• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Claypool to the Bears

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then by that logic, we got a steal. You did say NOW, so what we received was a #2 (at the very least) WR for who knows who in '23.

How do you figure #2. Claypool was clearly the odd man out with Pickens emerging. Steeler fans are ecstatic right now there was a dumb team out there willing to give up a 2. The right value is a 4th rounder. Whether or not Claypool does well or not here going forward.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A nice little article explaining why Poles traded for Claypool and why the market pretty much drove the 2nd rd trade price. Worth a read:

Article basically explaining why we overpaid. Poles was okay with overpaying because he feels the WR crop isn't good in next year's draft.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another article:

The Chase Claypool move feels like an overpay for a wide receiver who has largely been inconsistent over the past couple years.

Exactly we overpaid. Which is the reason why I don't like this trade. We are not in a position to overpay with draft picks.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid is 6'4 240 with 4.4 speed. Yes, his rookie season he played with one of the best down field throwers of the past 20 years, so Justin needs to step up his game, but this is a kid in his third season with a half a season to fit in and prove he is part of the future.

We cannot have the most cap space in the league and spend the minimum of 92% of it on draft picks. I believe there will be alot of trading up to get targets this year while alot of mediocre free agents are brought in to fill the cap until the kids get their money.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A nice little article explaining why Poles traded for Claypool and why the market pretty much drove the 2nd rd trade price. Worth a read:

Im with BS on this,we just basically traded Roquan for Chase......
I remember rumblings on here when a Roquan trade could could hPoen,guys thought he was worth a 1st......I figured at best a 2nd,AT BEST,which we got......Thats awesome......but to think of CC as the same talent level as Roquan is laughable.......At best we should have given a 3rd.......
Chase was a 2nd rder that has not lived up to the hype.....Dont get me wrong,I was on the CC bandwagon when he came out,but I think hes not worth that 2nd......

If they wanted a wr,should have thought about Jeudy......the better player.

Last edited:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember rumblings on here when a Roquan trade could could hPoen,guys thought he was worth a 1st......I figured at best a 2nd,AT BEST,which we got......Thats awesome......but to think of CC as the same talent level as Roquan is laughable.......At best we should have given a 3rd.......
Chase was a 2nd rder that has not lived up to the hype.....Dont get me wrong,I was on the CC bandwagon when he came out,but I think hes not worth that 2nd......

Or Calvin Ridley

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bears got a later 2nd, 5th and AJ Klein for 0.5 years of Roquan.

Steelers got an early 2nd for 1.5 years of Claypool.

I think we did alright for Roquan.

We overpaid (thanks to the Packers driving up the price) for Claypool.

It's crazy how divisive this Claypool trade is becoming. OK...We overpaid. And? We need actual receivers next season. I'd LOVE to hear what you guys think our options were for WR's in the upcoming FA/draft class.

FFS, I posted it before. Coming into this season, there were like 30-something active NFL receivers that have more career receiving yardage by themselves than our entire WR crop COMBINED. We need receivers that actually know wtf they're doing. No offense to Equanimious St Brown and Byron Pringle, but that ain't nearly good enough. Sure we'll fill some WR spots through draft, but those guys are just learning. We need people who can run routes and make reads ie: experience.

Not really sure if Claypool is an answer or not...BUT...He's not 30-only 25 (which is pretty good...hell he's younger than Velus Jones) and has been around enough to have the experience of knowing how to sit a zone and route run properly. We need basic sh*t like this.

I'm blown away we went into this season with the sh*tpile we had. It's almost imperative we give the coaching staff and management the opportunity to make a real assessment of Fields. We're BLOWN UP. If we put together the rest of the field and our QB is sh*t...once again...this is all for naught. We overpaid for a chance at that information to present itself as this season progresses and "God Willing" in 2023 if we get more WR and offensive line help.

But yeah, if you're some jackass like BSGenius and want to tunnel vision a single trade like it's the end all be all...Go ahead and gnash your teeth all day long about it...

Last edited:

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Calvin Ridley

Did Poles even consider this since the guy's on suspension? I never heard a word of him coming into the deadline. If not, then there might be an argument the Falcons might have blown an opportunity for not calling him with the "We got this from the Jags" leverage. We overpaid for Claypool...We might have offered more than the Jags too. Who knows? Haven't heard a word.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Poles even consider this since the guy's on suspension? I never heard a word of him coming into the deadline. If not, then there might be an argument the Falcons might have blown an opportunity for not calling him with the "We got this from the Jags" leverage. We overpaid for Claypool...We might have offered more than the Jags too. Who knows? Haven't heard a word.
Ridley may be suspended next season or part of next season as well. NFL has only said he can apply for reinstatement in February 2023 for betting NFL games, (Pete Rose, cough, cough). Plus he's 28 this year. AND if he is reinstated and if he plays and if he is signed to a long term deal, the Jags will owe a 2nd round pick. Wow that's a lot of "ifs"...

Claypool will give Fields a second solid Wr to play catch with outside of Mooney. Better to watch Fields play catch with for 1/2 the season. Watch his development. Plus, you really like the size of Claypool, another big wr to go along with St. Brown and Harry. Regardless of how average or great Claypool will be the balance of the year, it improves the receiving group.

