• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Peterson's press conference

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just finished watching his press conference, and I have to hand it to him. This man has got it figured out. He majored in Psychology and it just shows what a great life person he is. This was by far the best hire for Washington. I think Washington will be very successful on the field, let alone in the class room. Honestly he doesn't need to worry about coaching his whole life time. He could be a public speaker about life and do just fine. Amazing guy. Good luck

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just finished watching his press conference, and I have to hand it to him. This man has got it figured out. He majored in Psychology and it just shows what a great life person he is. This was by far the best hire for Washington. I think Washington will be very successful on the field, let alone in the class room. Honestly he doesn't need to worry about coaching his whole life time. He could be a public speaker about life and do just fine. Amazing guy. Good luck

Yeah the presser was good. He did a 1 on 1 with Yogi for 10 minutes as well. I just finished watching that. It's on the PAC12 network page.

It's good to get a guy that sincerely cares about the kids future in things other than football.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just an outstanding individual all the way around. Congrats and enjoy, Washington.

If I'm an Oregon fan, this has my full attention and I am more than concerned. I think they fucked up big time by not hiring him in 2009 and especially in 2012. Deep down inside that was his dream job, but they didn't want him. They will pay for that decision. I know they wanted to keep it in-house, not change the already highly effective offense, etc., but Mark Helfrich over Chris Petersen? Seriously?!!! That was fucking stupid.

I suppose time will tell whether or not my opinion on the matter is the correct one.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a class act, He and his wife donated lots of money to helping BSU get new academic building built. He cares about education as much as football. He will be missed, but as he said, it was time.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just an outstanding individual all the way around. Congrats and enjoy, Washington.

If I'm an Oregon fan, this has my full attention and I am more than concerned. I think they fucked up big time by not hiring him in 2009 and especially in 2012. Deep down inside that was his dream job, but they didn't want him. They will pay for that decision. I know they wanted to keep it in-house, not change the already highly effective offense, etc., but Mark Helfrich over Chris Petersen? Seriously?!!! That was fucking stupid.

I suppose time will tell whether or not my opinion on the matter is the correct one.

Just cause he was an assistant there in the later 1990s doesn't mean it's his dream job. Even Mike Bellotti said that UW was Chris's #1 through the years. That's why he jumped at the chance when UW came knocking this time, instead of Nike U.

And you bet your ass Uncle Phil made the offer phone call to him when they got advance notice from the NCAA what the fate of Show Cause Kelly was going to be.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those that know him closely know that deep down inside Oregon was his dream job. Not throwing it in your face, I'm happy for you all and it's a great fit. From what I know he was never contacted by any Oregon representatives or Phil Knight. He was never even considered in '09 or '12 as Oregon did not look outside. They wanted to keep it strictly in-house and promote from within like they did when they hired Mike Bellotti, like they did when they hired Chip Kelly, like they did when they hired Mark Helfrich. Who really knows what truly goes on behind closed doors, but that's my understanding.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I hope I don't come off as arrogant in my last post, Regent. I don't really have any big time insider info and I certainly don't know all the specifics in terms of everything that goes on in these types of situations. I guess what I'm saying is I can't absolutely promise with 100% certainty that Oregon was truly his dream job and I certainly can't prove that Oregon never reached out to him at some point in time.

APettitte46

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess what I'm saying is I can't absolutely promise with 100% certainty that Oregon was truly his dream job and I certainly can't prove that Oregon never reached out to him at some point in time.
:lame:

So basically you tried to pass off your opinion as fact, when really there was nothing to substantiate your blustering posture. Good Job. :clap:

I will come running your way next time I am looking for some insightful insider information.:whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it's gotta feel pretty damn good to be a Huskie these days

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So basically you tried to pass off your opinion as fact, when really there was nothing to substantiate your blustering posture. Good Job. :clap:

I will come running your way next time I am looking for some insightful insider information.:whistle:

If this snide input is all you got when you open your mouth, please put your boyfriends cock back in it.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No problem. Happy to help you out there bud!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those that know him closely know that deep down inside Oregon was his dream job. Not throwing it in your face, I'm happy for you all and it's a great fit. From what I know he was never contacted by any Oregon representatives or Phil Knight. He was never even considered in '09 or '12 as Oregon did not look outside. They wanted to keep it strictly in-house and promote from within like they did when they hired Mike Bellotti, like they did when they hired Chip Kelly, like they did when they hired Mark Helfrich. Who really knows what truly goes on behind closed doors, but that's my understanding.

