• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CM Punk Tells His Side

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if anyone listens to Colt Cabanas podcast, The Art of Wrestling, besides me but it's a good and interesting podcast. I had forgotten about it until the other day when me and a buddy were talking about Punk. I looked bacm through some episodes to see which I wanted to listen to and I saw Punk did one fairly recently. I listened to it and it was 2 hours of him telling his side and it was a really good listen. I don't think most fans realize what all happened and what all he had t deal with. You should all def give it a listen.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard it. It was for sure interesting, but I'm not sure how much of it is true. In a business like that, you can't really tell who is telling the truth there but Punk made a ton of sense. He's been pretty bitter with them since he left, though. Twitter, this, a bunch of stuff. Figured he would have left it behind by now.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just caught a little of it. To me the tone was, I won the title, I should be able to write the story line for my title reign. We all know the real facts in the WWE are Vince decides who he allows to wear the belt, they need to follow the story line that Vince approves. I dont think any other performer thought they would be promoted to head writer and talent coordinator because they were given the belt.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a new one or the one he did over a year ago?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they were talking about the old one, thats the one I made it halfway thru before deciding that this guy really is a punk. It was clearly like, ok, I won the belt, when are we gonna have the meeting so I could tell them how this is gonna go.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To Punks credit he thought after winning the belt he'd be awarded creative and booking status similar how triple H and the rest of the Kliq weaseled their way to the top.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
First of all I was a huge Punk fan. He's one of a handful wrestlers with A level mic skills and A level in ring work.. Macho Man, Angle,and Flair are the other major ones off the top of my head since I became a fan in the late 80s..

Also there so much fan intrigue he NEEDED to tell his side of the story. People would have bothered him about it the rest of his life if he didn't share it. Also props for giving his friend publicity for his free podcast instead of taking money for a shoot video. He probably got some huge offers

With that said, as a fan, it was difficult for me to give his podcast too much credibility. He said he didn't quit but he was fired? He walked out on a job and didn't contact his employer for months. If he was able to say he got fired under those circumstances it makes you wonder what other distorted perceptions made there way into his version of what happened.

Anyway, he's got a beautiful wife, a ton of money and gets to live a dream training for the UFC. WWE went on like noting happened. It worked out for everyone.

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This interview came out around Thanksgiving of last year. I remember listening to it after eating a load of turkey and stuffing :nod:. There are a couple of things I took away from the podcast:
1. Everything pertaining to the staph infection. Why didn't WWE's doctors handle it? It makes sense since if you watched him during the last few months of his run he looked like crap. Very sickly.
2. The movie deal. Seems pretty shitty that HHH couldn't at least tell him they were going with Orton.
3. The title didn't seem that important to him. He just wanted a WM main event, not too much to ask for.
4. The FedEx letter at his wedding. That's just HHH being a huge dick.
Now, if there are any feelings on whether everything he said was true think about this. Both Vince McMahon and HHH were on Stone Cold's podcast AFTER the interview and CM PUNK was brought up. Niether one of them denied anything he said was true. Now there is the matter of the lawsuit that the one WWE doctor filed against Punk. It'll be interesting to see what happens with that.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to pick a real side because Punk was entertaining but he comes off as a dude who thinks his shit don't stink and thought he could run the show like in the indies or the C product of ECW. Whether he liked it or not Vince was his boss and intentionally clashing with him all the time isn't wise.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to pick a real side because Punk was entertaining but he comes off as a dude who thinks his shit don't stink and thought he could run the show like in the indies or the C product of ECW. Whether he liked it or not Vince was his boss and intentionally clashing with him all the time isn't wise.
Just because it isnt wise doesnt mean it didnt need to be done.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He admitted that. As soon as they gave him the title, he expected to be on the board of directors mapping his title reign. Thats about as good as a description I have heard, thinking his shit doesnt stink. I would think every so often even AJ's does.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my only real complaint with Punk. How he knew how good he was and expected everyone to bow to him in the Summer of 2011 and onward. Never liked that about him.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because it isnt wise doesnt mean it didnt need to be done.

Ya but just because it needs to be done and isn't a reason to act like a spoiled brat which is the way Punk makes it sound. Truthfully he comes off as a whiney bitch because he didn't get the same treatment HHH and the Kliq but fact is most the Kliq's ideas were shot when first approached but they always realized they were the employee not the employer...just my thoughts on his podcast.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya but just because it needs to be done and isn't a reason to act like a spoiled brat which is the way Punk makes it sound. Truthfully he comes off as a whiney bitch because he didn't get the same treatment HHH and the Kliq but fact is most the Kliq's ideas were shot when first approached but they always realized they were the employee not the employer...just my thoughts on his podcast.
I don't think he came off like that at all. I think he sounds like a guy who got fed up with crap working conditions. He stood up for guys who couldn't. He wanted one thing, something he had really really earned. WWE kept giving it to less deserving people. Then the staph infection. He was still willing to talk after he got back from his honeymoon but instead they send him a termination letter on his wedding day. That doesn't happen by accident.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally understand you're position and Punk's but with his attitude it is hard for me to have sympathy with any of it truthfully. I think the WWE would be alot better if Punk were still there I just think Punk goes about his business as his shit don't stink type attitude which can work just not a company like the WWE. He needed to take a lesson from the Kliq and manipulate instead of constantly being argumentative and negative...can't think of the word at the moment where you intentionally try to humilate your employer.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Punk will be back in the WWE soon enough...that UFC thing isn't gonna end well...

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Punk will be back in the WWE soon enough...that UFC thing isn't gonna end well...

Yup, pretend fighting is not the greatest preparation for real fighting.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, pretend fighting is not the greatest preparation for real fighting.
No its not. He a taken well over a year to get ready to mind a kid that is 2-0 and really a Legacy fighter, not a UFC fighter. Legacy is a good organization, but you're talking equivalent AAA. He's fighting at 170; because the185's would physically squash him . A lot of people point to the success Lesnar had, but he was a decorated amateur who had the advantage if outweighing most is his opponents by 25-30 lbs at actual fight time. Even then, once his chin was exposed as suspect, he was sharkbait. It's possible that Punk will be competitive against the kid he's fighting, but if he climbs in with a top 10 170, he's gonna get drove