• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College football bows to the SEC again...

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds like a soultion that didn't have a problem. I'm confused ?!?? :noidea:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams who run hurry up offenses work within the rules if the game, now they are changing these rules to force a style of play in games.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it will pass.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban is crying about it b/c he can't stop these offenses. When a former Big 12 punching bag like Aggy is raping the ever living shit out of your defense, he's going to try and see if he can't put a stop to that. He really saw the writing on the wall after the Sugar Bowl this year when OU curbstomped the Tide. Saban is scared shitless b/c the days of the 3 yards and a cloud of dust offenses are disappearing in the SEC, which vastly overrated the myth of the SEC playing the best defense. It won't pass......

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always wondered about the substitution rules...can a player exit the field anywhere (except the opponents sideline)? Like could a WR run a deep route, and then just run out the back of the end zone while a sub runs in from the sideline and they snap the ball. Or do they have to exit on their own sideline, between certain markers?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always wondered about the substitution rules...can a player exit the field anywhere (except the opponents sideline)? Like could a WR run a deep route, and then just run out the back of the end zone while a sub runs in from the sideline and they snap the ball. Or do they have to exit on their own sideline, between certain markers?

I think you can exit anywhere as long as you are back between the regulated area before the next snap (not saying they call this consistently)....but if you do have any player run off then you have to give the other team time to sub.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you can exit anywhere as long as you are back between the regulated area before the next snap (not saying they call this consistently)....but if you do have any player run off then you have to give the other team time to sub.

Thanks, makes sense. I was thinking about a team having deeper WR corp than the defense has CB's. So on 1st down you send WR's deep just to run the CB's deep. They step out the back, two new WR's come on and do the same thing. Could be running plays but you have now just run the secondary 50+ yards downfield two plays in a row. On 3rd down you bring the original WR's in to again go deep and dare the defenders to keep up. If they give a cushion, throw underneath.

Seems very "Oregon-ish", up tempo and just running the defense into the fround.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, makes sense. I was thinking about a team having deeper WR corp than the defense has CB's. So on 1st down you send WR's deep just to run the CB's deep. They step out the back, two new WR's come on and do the same thing. Could be running plays but you have now just run the secondary 50+ yards downfield two plays in a row. On 3rd down you bring the original WR's in to again go deep and dare the defenders to keep up. If they give a cushion, throw underneath.

Seems very "Oregon-ish", up tempo and just running the defense into the fround.

I am sure someone has tried it along the way.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like your thinking here. I'm working on a set option play on a kickoff return, no sense wasting a chance to run some offense just because its a kickoff :idea:

jarringjev

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jerringjev

How about a counter proposal for the spread teams, propose a play ever 20 seconds and then work on a compromise with the slow pokes.

Jeighmonee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When subbing, players have to exit the field toward their own sideline, and be between the 25 and the 25 before the next snap of the ball. They can't exit through the back of the endzone.