• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Collins

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people crying about collins being done for the season already.

My thinking is that the position will be between Carman, Ford, and Williams (if he doesn't hold out)
we're not in a position where we need to panic. Adenji isn't that bad either.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people crying about collins being done for the season already.

My thinking is that the position will be between Carman, Ford, and Williams (if he doesn't hold out)
we're not in a position where we need to panic. Adenji isn't that bad either.

100% agreed.

I would not be surprised if Collis is eventually waived with an injury settlement. I just don't see how he fits and is really any better than what the Bengals are likely going to have (he wasn't really great last year) and if they draft a guy in the first 2-3 rounds, you can all but kiss him goodbye.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Collins gave a lot of efforts last year. But, he also wasn't very good.... Just too limited in the passing game and this is a passing team. I don't think the team really has him in any of it's long-term plans. If a tackle slips to them in the first two rounds, I suspect they take them. I also think they give Jonah and Carman an opportunity to win the position for next year. If all else fails, they can go with Adenijii again.... And while he's not perfect, he's capable enough if the rest of the line is set. You just don't do things like assume he can block one of the best defensive linemen one-on-one with the game on the line on 3rd down.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Collins gave a lot of efforts last year. But, he also wasn't very good.... Just too limited in the passing game and this is a passing team. I don't think the team really has him in any of it's long-term plans. If a tackle slips to them in the first two rounds, I suspect they take them. I also think they give Jonah and Carman an opportunity to win the position for next year. If all else fails, they can go with Adenijii again.... And while he's not perfect, he's capable enough if the rest of the line is set. You just don't do things like assume he can block one of the best defensive linemen one-on-one with the game on the line on 3rd down.
Jonah has to get on board first...I don't see him being a Bengal next year...team won't tag him, and he's not staying at RT.... Honestly, if they could find a trade partner and get any pick from them...maybe even a conditional pick for next year....ship him, save the 12M, and use that in a big bonus payment towards Higgins, Burrow, or other for this years' cap.

I think they give Carmen every shot to show he's got what it takes - and by early accounts, he has come in prepared (at least physically).

I think you see Ford and Adeniji in that mix, but ultimately Adeniji ends up the swing OT, and Ford sticks at backup IOL - but both giving some flexibility to move up and down the line.

As for Collins....leaves him on the outside looking in. Early reports are he's ahead of schedule for rehab - and feels like he's much healthier this year because of the back issues he had last year - but that back as been creaky for a long time now...and at what point does it pop up again? I think he's your ace up the sleeve at this point if you don't land a guy in this years' draft, roll with the chances mentioned above - and if none of them "wow" you at RT, you have Collins...otherwise, I think he ends up getting cut.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll add this about Collins - We all know his back was still jacked starting last year...no doubt the time off and extra rehab will have helped him get to a better spot. They also don't have to rush him back...if he can show he's healthier than last year, then no doubt he's a solid insurance policy to keep around as the only true other Tackle in the mix other than Carmen....

Big if - but time off and, again, all the extra rehab is only a positive - assuming he can start at a healthier point than he did last year.....

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll add this about Collins - We all know his back was still jacked starting last year...no doubt the time off and extra rehab will have helped him get to a better spot. They also don't have to rush him back...if he can show he's healthier than last year, then no doubt he's a solid insurance policy to keep around as the only true other Tackle in the mix other than Carmen....

Big if - but time off and, again, all the extra rehab is only a positive - assuming he can start at a healthier point than he did last year.....
I think he would be an interesting insurance policy if one of the other options can't get the job done. As I mentioned in my other post, I think he put in a strong effort given his constraints.... I'm just not sure he'll ever be healthy again.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would be an interesting insurance policy if one of the other options can't get the job done. As I mentioned in my other post, I think he put in a strong effort given his constraints.... I'm just not sure he'll ever be healthy again.
Agreed on health...just don't see how he's ever really going to be at that tier again...