• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comcast/Xfinity eliminating NFL Network on starter tier

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Methinks Comcast/Xfinity cable TV just pissed-off a lot of NFL fans.

Check the back of your May invoice: effective July 1st, the NFL Network will be eliminated from the Digital Starter plan, and will only be available on the higher priced tier, Digital Preferred plan.

It's almost like Comcast/Xfinity is actually encouraging customers to cut the cord.

:gaah:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Methinks Comcast/Xfinity cable TV just pissed-off a lot of NFL fans.

Check the back of your May invoice: effective July 1st, the NFL Network will be eliminated from the Digital Starter plan, and will only be available on the higher priced tier, Digital Preferred plan.

It's almost like Comcast/Xfinity is actually encouraging customers to cut the cord.

:gaah:

I cut the cord last week and got my call from the retention department.

Comcast: well sir, why are you leaving us?

Me: We're just looking for cash leaks and cable TV is one of them...$2400+ a yr to watch TV is far too much and we found a streaming option that will save us 50% of your annual cost the 1st yr.

Comcast: We have lower cost TV options, have you explored those?

Me: Yes, I watch NFL football and golf if I drop down to your basic tier, I lose the two channels I watch the most during the week.

Comcast: If I can interest you in our Internet 150, you can get our Xfinity stream app for free.

Me: Thanks for that info, I will consider that in 12 mos...enjoy your day, click.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit that it was nice to see on the plan.

The Superbowl replays are very nice and so are game replays too but after that theres a ton of filler. NOT a Deion Sanders fan

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I have a low tier plan.... Moved to Quincy... Couldn't pass up the price......

Turns out I am the idiot...

NO:
TNT
FX
TBS
ESPN
FYI
Fox Sports
NFL Network
and the worst part (which I had no idea until it was installed) - NO HD!

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck cable. I can live stream absolutely any sporting event I want online. Sports are the only thing I watch on TV anyway, and I would be happy to pay for it, but cable companies make you pay for a fuckton of other shit you don't want.

If I went to a store for some bread, and the only way I could get it was to also buy kale, vanilla extract, a pineapple, a frozen pizza, popsicles, a twelve pack of Sprite and 7 boxes of macaroni, I would stop going to that store. If ALL stores did that, I would fucking steal the bread.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had NFL Sunday Ticket up until last year when it was removed in favor of DAZN. We got a bunch of new channels that show NFL games on Sunday afternoon but you couldn't see them all like you could with Sunday Ticket. Missed a good many Colts games last yr. as a result.