• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colts Owner Dances on Wentz's Grave

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, he didn't have to say all this. Did Wentz take away Irsay's crack pipe or something?

Irsay: Wentz had issues with leadership​

Not only did Wentz not carry the Colts through Jacksonville, he apparently also failed at showing leadership in the clubhouse, which Irsay discovered after speaking to several players.

“In having conversations with trusted veterans on the team, so to speak, when you speak to them in confidence, oftentimes they share really, what’s happening,” Irsay said. “What I found out was very concerning.”
And there's more. Irsay also mentioned that Wentz wouldn't change his playing style despite head coach Frank Reich and the coaching staff directing him to.

“You can’t always persuade people to do things differently if they don’t want to do them differently,” Irsay said. “You’re always trying to look at, in all areas of your team, where the coaches can come in and enhance and lift up a situation and make things better, but in the end, players are out there playing the game, and they’re going to play their game.”

But hey, I am sure Washington will get a different Carson Wentz than the one we saw in Indy and Philly right? They have such a good track record of getting the most out of questionable characters!

albert-haynesworth-jersey-e1280929274328.jpg

T1PU.gif

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irsay is a douche. Most people are aware of this. But he is right about Wentz. The Colts had to get rid of him. And if Wentz was that bad in a locker room full of guys that are solid and stable, how bad will things be in Washington. I think this is the last chance for Wentz. He's looking at holding a clip board or maybe even unemployed if things go bad in 2022.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irsay is a douche. Most people are aware of this. But he is right about Wentz. The Colts had to get rid of him. And if Wentz was that bad in a locker room full of guys that are solid and stable, how bad will things be in Washington. I think this is the last chance for Wentz. He's looking at holding a clip board or maybe even unemployed if things go bad in 2022.

Wentz will retire before becoming a career backup. So my guess is he will be out of the league by next season.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if I was trying to Trevor Lawrence mad, what I would do is act like my team was super awesome and totally invalidate the fact that the Jaguars most meaningful win of the season was actually all Wentz' fault and he is gone now so the Colts are ready to continue being way better than the Jaguars.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for Irsay to hang another another "Participation" banner.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I would say Feb 4, 2018. The day Nick Foles ripped out Wentz's heart holding up the trophy.

His knee injury ended him.....never was the same, took away a big part of his game......

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for Irsay to hang another another "Participation" banner.

Remember back in '14 when Colts owner Jim Irsay was arrested?

He had more than $29,000 in cash in a briefcase and laundry bag in his vehicle. And he had a bunch of pills on him that he couldn't provide prescriptions for.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His knee injury ended him.....never was the same, took away a big part of his game......
Honestly, I don't think Carson's problems are physical. He is still plenty mobile when needed and I think his knee is fine now. He had the back issues supposedly in 2018 too which some suggested were partly due to his knee not 100% rehabbed. Who knows but his major issues lie between the ears, imo.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't think Carson's problems are physical. He is still plenty mobile when needed and I think his knee is fine now. He had the back issues supposedly in 2018 too which some suggested were partly due to his knee not 100% rehabbed. Who knows but his major issues lie between the ears, imo.

Agree, but he looked gun shy after the injury, always tentative and less aggressive......

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO what happened with Wentz is that he started to believe his own hype. He was the MVP, the reason Philly won the Super Bowl, etc. Thus he wasn't going to listen to coaches anymore, he was going to sling it his way. Well, now he is on his third team in three years, so maybe he should rethink that. But he won't.

I saw a funny tweet by a Colts fan that said Commanders fans are in the early "stages of Wentz." This person recognized the pattern, because Philly fans warned Colts fans, but they got excited anyway. We can all watch with some popcorn as Washington goes through all the "stages of Wentz" this season before Carson retires to a life of killing small fowl in North Dakota.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, but he looked gun shy after the injury, always tentative and less aggressive......
Maybe a little of that too but he does some unbelievably stupid things. I've always believed that the great QBs have it between the ears. All the physical gifts and athleticism in the world won't overcome stupid.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irsay did something ridiculous? No way.

0487F873-FC54-4A42-98AB-9DAC783FD51F.jpeg