• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Sale ripping up Throwback Unis

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man things have gone bad in one side of Chicago!

Sale you're better than that...

Guess not

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chicago White Sox have suspended staff ace Chris Sale for five days after his reported dispute over the team's uniforms for Saturday's game.

"Chris has been suspended for violating team rules, for insubordination and for destroying team equipment," White Sox general manager Rick Hahn said in a statement Sunday. "While we all appreciate Chris' talent and passion, there is a correct way and an incorrect way to express concerns about team rules and organizational expectations."

Hahn addressed the media shortly after the announcement and said Sale will be required to stay away from the team during the suspension.

"It's unfortunate that it's become this level of an issue and a potential distraction, taking away from what we're trying to accomplish," Hahn said.

According to ESPN and multiple reports, Sale expressed displeasure over having to wear the White Sox's 1976 navy, collared throwbacks, and the matter escalated from there, culminating in a confrontation with a member of Chicago's front office. The team then decided to send Sale home from U.S. Cellular Field.

FanRag Sports first reported that Sale cut up the 1976 throwbacks during batting practice so they couldn't be worn. Fox Sports reported that Sale disliked the uniforms because he thought they were uncomfortable and thought the White Sox were putting "PR and jersey sales" ahead of winning.

"The only thing that matters to Chris Sale is winning," his agent, B.B. Abbott, said in a text to ESPN's Jayson Stark on Sunday. "If he perceives that something is distracting from that or being prioritized over that, he is going to have a problem with it. There is no better teammate or competitor than Chris, and there is no player that cares more about the city of Chicago and its fans than him."

Manager Robin Ventura noted that this was not the first outburst from Sale, who was extremely vocal in the fallout from the Adam LaRoche incident in spring training, when friction surfaced following the club's restrictions on the amount of time LaRoche's son was allowed to spend in the clubhouse. Sale was openly critical of executive vice president Ken Williams' decision in that case.

"We all know he's emotional," Ventura said.

Hahn said he and Sale met Saturday to discuss what happened and the events leading up to the incident.

"We both expressed remorse that it got to this point," Hahn said. "At that point last night, I think Chris stood by his actions. Part of what makes Chris great, Chris elite, is his passion and commitment. We've seen that at times spill out from between the white lines. Yesterday was one of those incidents, and unfortunately, it led to events that required discipline."

Sale suspended five days for uniform outburst

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man things have gone bad in one side of Chicago!

Sale you're better than that...

Guess not

Be careful what you say. You will probably be rooting for him for the next few years.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's awesome and those uniforms are stupid.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful what you say. You will probably be rooting for him for the next few years.

He isn't coming to Boston, as much as I would like it he isn't

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to think his days as a White Sox are close to over. Wouldn't find Toronto or Boston going after him.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which throwback uni's were they?
Those ridiculous ones w/ the short black & white striped pants, that looked like a beer league softball team uni??

If so I wouldn't blame him one bit.....lol

Those were horrific.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard they were the crappiest ones possible and it apparently hurt how he pitched or something like that. But again, you are getting paid how much? Such it up and wear em! But I guess this just really shows how bad things are in the White Sox organization

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much is Sale getting paid? A lot, just suck it up and wear the damn uniform:lol:

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard they were the crappiest ones possible and it apparently hurt how he pitched or something like that. But again, you are getting paid how much? Such it up and wear em! But I guess this just really shows how bad things are in the White Sox organization
ct-throwback-thursday-report-white-sox-spt-0828-20150827.jpg

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the starting Pitcher have a say in the third uniforms. Something along the lines if they don't like them the team is obligated to switch?
If so I wonder if he got upset after the team wasn't willing to listen to his wishes.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He keep bangin the "I care about winning" drum.

How do those unis prevent you from winning?

He wanted HIS way. And he didn't get it. Id gladly take him, but he'd have to lay down and be quiet during nap time or he's spending his lunch recess inside.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,068.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im sure he was gonna be a hot player at the trade deadline but not know after this incident. maybe some really depress team will go for him

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the starting Pitcher have a say in the third uniforms. Something along the lines if they don't like them the team is obligated to switch?
If so I wonder if he got upset after the team wasn't willing to listen to his wishes.

They said it was a scheduled promotion, so in this case he did not have a choice.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wishing he wanted to be Red Sox uni but I doubt it.