• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Peterson stepping down as UW coach after bowl game. Jimmy Lake named new HC.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ike_where_this_thread_is_going-vi.jpg

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how oregon fans bring up all the time how 0regon has owned Washington, yet they are cheering as the coach responsible for losing to 0regon has stepped down, so now there is uncertainty where as before yall had a good thing going.

Contradictory emotions in this thread

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how oregon fans bring up all the time how 0regon has owned Washington, yet they are cheering as the coach responsible for losing to 0regon has stepped down, so now there is uncertainty where as before yall had a good thing going.

Contradictory emotions in this thread
Probably because they haven’t ‘owned’ anyone in Petersen’s tenure, let alone UW. But, if we’re gonna be fair, it’s really just OD talking out all sides of his ass again.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because they haven’t ‘owned’ anyone in Petersen’s tenure, let alone UW. But, if we’re gonna be fair, it’s really just OD talking out all sides of his ass again.
I know, i am just having fun with it. They say washington isnt worth thinking about or spitting at, but then they celebrate this, it cracks me up

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly to Washington!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense. The way he always talked made it sound like he was meant to be a NFL coach. Every since he took the job he constantly talked about how miserable it was with recruiting. Sadly, he turned UW into a west coast powerhouse so it makes recruiting even more sleazy. Question for Husky fans is how the hell is he going into administration? You have a rock solid AD so how is that dynamic going to work?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t be shocked if he hangs on to the admin role he’s (supposedly) taking at UW for a bit, and went back to a G5 school when he wants to coach again. Seems like he just doesn’t like a lot of what the job’s about other than coaching.

The dude turned down USC before coming to UW. Maybe not crazy to think he thought he could put up with those other aspects better at UW than a USC type, and realized no... he can’t.

Or he really is "burned out" and does need a nice cushy job for a while....
Like for four years when Lake bolts to the NFL and reclaims his program back!

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty curious as to why he's stepping down. Washington hasn't had a great year, but I never had the impression that his seat was remotely hot. He seemed to have a good thing going at Washington. Just really strange.
Obviously ...

3i7h7n.jpg

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huard was just on the the local sports radio with a very good analysis. Few of the media have more inside access than he does with this athletic dept and the coaching staffs.

He says he believes the recruiting for a top tier P5 program is what wore him down and the top reason he's going to take a major break from coaching. Doesn't believe it's health related or any type of conflicts with boosters or the AD. Everyone still had faith in him for the longterm. It's what Petersen has described with the trend that things aren't black and white with recruiting anymore. With what he sees with the current culture within the P5 level programs, etc... That's he's seeing a bunch of grey stuff happening with other programs and that he fights to not go that route. But at the same time, your facing teams in conf, OOC, and bowl games that don't have problems with the grey areas and the demands of 4/5 star recruits to commit, abusing the transfer portal, etc.....

Huard said he expects him to take off at least year or longer, and will most likely go back to coaching at a smaller program like a mid-major or just retire and do something else with his life. He loves developing the 2-3 star guys into diamonds in the rough. That trying to land the 4 and 5 star guys... he just isn't built for it in the long run.

From everything I've seen of this guy, it makes perfect sense this is the ultimate problem.

Last edited:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It aint easy coaching at Washington. Constantly in Oregon's shadows and having the pressure of having to beat Oregon is a drain and insurmountable expectations.

It's really amazing that a grown ass man can really get his entire head up his ass as much as you can!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huard also believes that Lake was already the coach in waiting for this job if Petersen ever retired, and will do a fabulous job for Washington. I agree.

We'll see what this means for recruiting and W-L going forward, but I do think Lake has the ability to get it done. And I do suspect that there will be changes on the coach staff coming after the bowl game, including the offensive staff.

I'm sure the vultures have already reached out to our 2020 recruits. Won't surprise me in the least to see a couple decommits, but it's too be expected. We'll judge Lake by how he does with 2021 and going forward.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or he really is "burned out" and does need a nice cushy job for a while....
Like for four years when Lake bolts to the NFL and reclaims his program back!
Just in case, they need to give Kwiatkowski the Jimmy Lake treatment over the next few years so we have him to fall back on.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huard also believes that Lake was already the coach in waiting for this job if Petersen ever retired, and will do a fabulous job for Washington. I agree.

We'll see what this means for recruiting and W-L going forward, but I do think Lake has the ability to get it done. And I do suspect that there will be changes on the coach staff coming, including the offensive staff.
Seems pretty clear now. He knew his turn wasn’t far off, when he was turning down some good offers to go DC somewhere else.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The police are starting to close in on all the dead children and Peterson had to get the fuck out of Dodge.