• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Mathews

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Seahawks: Chris Matthews

I had to look him up. Did Pete play possum with this guy? There is no film on him so the Patriots couldn't scheme for him. What has been our biggest need? A tall WR who could sky for the ball?

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea, but I have come to learn something about these guys, and I just posted it in the SB thread.

You never know who's going to be in the spotlight in a big game. Sure, we have Lynch, Sherman, Wilson and all the Usual Suspects, but we seem to keep the other team guessing, and that's pretty impressive.

Look at the SB last year. Who the heck is Malcolm Smith? And he got MVP for that game!

We may not have heard from Matthews all year, but hey, if he can keep things up like he did in the first half, by all means, keep throwing the ball his way!

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is basically how bad our situation at WR as. Don't get me wrong, I like Baldwin and Kearse as a 2 or 3 guy but the fact is that they aren't guys who are going to impose their will on anyone. And this just shows how good Wilson is. It was like "Ok, you're a big warm body? I'm going at you! Just catch the fucking ball!"

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is basically how bad our situation at WR as. Don't get me wrong, I like Baldwin and Kearse as a 2 or 3 guy but the fact is that they aren't guys who are going to impose their will on anyone. And this just shows how good Wilson is. It was like "Ok, you're a big warm body? I'm going at you! Just catch the fucking ball!"
Well said!

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was in line for the MVP if we punch it in there at the end.

Stratman72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liked what we have seen from Matthews! Big body with decent hands! Lets get him some reps in the offseason!

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was an in game adjustment to bail out the receiver group. Nobody could get open in man coverage. They used him against a short nickel corner until Bill made the switch and put Browner on him. Once Browner was on him, he was done. He has some work to do if he wants to be a #1 or #2.

Bill out coached Pete in this one. He loaded the box to stop Marshawn and put his awesome dbs in man on our average receivers and made RW choose to take risks. RW is risk averse as he has been trained by PC. This was a great defensive game plan from a team with the players to pull it off.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Wilson a big target and look what he was doing... We HAVE to get bigger at the receiver spot.. Have your quick guy's in the slot and keep your long guy's on the outside.... That will give Wilson more options... Our D will once again be strong... Improve our pass rush getting some bodies back... fill a need at the corner position for depth.... Mathews looks like he has serious potential though...

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we still had Tate... fuckin Harvin :L

The Seahawks wanted Harvin instead of Tate+1st+3rd+7th+5 mill difference in cap space per year.....SMH.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or Tate did fuck RW's wife and was gone regardless. Who really knows. Harvin was the only receiver who could get separation off the LOS in man coverage. He would have been very useful in the game against the Pats since they seemed to mainly play man on our receivers. Unfortunately, he is a locker room cancer and doesn't have very good hands.

Maybe Matthews will develop and Norwood and Richardson can become something.

Winnipegger

Detroit Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot about Chris Matthews because of his time in Winnipeg a few years ago. Do not count on him to become anything more than a PR guy. He seems to sleepwalk through everything. Zero emotion, quit on the Bombers (our CFL team) and had no drive. He will be back at Footlocker before he has another multi-catch NFL game.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot about Chris Matthews because of his time in Winnipeg a few years ago. Do not count on him to become anything more than a PR guy. He seems to sleepwalk through everything. Zero emotion, quit on the Bombers (our CFL team) and had no drive. He will be back at Footlocker before he has another multi-catch NFL game.

This does not surprise me and backs my thought that he was merely an in-game adjustment to see if anything could bail out our receivers. It worked for a few passes and then when he had a better DB on him, he could not make the play. Granted Browner is one of the top 15-20 corners in the game, so that is a tough matchup for a guy who has only caught 2 passes in the league.

Maybe at Winny, he was just too immature and now he has progressed a bit. We will see, but I am not expecting too much from him.

Winnipegger

Detroit Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This does not surprise me and backs my thought that he was merely an in-game adjustment to see if anything could bail out our receivers. It worked for a few passes and then when he had a better DB on him, he could not make the play. Granted Browner is one of the top 15-20 corners in the game, so that is a tough matchup for a guy who has only caught 2 passes in the league.

Maybe at Winny, he was just too immature and now he has progressed a bit. We will see, but I am not expecting too much from him.

Browner covering Matthews was great. Former Calgary Stampeder vs. former Winnipeg Blue Bombers. An all-Canadian moment! lol

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we still had Tate... fuckin Harvin :L

Ugh seriously

Baldwin, Tate, Matthews, Richardson/Kearse/Norwood

That's a WR core with a diverse combination of speed, shiftiness, size, and big play making ability

Tate's cap 5.3 and 6.3 mil for 2015 and 2016. It goes up to 7.6 and 8.6 the two years after that but by then the overall cap should have increased by a good amount as well.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh seriously

Baldwin, Tate, Matthews, Richardson/Kearse/Norwood

That's a WR core with a diverse combination of speed, shiftiness, size, and big play making ability

Tate's cap 5.3 and 6.3 mil for 2015 and 2016. It goes up to 7.6 and 8.6 the two years after that but by then the overall cap should have increased by a good amount as well.

I'm not sure that both Richardson and Norwood still get drafted if we keep Tate. Maybe we still draft a receiver and maybe it's still Richardson that we draft or maybe we wait to take a receiver and end up with someone else and then decide we're good at receiver after that. Who knows.