• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comed's Playoff Preview!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s that time of year again! The NHL Playoffs are set to begin in a few days. Now that we know the matchups we can look ahead. Here are some interesting things to look out for.

Key Matchups!

Storylines!

Human interest stories!

OT! (no shoot outs in the playoffs)

Whoa, tons of stuff and we have covered a lot. I hope you have enjoyed my playoff preview. Enjoy the playoffs.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as a bonus for your Habs all this without having to listen to this dipshit.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
love your red turban comeds

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about starting a thread with predictions, but right now all I can come up with is digs about Alexdirtbag Ovechcheat hitting people late.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news! Since @esls79 offered to pay part of my electric bill so I could afford to fire up the ORM© (through WooCommerce) I decided to see if it still worked. It does. Kind of. Even though I am inputting the data correctly (an argument I have with my wife all the time – but trust me, I am doing it right) the ORM© seems confused. So while there may be a few oddities I think the predictions are accurate.

Boston – Ottawa

The prodigal son returns home. For the first time Chara returns to Ottawa (my edit: no) to play against his former team. Coach Julien has his team ready to play but so does Coach Boucher with his exciting up tempo style. This one is going 7 folks with the Bruins coming out on top on a Marchand goal. Afterwards, noting how the Ottawa fans began to cheer him as he won them over with his tough play, Marchand says if they can all get along; than perhaps the US and Russia can get along.

Columbus – Pittsburgh

Crosby vs Bjorkstrand. On paper it does not sound close (my edit: it does) but these games are not played on paper. Adam Foote is past his prime and cannot keep up with the speedy Penguins forwards. The Blue Jackets will be cannon fodder (my edit: good one) for the Penguins. Penguins in 5.

New York – Montreal

This one is close on paper until much like Dan Kreider - Steve Ott accidentally skates into Henrik. Still the Canadiens, despite Saku Koivu’s best efforts (my edit: ummm), cannot score so look for the Rangers to win in 7 with a maximum of three goals total in any game.

Toronto – Washington

This is the battle between two nation’s capitals and it should be a good one. Key matchup – TJ Oshie vs. Mats Sundin (my edit: hmm). Shattenkirk and Holtby will be the difference. Capitals in 5.

Nashville Vs Chicago

This is the battle between two nation’s capitals (my edit: no) and it should be a good one. Chicago, led by 48 year old Marian Hossa (one of the most underrated players of his era) will make easy work of the Predators. Chicago’s pizza is deeper than Nashville’s lineup (my edit: not nice). Chicago in 4.

Calgary Vs. Anaheim (sounds Nazi-ish)

This matchup pits the baldest player in the league, Ryan Getzlaf, vs the soon to be fattest player in the league, Matthew Tkachuk (my edit: perceptive), and boy howdy should it be a good one. Nasty and fast. Experience puts the Ducks ahead 4 games to 2.

St. Louis vs Minnesota

Good lord, this will be like watching paint dry. And not even good paint, some crappy dollar store buy that was probably a discontinued brand from K-Mart. One that no matter how hard you try it still cannot cover up the blood. It shows through like the guilt all over your face no matter how hard you try to hide it. The Wild in 5. (my edit: huh?)

San Jose vs Edmonton

The savior reaches the post-season for the first time. And it should be fun to watch. However it will be Joe Thornton’s rooster (my edit: I think he means penis) that makes an appearance as they win in 7. Martin Jones comes up big and when McDavid only scores 6 goals in his team’s loss – the media starts wondering if he will always be a playoff choker.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sadly, the bruins success rides on how well mcavoy plays with chara IMO. huge test for the kid in game 1. if he flounders and they lose game 1, the series is already over IMO. D is decimated right now...and it was already bad.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIRST ROUND
Caps over Maple Leafs
Penguins over Blue Jackets
Rangers over Canadiens
Bruins over Senators
Blackhawks over Predators