• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Jones

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This deserves its own thread. He was ready for a monster season.

This means Kalu goes back to corner and Keiron Williams just got his starting gig back.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cot damnit. He was gonna be 1st team all-conference.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really sucks. Huge huge loss

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My daughter had surgery on her meniscus and ACL. They clipped a piece of the meniscus off that had torn and was sticking up. It was catching when she ran. The ACL was not completely torn but shredded and they heated it up with a laser causing it to shrink and grew back together instead of doing a complete restoration.
They told her 6 months before she could play but they released her back to play in 3. Unfortunately she lost speed and never had the ability to cut again like she did before the injury.
The laser didn't work either. She ended up tearing it completely two seasons later.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate football

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love football as long as my team wins there are no injuries the cheerleaders are hot the weather is perfect

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My daughter had surgery on her meniscus and ACL. They clipped a piece of the meniscus off that had torn and was sticking up. It was catching when she ran. The ACL was not completely torn but shredded and they heated it up with a laser causing it to shrink and grew back together instead of doing a complete restoration.
They told her 6 months before she could play but they released her back to play in 3. Unfortunately she lost speed and never had the ability to cut again like she did before the injury.
The laser didn't work either. She ended up tearing it completely two seasons later.

Damn. Luckily the success rate at this level of play is extremely high. Probably due to the best surgeons and physical therapy available.

Adrian Peterson tore his ACL and won the rushing title the next season.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unfortunately we're going to see this type of thing continually because the pressure is so great to become the best a player can be, that they have to abuse their bodies with very heavy weights and do drill after drill. The human body can only take so much of that crap.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Building surrounding muscle is the best defense against torn ligaments. Improper warm ups are the usual culprits and unfortunately probably the hardest thing to get a kid to take seriously.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Luckily the success rate at this level of play is extremely high. Probably due to the best surgeons and physical therapy available.

Adrian Peterson tore his ACL and won the rushing title the next season.
She went to Center for Sports Medicine here in Chattanooga. The doctors there are pretty good. Hers was no longer with them when she had the second injury but he was also on team staff for UT CHattanooga, Chattanooga FC and two of the larger private schools here. Great resume, unfortunately she was still good after it but not great. She was actually goal tending when she tore it the second time. She was a middle prior to that but just didn't have the speed anymore so when they needed somebody in goal she took it. After that she didn't want to play anymore.

I personally think she never fully recovered the first time. I think it is because he chose not to do a complete restoration. The ligament was stretched and shredded but not disconnected. Doctor thought recovery would be easier if they did it the way he did. That was to heat it up which made it shrink and then give it time to grow back together. Theory was sound but he did say at one point that a lot of his peers questioned him on it.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately we're going to see this type of thing continually because the pressure is so great to become the best a player can be, that they have to abuse their bodies with very heavy weights and do drill after drill. The human body can only take so much of that crap.
Year around intense sports work allows no time for the body to heal.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kalu switched his number to 46... He's playing safety. He ain't droppin down to corner w/ that number LOL