• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaches Poll Released

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SCAR lost to Tennessee. LOL.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn should be at least five in the BCS by now since Stanford lost.

They obviously factored in they shouldn't of won that game, and UGA isn't as good of a win as it sounds right now.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They obviously factored in they shouldn't of won that game, and UGA isn't as good of a win as it sounds right now.

Yeah, but they have to get auburn in the top 5 for the iron bowl!

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sparty should be ranked ahead of Stanford and South Carolina, and Wisconsin should be right behind MSU.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford dropped pretty far. pretty sure any sec team loses they don't drop out of top 10...also win over top 10 team should have vaulted usc higher than just 25

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford dropped pretty far. pretty sure any sec team loses they don't drop out of top 10...also win over top 10 team should have vaulted usc higher than just 25

So you want Stanford to not drop after losing to an unranked team, yet you also want the unranked team to be ranked higher than 25 because they beat a top-10 team... all the while complaining that SEC teams shouldn't get the same treatment.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want Stanford to not drop after losing to an unranked team, yet you also want the unranked team to be ranked higher than 25 because they beat a top-10 team... all the while complaining that SEC teams shouldn't get the same treatment.

My guess is that had they eked out a win against the Trojans, they'd not have dropped. But when you lose, you leave yourself at the mercy of the pollsters.

Bama had a let-down game too, but they didn't lose.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sparty should be ranked ahead of Stanford and South Carolina, and Wisconsin should be right behind MSU.

Not really. MSU has beaten NOBODY. Their only loss came outside their weak conference, losing to an average Notre Dame team. SCAR and Stanford have played much tougher schedules and Stanford has beaten a top 5 team. The media and voters have zero respect for the B1G this year, due to it being so weak.

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Stanford does have two loses. One to Utah. Personally, I don't believe any of the two loss teams should be top 10 right now.

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not really. MSU has beaten NOBODY. Their only loss came outside their weak conference, losing to an average Notre Dame team. SCAR and Stanford have played much tougher schedules and Stanford has beaten a top 5 team. The media and voters have zero respect for the B1G this year, due to it being so weak.

But Scar lost to Tennessee. That's worse than MSU losing to ND. Also lost to UGA and have looked weak against FL and a couple of others.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Scar lost to Tennessee. That's worse than MSU losing to ND. Also lost to UGA and have looked weak against FL and a couple of others.

You know, I agree about SCAR. MSU should be ranked over SCAR. I think SCAR was voted as the most overrated top 10 team on this board before the season began. The Cocks really have no business in the top 25 after losing to an awful Tennessee team.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no im saying it should be same treatment across the board...had this been bama losing they wouldn't drop but to maybe 5th. Stanford should drop but just to 8 or 9

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You know, I agree about SCAR. MSU should be ranked over SCAR. I think SCAR was voted as the most overrated top 10 team on this board before the season began. The Cocks really have no business in the top 25 after losing to an awful Tennessee team.

They should have lost last night. If FL could have put together any kind of passing attack Scar wouldn't have had a chance.
I'm also not sold on aTm. Who have they beat? They have no defense.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My opinion:
USC's loss to Georgia = Mich State's loss to Notre Dame
USC's loss to unranked Tennessee cancels out the win over Top 10 Missouri. Bummer.
Still, that leaves USC with a net win over ranked team UCF. MSU has no such win.
USC > MSU

2 of the country's 1-loss teams got that loss from USC. Yes, USC's margin of victory hasn't been good, but I don't see MSU having much of an argument to be ranked higher.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no im saying it should be same treatment across the board...had this been bama losing they wouldn't drop but to maybe 5th. Stanford should drop but just to 8 or 9

Stanford has two losses. Had Bama lost last night, they'd have one.

A two-loss team outside the Top 10 has no room for complaint, unless there are folks ranked above them also with two losses. Obviously, timing of those losses also plays a factor.

Last edited by a moderator:

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My opinion:
USC's loss to unranked Tennessee cancels out the win over Top 10 Missouri. Bummer.
Still, that leaves USC with a net win over ranked team UCF. MSU has no such win.
USC > MSU

2 of the country's 1-loss teams got that loss from USC. Yes, USC's margin of victory hasn't been good, but I don't see MSU having much of an argument to be ranked higher.

Valid argument. I just don't agree. The win over UCF doesn't impress me much after UCF went to the wire with powerhouse Temple.
I like the USC offense. You will miss Shaw. I don't like the play calling sometimes. Just not impressed with the D at all.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion:
USC > MSU

A 1 loss team should usually be ranked over a 2 loss unless those 2 losses were to high ranked teams. SCe lost to TN which should automatically move them below MSU.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 1 loss team should usually be ranked over a 2 loss unless those 2 losses were to high ranked teams. SCe lost to TN which should automatically move them below MSU.

I generally put more stock in having multiple quality wins. I think that proves more than the rare slip up reveals. Now, if the slip ups are multiple it's a different story. MSU just hasn't proven anything at the high level.

ida one

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
My guess is that had they eked out a win against the Trojans, they'd not have dropped. But when you lose, you leave yourself at the mercy of the pollsters.

Bama had a let-down game too, but they didn't lose.

If Bama would have lost that game they would probably drop 2 spots.
Stanford dropped a butt load.