• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Paul got himself in some trouble tonight

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CP3 is made of Teflon.

He will never be criticized for anything ever in his entire career.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca will never cheer for CP3 again. :lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the article and it does seem like the referees were smoking pot or crack - I don't like the Clippers, but I agree with Chris Paul - if the referee is going to get upset every time some one questions her calls, then she needs to quit now

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CP3 is made of Teflon.

He will never be criticized for anything ever in his entire career.
This. Chris Paul, and Kevin Durant will never be criticized for losing any big game. It will be someone else's fault.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She did a Heat/Pacers game and was whistle happy all night. Players were talking to her before/after many of the timeouts.

When refs often become part of the game (like Crawford) then they need to be looked at by the league.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only problem I have with paul's comments is that they deserve to get techs. they cry all game every game about every call.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His comments - as far as anyone who doesn't know CP personally knows - had nothing to do with gender. I think its unfair to assume otherwise. Other than using the appropriate pronoun 'she'... gender wasn't part of the conversation.

However... what he said would never be tolerated by the league... regardless of the gender of the ref involved. He called the call ridiculous and suggested that the ref might want to quit or be terminated. That's about as critical as you can possibly get as a ref.

As for the game... I watched the entire game. Holtkamp called 2 of the techs... the one on Paul and one on Jordan. The one on Jordan (which happened minutes after Paul's) was an obvious tech. CP's was the only of the 5 techs that looked questionable, IMO. If what CP said is exactly what happened then its a bad tech.

The bottom-line is you can't, as a player, publicly question a ref's ability to keep their job. A fine is easily justified, IMO.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the gender issue... which I think is a separate issue from Paul's comments...

There are many players and coaches - at all level of sports - that will groan and roll their eyes when they see a female ref is gonna do their game.... even when they have no prior experience with the ref. That is unequivocal sexism.

I think you'd be Naive to think that the 2 current female NBA refs aren't dealing with this to some extent. Whether this has a role in some of the Clippers' players and coaching staff's view of Stoltkamp... its very possible... but unfair to assume.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that Barkley had an interesting take on why the Clippers kept getting technical fouls in that game, namely, that they were frustrated by the physicality of the game, since they are a soft team.

And the Paul tackle on Mozzy was a complete bitch move.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hilarious that Stephen a refuses to say that paul did anything wrong.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did cursing, arguing, screaming and showing up the Refs on obvious calls every time down become technicals??

--Clippers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His comments - as far as anyone who doesn't know CP personally knows - had nothing to do with gender. I think its unfair to assume otherwise. Other than using the appropriate pronoun 'she'... gender wasn't part of the conversation.

However... what he said would never be tolerated by the league... regardless of the gender of the ref involved. He called the call ridiculous and suggested that the ref might want to quit or be terminated. That's about as critical as you can possibly get as a ref.

As for the game... I watched the entire game. Holtkamp called 2 of the techs... the one on Paul and one on Jordan. The one on Jordan (which happened minutes after Paul's) was an obvious tech. CP's was the only of the 5 techs that looked questionable, IMO. If what CP said is exactly what happened then its a bad tech.

The bottom-line is you can't, as a player, publicly question a ref's ability to keep their job. A fine is easily justified, IMO.

^^^100% This^^^

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did cursing, arguing, screaming and showing up the Refs on obvious calls every time down become technicals??

--Clippers

This is why I can't see the Clips winning any championships or even getting past the 2nd round of the playoffs. Top to bottom, they are arguably the most talented team in the league. But they are also arguably the easiest team in the league to take out of their game mentally. As soon as a couple of bad calls go against them, or they don't get a couple of calls that they thought they should have, they lose focus and it costs them games.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Flop city finally ran into a ref that calls em out on their bs. I hope she refs their playoff games. That would be must see TV.

I'm surprised in our politically correct climate, that more people aren't up in arms about Cliff Paul's comments. This just proves he is the golden boy.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People need to quit trying to make this a gender issue. If he had said the exact same thing about a male ref, no one would bat an eye other than to say he should be fined because players aren't allowed to publicly criticize the refs like that and to laugh at him being a whiner.

As someone else pointed out, he just used the proper term "she" when talking about the ref. There's nothing in his comments that suggests that he thinks that she can't be a good ref because she's female.

MattJensen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't even talking about her being a woman. He was only saying she was a rookie ref. What else are you supposed to call a girl besides she?