• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Changes Aplenty

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard that Autry Denson to ND is likely a done deal. Also heard that we hired Keith Gilmore as DL coach. Gilmore had a pretty good resume of building talent and is also regarded as a good recruiter, but is also part of the Grand Valley St. tree. This move means that Elston is likely going to be shifted to LB's (which Van Gorder also coaches, so that dynamic is interesting-- and a pretty clear sign of a demotion for Elston). I heard Elliot might be moving on to a non-coaching role within the program.

IMO, ND made some good off-season coaching hires, particularly in light of losing Cooks and Alford. I like that there are former ND players on staff, especially ones with particularly good histories at the school (Denson the all-time leading rusher, Lyght on the last NC team). Both made it to the NFL and can sell the school in a way a lot of these coaches can't.

Assuming these guys get by the adminstration and all holds in place, we'll have some pretty good hires all around:

On offense: Sanford, Quinn, Denbrock, Denson, Booker?

On defense: Van Gorder, Gilmore, Elston, Lyght (anyone I'm missing?). I think ND would be well-served to split the DB coaching duties between CB's and safeties, which might necessitate bringing someone else in.