• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clint Trickett

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been many comments made about Clint Trickett. Most of them are negative.

I understand, and I have questioned why it took him so long to learn the hand signals last year. I remember reading a quote from him saying there were times last season he did not know which play Coach Holgorsen had called, so he simply made something up at the LOS.

But, when fans ask why Dana has not been able to recruit a decent QB to replace Geno, I don't completely understand the criticism.

Ford Childress was a highly sought after QB. In his first start, he set a new FR passing record. Sure his next game ended in disaster, but the kid had potential. He was an ESPN top 150 player with offers from Zona and ASU.

Ford Childress - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Clint Trickett was recruited to play QB for freakin' FSU. I know his dad was on staff, but he was recruited by schools like Arkansas where Petrino was HC, and by UofL. Doesn't Petrino have a reputation for being a QB's coach? I believe Petrino has a proven record of success with his QB's?

Scout.com - College and High School Football, Basketball, Recruiting, NFL, and MLB Front Page

Dana was able to beat out Gus Malzahn to get Clint to play in Morgantown instead of Auburn.

He played an entire season hurt. Like everyone else, I hope he fully recovers from his off-season surgery. I think he has enough skill to help WVU win a bunch of games this year.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB Clint did not live up to expectations last year which has lowered his expectations. While Dana has brought in a couple of highly rated guys, he has accomplished little with them. It does not help knowing that Clint still is not throwing a football and missed all of spring practice.

I think everybody is hoping that Clint gets healthy, learns the signals, does not throw lame duck balls, throws more TDs than Ints and makes the right reads. Until he proves that he can, most fans will see the QB position as the weakest on the team.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana says he believes Clint will have a very good year this year, I see no reason to doubt him.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everybody is hoping that Clint gets healthy, learns the signals, does not throw lame duck balls, throws more TDs than Ints and makes the right reads. Until he proves that he can, most fans will see the QB position as the weakest on the team.

Yup, sums it up pretty good. We don't know what we have in Crest or Howard. For the record I would LOVE to see Crest come in and earn the starting spot,nail it down for 3 years and go pro but in my heart of hearts I know thats asking too much of 99% of true Frosh players. Howard was one of the best dual threat QB's at that level and for my money a QB that can run is our best bet. From what I've seen from Millard and Trick, that ain't gonna happen so with them so I'm hoping Howard can get the starting gig and Crest can redshirt. The thoughts of our RB's and a QB that can also be a serious threat is exciting, if Trick starts running around he may get some yards but it won't be long before he is hurt again, he is just too small for that.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB Clint did not live up to expectations last year which has lowered his expectations. While Dana has brought in a couple of highly rated guys, he has accomplished little with them. It does not help knowing that Clint still is not throwing a football and missed all of spring practice.

Clint is throwing the football, he has not been cleared to resume normal practice. He has been throwing 25 yard passes for at least the last month.