mentioning Aleksander Barkov, who has been outstanding for the Panthers, but it’s clear that they were far higher on Horvat that we even realized at the time. They anticipated him becoming a top two-way player.

“Our position on Bo at the time was that we felt he was going to be a player cut in the same mold as a Patrice Bergeron or a Jonathan Toews without the prolific offensive upside,” he said. “What I don’t think we anticipated was that he would be a 20-goal, 50-point player in his third professional season.”

“He’s ahead of the developmental curve that we saw at the time,” he added, “but he has been everything else that we anticipated he would be in terms of the two-way player that he is, the type of individual, high-character.”

Except that not all of that is true. They were expecting him to be a shutdown second-line centre, but it’s fascinating to see that the offence has come faster than expected, but the defensive side hasn’t at all. He’s not the two-way centre they anticipated. At least, not yet.

He also touched on Horvat’s ongoing contract negotiations: “If I’m representing him, it doesn’t start anywhere less than 5 (million).”

One other note: he suggests that he and Mike Gillis were too slow to make changes to their scouting department. “If I were to go back, I think we might have waited too long to put Eric Crawford in charge.”

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess they axed Jon Abbott, then?

/Didn't click on the link.

Abbott didnt move to sportsnet and/or sportsnet didnt want him

from Abbs:

DHKfK7mVoAQazCU.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were they selling that shirt at the concert or did the dude create it on his own? lol

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @jstewismybastardson, were you just listening to John Daly on the cesspool? After surgery, drink 5 gallons of vitamin D milk a day, you don't need painkillers.

Status
Not open for further replies.