• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cleveland is a mess according to Deng

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Deng recently told one close friend, “the stuff going on in practice would never be tolerated by the coaching staff or the front office back in Chicago. It’s a mess.”

Deng was brought in to help clean it up when he arrived in a deal for Andrew Bynum on Jan. 7. But since then, he’s seen players get thrown out of practice, take off their uniform tops at halftime and threaten not to play, mouth off to Brown and generally act like spoiled brats. …

There is no accountability, as Dion Waiters found out when he was kicked out of practice last week but still got his usual minutes against the Knicks.

Report: Luol Deng shocked at mess that is the Cavaliers | ProBasketballTalk

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Deng recently told one close friend, “the stuff going on in practice would never be tolerated by the coaching staff or the front office back in Chicago. It’s a mess.”

Deng was brought in to help clean it up when he arrived in a deal for Andrew Bynum on Jan. 7. But since then, he’s seen players get thrown out of practice, take off their uniform tops at halftime and threaten not to play, mouth off to Brown and generally act like spoiled brats. …

There is no accountability, as Dion Waiters found out when he was kicked out of practice last week but still got his usual minutes against the Knicks.

Report: Luol Deng shocked at mess that is the Cavaliers | ProBasketballTalk

wow, interesting stuff. it'd explain a lot about this team's attitude...

ALSO backs up what i said about Mike Brown when i said he was a bad hire for the Lakers...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even going back to his first stint in Cleveland, I never understood how the hell Mike Brown was a head coach. The dude just has no clue what he's doing. I guess he's just one of "those guys". Everyone knows the kind I'm talking about because we all run across them in life; guys that you know are idiots/incompetent/talentless/etc but great opportunities just keep falling in their laps and people seem oblivious to the fact that said person is a moron. It really just makes me appreciate Lebron James more for carrying those Cleveland teams.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another possible reason Lebron left this poorly run franchise.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is anyone surprised at this? I will give Lebron a lot of credit though for calling Mike Brown a good coach and pretending like he was really a good man and not the reason he left. Lebron will have a good acting career when he is done in basketball. Even Bynum found a way to get the hell out of there and he is dumber then horses - lol

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes the LEBRON era Cavaliers even more impressive.

Lebron played with a horrific coach and a bunch of borderline scrubs to 60 win seasons.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, interesting stuff. it'd explain a lot about this team's attitude...

ALSO backs up what i said about Mike Brown when i said he was a bad hire for the Lakers...

Mike Brown is a bad hire for anyone above the high school level.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CLE is a glaring argument for contraction.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Brown - excellent job interviewer, horrible coach

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should help keep Lebron in Miami.

Still though, I knew Cleveland was bad.....but not that bad.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think LBJ was ever going back to CLE, Gilbert is still there. People can stop talking about that scenario though.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deng repudiates that story.

Luol Deng says he 'didn't say anything outside of this locker room': Cleveland Cavaliers Insider | cleveland.com

"I never had anything like that in my whole career, I was pretty upset that I'm dragged into it," Deng said. "But obviously, if you read the story, the stuff in there, it's all like here and there and all that stuff, and just threw my name in. That's why it's upsetting me, that I'm even part of it.

"And then saying that my friend said it? Since I've been in Cleveland, I've had my brother and my best friend (with me), and they both don't talk to the media. So I don't know where it's coming from. I don't even know who the writer is, to be honest. If they're going to do something like that, I wish they'd say the name of whoever my friend is, just say my friend's name so I can go back and confront my friend. I just don't like that they said 'one of Luol's close friends.' They don't know my close friends. I don't even know my close friends. It really upset me and it really bothered me. That's not what I bring. I've never had anything like that."

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, sounds to me like he certainly repudiates the story, but doesn't necessarily refute the claims about Cleveland being a mess.

Plenty of chance for him to deny what is going on in Cleveland, instead he just talks about how he's not the type of person to go to the media, and wishes he knew who the supposed "friend" source is.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, sounds to me like he certainly repudiates the story, but doesn't necessarily refute the claims about Cleveland being a mess.
Plenty of chance for him to deny what is going on in Cleveland, instead he just talks about how he's not the type of person to go to the media, and wishes he knew who the supposed "friend" source is.

Pretty telling, isn't it? For my money? I think he probably said those things to someone. He's just embarrassed that it got out.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think more likely a reporter knew it was going on but needed a source so why not blame the new guy. Maybe the source was actually an assistant or something.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't imagine Deng is please that this got out. However, I don't doubt that Luol Deng is facing quite a culture shock when he was just with Tom Thibodeau who's very structured and disciplined. I'd bet most places are considered a mess when compared to the Thibodeau led Bulls.