I don't know that anyone would be that upset if they knew Petersen had some desire about Oregon and ended up at UW anyway, but if we are to believe him and what Bellotti said then UW was a very high desire of his. According to Bellotti he told him about his desires for UW many years ago. When you heard him talk as his press conference he mentioned looking up to this program back when Don James was running it so he has had some interest in it for a very long time, even if he doesn't have direct ties.

Again, I don't care either way, but you can't say he is a great human being on the one hand and then question his words the next IMO.

I looked at it this way. The great Don James just recently passed away and yet even after his death he still gave us another great gift in an awesome head coach inspired by what he built here. Even from the grave James is still giving this program a boost. That's the way I choose to view this.

:suds:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Either way it was a huge score for us and yes no matter what Oregon should be looking over there shoulder...:suds:

APettitte46

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this snide input is all you got when you open your mouth, please put your boyfriends cock back in it.

Wow look at BrokeBackMike rushing in on his Pony to come to the aid of his fellow Pony Rider. That is a shitload of Butt Hurt. :scratch:

Sounds like a generous amount of cock wish fulfillment there, Mr. "10 inch member". :noidea:

Maybe you can start off by asking your BoiseBoy4 life to ride back to Broke Back Mountain with you instead of defending his :bullshit:

No need to project your desires onto anonymous strangers on an internet site.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow look at BrokeBackMike rushing in on his Pony to come to the aid of his fellow Pony Rider. That is a shitload of Butt Hurt. :scratch:

Sounds like a generous amount of cock wish fulfillment there, Mr. "10 inch member". :noidea:

Maybe you can start off by asking your BoiseBoy4 life to ride back to Broke Back Mountain with you instead of defending his :bullshit:

No need to project your desires onto anonymous strangers on an internet site.

Why all the gay hate? I wasn't calling you a homo, with "pettite" as your handle I just assumed you were a girl. Still not convinced you aren't.

APettitte46

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why all the gay hate? I wasn't calling you a homo, with "pettite" as your handle I just assumed you were a girl. Still not convinced you aren't.

Wow Mike! Your a really funny guy, you should take your act on the road. I mean really... hit the road. I hope you go very very far. :rollseyes:.

BTW i could kind tell you were mentally challenged when you came to the aid(s) of BoiseBoy4life. He makes 2 posts in this thread basically calling himself to be the authoritative insider of CP's brain and then recants on the next post and admits he knows nothing.

What really throws you over the top in the dumb down category is you could not figure Pettite is not the same spelling as petite and the moniker is of a recently retired major league baseball player for the NY Yankees.

Good Stuff :nod:

ToolmyDread

We Are The Boys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted him when Meyer left Florida. I think this is a huge steal for Washington. The dude can coach like hell and runs a good program. I just wish he would of kept Brent Pease in Boise!

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Mike! Your a really funny guy, you should take your act on the road. I mean really... hit the road. I hope you go very very far. :rollseyes:.

BTW i could kind tell you were mentally challenged when you came to the aid(s) of BoiseBoy4life. He makes 2 posts in this thread basically calling himself to be the authoritative insider of CP's brain and then recants on the next post and admits he knows nothing.

What really throws you over the top in the dumb down category is you could not figure Pettite is not the same spelling as petite and the moniker is of a recently retired major league baseball player for the NY Yankees.

You're a real peach, petite. Thanks for your contributions to this thread!

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Soooo....sounds like in an indirect way you are trying run with this whole "I'm not really a skinny girl" theme. No one is buying it Alice.

APettitte46

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a real peach, petite. Thanks for your contributions to this thread!

Well thank you. I consider it a privilege and my civic honor and duty to call out BS posters like yourself, who try to cloak their misguided opinions as "statements of fact" without even bothering to include any source material!

But BoiseBoi, not only did you see the error in your ways, you pulled a 180 and backpedaled out of it faster than Michael Jackson doing the moonwalk. Congrats!

BoiseBoi I will gladly contribute meaningful accurate data, when I have source info and not BS opinion, next time I start a thread.

Proceed.