• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cincinnati Coronas Hockey

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Mrs 43 just told me of the Vaccine Distribution plan for the Columbus area teachers.

They have designated two separate sites for teachers to come to over the span of five days to get the shot. This is for 30+ school districts. And the method is for each teacher to go onto a website and get their appointment. the site went live this morning and, as you would expect, has been pretty well destroyed all day. Of the 45 teachers at just her school ONE has managed to get an appointment and that was on the last day.

Even if the site had worked, that leaves each school in the area to deal with random numbers of teachers being out of the building at varying times over a period of five different days.

Why not just contact each school, get the number of doses needed, and go to each school or designate one school in each district to deliver them? I mean really they could vaccinate her entire school in less than an hour with no disruption to classes. 5 teams of people moving from school to school delivering could easily do it in 5 days.

How can they keep getting this so wrong?
I'm amazed my workplace did this so well. They told us we had to go to a facility nearest to where we lived. We could go online and pick a time. I was early for both appointments but didn't have to wait. The only bottleneck was the post shot waiting room - they asked us to hang around 15 minutes in case there was a reaction.

Crappy place to work, at least my immediate department, but the health care they provide seems to be solid.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Mrs 43 just told me of the Vaccine Distribution plan for the Columbus area teachers.

They have designated two separate sites for teachers to come to over the span of five days to get the shot. This is for 30+ school districts. And the method is for each teacher to go onto a website and get their appointment. the site went live this morning and, as you would expect, has been pretty well destroyed all day. Of the 45 teachers at just her school ONE has managed to get an appointment and that was on the last day.

Even if the site had worked, that leaves each school in the area to deal with random numbers of teachers being out of the building at varying times over a period of five different days.

Why not just contact each school, get the number of doses needed, and go to each school or designate one school in each district to deliver them? I mean really they could vaccinate her entire school in less than an hour with no disruption to classes. 5 teams of people moving from school to school delivering could easily do it in 5 days.

How can they keep getting this so wrong?
Sounds right. The lack of a coordinated national plan is really showing itself here.

Friend of mine works in the ER of NC's largest hospital so clearly she was at the top of the priority list for the vaccine. She got the first dose at the same hospital she where she works, but when it came time for the second dose...nothing. She had to set it up herself and drive to a regional hospital over an hour away because the hospital had nothing for her. Of course she had to do all of this on her own time too.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Add a zero to the end of those fines please.

Everyone got a $230 fine.

They need to seize the property, as it was used in a crime.
Sell that fucker off, hopefully reduces my fucking property taxes.

/Just transfered $8,000 to the city this morning for just the advance billing portion.
Getting really hard to figure out how I'm getting value for that.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone got a $230 fine.

Yeah, I'm glad they took your suggestion to start fining participants and not just the organizer. If they were to make them 2300 dollar fines, that would likely make people think twice.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds right. The lack of a coordinated national plan is really showing itself here.

Friend of mine works in the ER of NC's largest hospital so clearly she was at the top of the priority list for the vaccine. She got the first dose at the same hospital she where she works, but when it came time for the second dose...nothing. She had to set it up herself and drive to a regional hospital over an hour away because the hospital had nothing for her. Of course she had to do all of this on her own time too.
Update: Now two people in her school had successfully booked appointments.

BUT apparently there were a lot of appointments that got booked in the system even though the user got a failed message or site timeout. So, some people had multiple appointments so the only answer is, of course, to cancel everything and they are now starting over. To make matters worse on the server end they killed off all session cookies so everyone who is now trying again is getting "Access Denied" messages.

They farmed this out to Kroger (the grocery store chain) Pharmacy and they are using the same system that they use to book appointments at their in-store clinics. They are used to 50 appointments per day. 35,000 people are trying to book appointments right now.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update: Now two people in her school had successfully booked appointments.

BUT apparently there were a lot of appointments that got booked in the system even though the user got a failed message or site timeout. So, some people had multiple appointments so the only answer is, of course, to cancel everything and they are now starting over. To make matters worse on the server end they killed off all session cookies so everyone who is now trying again is getting "Access Denied" messages.

They farmed this out to Kroger (the grocery store chain) Pharmacy and they are using the same system that they use to book appointments at their in-store clinics. They are used to 50 appointments per day. 35,000 people are trying to book appointments right now.
Update Update: They made a change to the website that allowed users to choose a range of times instead of a specific time (which often got snagged by someone else). So at 10:45 last night she was able to get an appointment time. Nice and quick considering she only started trying at 7:30 AM.

Half her school still hasn't succeeded.

Also, they have 45 thousand total doses. for 35 thousand people. Each one is supposed to be 2 doses. I ain't no countin' genius but that doesn't sound right. We need to get the math teacher in on this.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These new strains are pretty frightening. Might be time for a true, full shutdown to keep them from spreading readily, especially since they're both more contagious, apparently, and not all the vaccines can be reliably counted on for all the new strains.

That said, the vaccine developments are very encouraging. Might know in a month or two their efficacy for preventing transmission as well as hospitalization, and having multiple viable ones is great. The Johnson and Johnson one, for example, has perfectly fine viability and doesn't need to be stored at ridiculously low temperatures, and is available as a one-shot vaccine. They're having some manufacturing issues last I checked, but it opens up distribution to rural areas to not have such serious storage restrictions. Even if it's less effective than the Pfizer and Moderna overall, it's an extra layer of easier to distribute protection.

We need to do some big things still, but we've finally got a path out of this thing.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like we got another 6 weeks of mattola's.

b54c3f18e182935f4f742957bb863e75.gif

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we got another 6 weeks of mattola's.

b54c3f18e182935f4f742957bb863e75.gif

Loooks....

liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike...

we got anooooooooooother....

six weeeeeeeeeeeeeks...

of matooooooooooooooooooooooooolaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas.

losing-it-thumb-450x332-2755.gif

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news, bad news.
I’m eligible to get COVID vaccine.

Closest I can schedule to my house is in Laughlin, 90 miles away...

What joke the vaccine availability is.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news, bad news.
I’m eligible to get COVID vaccine.

Closest I can schedule to my house is in Laughlin, 90 miles away...

What joke the vaccine availability is.

That's good you can schedule it. I've been on the list for three weeks and can't even make an appointment yet. :(

That's a pretty crazy distance, but I'd drive it right away if I had the chance.