Will he have a huge impact? Probably not. Mooney has only been targeted 44 times this season so far. With the Run Heavy offense, all this will probably accomplish is reducing Mooney's targets and toss them Claypools way. But hopefully, either will be more open as teams try to decide whom to double team.

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yeah, if you're some jackass like BSGenius and want to tunnel vision a single trade like it's the end all be all...Go ahead and gnash your teeth all day long about it...
And the goofy part about it is he'll now spend the rest of the season rooting against Claypool, which in essence means rooting against the Bears, just to prove himself right. Pathetic.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, speaking of trading for Claypool because our receivers blow chunks, has anyone else been disappointed in Velvet up to this point of the season? Because I've been. And yes, for fairness sake, I'm even taking into consideration his injury status for part of the pre and regular season. Despite this, one too many muffed punts, one too many dropped passes. He's been pretty solid when deployed in a jet sweep, but if that's all he excels in, it will just be a matter of time before teams catch on to this. He's a 3rd round pick, he doesn't need to be a star or even that he has to be starter material, but he should be showing us more than he has to date.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, speaking of trading for Claypool because our receivers blow chunks, has anyone else been disappointed in Velvet up to this point of the season? Because I've been. And yes, for fairness sake, I'm even taking into consideration his injury status for part of the pre and regular season. Despite this, one too many muffed punts, one too many dropped passes. He's been pretty solid when deployed in a jet sweep, but if that's all he excels in, it will just be a matter of time before teams catch on to this. He's a 3rd round pick, he doesn't need to be a star or even that he has to be starter material, but he should be showing us more than he has to date.

Disappointed....no,not at all......I figured he was trash......and thats what we got.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the goofy part about it is he'll now spend the rest of the season rooting against Claypool, which in essence means rooting against the Bears, just to prove himself right. Pathetic.

I hope youre not talking about me,cause Ive said it a few times before I was on the CC bandwagon when he came out of college and wished him well in Pitt wishing we had him.....
As far as of him going forward as a Bear,Ive got my fingers crossed he does better than he did as a Steeler......

And as far as a better option for next season,not sure whos out there for the draft and freeagency.......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope youre not talking about me,cause Ive said it a few times before I was on the CC bandwagon when he came out of college and wished him well in Pitt wishing we had him.....
As far as of him going forward as a Bear,Ive got my fingers crossed he does better than he did as a Steeler......

And as far as a better option for next season,not sure whos out there for the draft and freeagency.......
Hell no!!! You are one of those (like me) who might predict something bad for our Bears or a Bears player, but if it turns out to go well, you're the first to state this. I was obviously talking about BS. Not questioning that he's a Bears fan, but for him, what's way more important is his insatiable desire to be right. It actually supersedes his loyalty to the Bears and by a mile at that. And it's why he will spend the rest of this season rooting against Claypool.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm already right, we overpaid. We need all the picks we can get and we overpaid for a currently mid tier WR. Most of the idiots in here have no clue what the value of players are. Just look at this thread and board. Everything from "Claypool was a #2" to "Mooney reminds me of Tyreek Hill" to "Monty is elite". Not to mention the inability to grasp the point of why this trade was a bad one for the Bears in general.

Thank goodness I'm here on this board to enlighten the idiots. You are welcome board.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no!!! You are one of those (like me) who might predict something bad for our Bears or a Bears player, but if it turns out to go well, you're the first to state this. I was obviously talking about BS. Not questioning that he's a Bears fan, but for him, what's way more important is his insatiable desire to be right. It actually supersedes his loyalty to the Bears and by a mile at that. And it's why he will spend the rest of this season rooting against Claypool.

The fact that you think Claypool having to fail as a Bear has any relevance to my being already right shows your inability to grasp what the actual point is. We have stupid ass people in here with reading comprehension deficiencies.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm already right, we overpaid. We need all the picks we can get and we overpaid for a currently mid tier WR. Most of the idiots in here have no clue what the value of players are. Just look at this thread and board. Everything from "Claypool was a #2" to "Mooney reminds me of Tyreek Hill" to "Monty is elite". Not to mention the inability to grasp the point of why this trade was a bad one for the Bears in general.

Thank goodness I'm here on this board to enlighten the idiots. You are welcome board.
But I noticed you didn't deny that you'll spend the rest of this season rooting against Claypool.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I noticed you didn't deny that you'll spend the rest of this season rooting against Claypool.

Because it's not germane to the point, which you still haven't found.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's not germane to the point, which you still haven't found.
Well it is really. But that's ok, I'm sure you'll have opportunities when Claypool drops a pass here, misses a block there, fumbles, etc. Whatever negative play he'll generate will result in you saying "See? Told you so!!!" You can't help yourself, you're too narcissistic not to do so.

And BTW, just what is the point - that we overpaid? Hell, just about everyone and his grandmammy says this - even Poles pretty much alluded to it. It's called reading the market. My sole point is why not wait to see how he performs before declaring this was a terrible trade. Common sense.