• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Colorado Avalanche at Los Angeles Kings 11/23/13 | 10:30pm

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm blaming Cobie and the fucking 10:30pm starts. Get a clue

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be a jinx. We gonna have to let you go. :mad:

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Scrivens was great, the offense was just awful

Especially the power play or more accurately the powerless play. That 4-minute pp they had not only didn't create a goal but it didn't even create any offensive momentum. The Kings definitely had trouble with the faster, better skating Avalanche. Kept them on their heels a lot playing defense which held them back from creating a lot of offense. Looks to me like Roy has decided the best defense for his team is a lot of offense.

Ox

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised at all at the outcome. As for the LA PP, it would be nice to see them shoot a rebound right back at the net while everyone is scrambling instead of sending it back to the point allowing defenders and goalie to get back into position.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife said that Sutter's post game interview would be "you're not gonna win too many games if you dont score a goal"
I dont know if he said it but he should have

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the big issues I have with the power(less) play is how Doughty brings the puck up the ice. I'm the first to admit that I'm not an expert (or else I'd be getting paid for my opinion) but I think Doughty needs to attack with the puck a bit more, he looks confused bringing the puck out of the defensive zone. Sure have him set up at the point, or on the sidewall once they've established the offensive zone, but I think someone else should be bringing the puck up the ice, because I feel Doughty takes too long coming into the neutral zone, allowing the defending team to set up & clog the blueline.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point hist. They do seem to get the pp set up better when Kopitar or Richards brings the puck up the ice. My problem is that even when they do get the pp set up in the zone there is very little movement from the players without the puck. They can never seem to get the defense moving to open lanes to the goal or move the puck quick enough to make the goaltender move from side to side and open up part of the goal. Seems easy from my seat or armchair but no doubt is a lot more difficult than it looks.

Ox

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point hist. They do seem to get the pp set up better when Kopitar or Richards brings the puck up the ice. My problem is that even when they do get the pp set up in the zone there is very little movement from the players without the puck. They can never seem to get the defense moving to open lanes to the goal or move the puck quick enough to make the goaltender move from side to side and open up part of the goal. Seems easy from my seat or armchair but no doubt is a lot more difficult than it looks.

Ox

I think getting Jeff Carter back at some point soon will help the power play - they need that pure shooter, it opens things up for other players - some of these other guys are too unselfish/just flat out don't shoot the puck enough - with Jeff Carter in there he's aggressive and it opens up things for other guys

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just there needs to be more urgency getting up the ice and into the offensive zone. I agree with Ox in that the players without the puck need to stop standing around to create more lanes and weakside situations. I just feel that Doughty tends to twist & turn exiting the defensive zone that 1.) Eats up an extra few seconds on the PP, 2.) Allows the opposing team defending to settle into their defensive scheme, and 3.) Limits the amount of time & chances during a power play.