• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chip talks - (From Mosher in reverse order)

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip is done. Heck of a press conference.

Chip: "When we have news, I'll talk."

But Chip didn't say whether last year's draft woulda been different if he had final say, avoided hypothetical.

Chip said Howie will be in war room this year for draft and "I value his opinion"

Chip said only difference now is that he has final say in draft. Big admission there.

Chip just put last 2 drafts on Howie, said he didn't have final say last two years.

Chip drew the comparison between Drew Brees and Sam Bradford given Brees injury.

Chip: We didn't bring Sam in to be a (trade) chip. I'm the only Chip here."

Chip said he didn't know trade would get leaked while details were still being worked out, tried to reach Rosenhaus to get through to Shady.

Kelly said he has tried to reach out to LeSean, has utmost respect for him, best RB in team history.

Chip: Thurmond comes in and will compete w/Nolan Carroll, Boykin, others

Chip: DeMeco Ryans will be back.

Chip repeated that he's very fond of Gamble.

Chip: Gamble firing was on other side, not his decision.

Chip: not difficult to have new players, happens ever year.

CHip just said he was already offered a first round pick for BRadford.

Chip said he's done his diligence on Sam's ACL injuries, knows what he's doing.

Chip doesn't commit to Sam Bradford long term but says wouldn't have traded for him if he didn't see "tremendous upside."

Chip said he has great working relationship with Howie, a lot of stuff out there that's not true.

Chip said too many holes to fill in draft to trade all his picks

"Let's dispel that right now," Chip said re: trade up for MM. Chip said MArcus best QB in draft but he wouldn't mortgage future of team.

Wow, Chip just basically said he's not trading up to draft Mariota.

Said current FO/scout staff setup helps bec they have a vision of a certain kind of player they want. Is new setup better? "It better be."

Kelly said he didn't think he "needed" control, had meeting w/Jeff and owner made decision.

WOw, CHip Kelly talking...unexepcted

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Chip talks I think means that this initial rush of FA is pretty much over. Just Close on the Matthews deal and they are on to the draft.

So they have the QB, RB, ILB, OLB and one Corner covered.

Leaves draft priorities as 2nd Corner, Safety and WR?

Still I would hope for another signing. Maybe Andre Johnson can still be had.

I think the first round pick is almost assuredly a Corner.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the first pick will be an OG. We have options on the roster for CB2, probably will sign a starter at S, as well as a rotation WR.

Need to replace Herremans and Tobin or Gardner aren't the answer and not any appealing options left in FA.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listened to the press conference. I have to give the writers credit they went after him. Kelly held his own. At the end of the day I still can't stand the moves.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly made the writers look like fools for the most part. Interesting to know that they were offered a 1st rounder for Bradford already. Coach speak aside we could still see him moving up for Mariota. More or less a message to the trade partners imo.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly made the writers look like fools for the most part. Interesting to know that they were offered a 1st rounder for Bradford already. Coach speak aside we could still see him moving up for Mariota. More or less a message to the trade partners imo.

That's the worry.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chip may be legally retarded.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the one thing I can say is Chip lied his ass off in that interview. He said he didn't talk to Gore until 4pm yesterday because that was the first time he could. Bullshit Chip, you were allowed to talk to him 3 days before that, you agreed on a deal with him and he backed out.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the one thing I can say is Chip lied his ass off in that interview. He said he didn't talk to Gore until 4pm yesterday because that was the first time he could. Bullshit Chip, you were allowed to talk to him 3 days before that, you agreed on a deal with him and he backed out.

LOL. He said that? Haha. Chip just doesn't give a damn.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe him when he said he will not mortgage for Mariota. Right now with all the moves he made it would be utterly stupid. It would probably make sense if he kept the weapons like Shady and Maclin but that is not the case.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First rounder could also be a WR, along with the 2nd rounder.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd get fined a pick if he told the truth. Like everyone else.

Green Head

Formally Cape May Eagle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then he asked if Gore was signed yet? Yeah OK Chip

DJ4040

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Press Pass: Chip Kelly (3/1... on Livestream

I think it's better to watch the press conference than read it. At least you can see what the guy is thinking when looking at him as he answers questions. I don't know what to think yet on all this, I have to see what transpires with the draft first.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is what I was thinking as well

50 days to the draft is a long time

At this point I'm resigned to the fact that Eagles are going into the season with Bradford/Sanchez
I never was a fan of Bradford but if he stays healthy and plays well then all is good

After all is said and done I'm an Eagles fan and will always be an Eagles fan and while I have been scratching my head over this off season and what Kelly is doing I still believe in Kelly's offense and believe he can take these new parts and turn it into a machine

I was a McCoy fan even though he frustrated me last year and a Maclin fan and would have liked to see them still with the Eagles but even with them gone I still think this offense can put up good productive numbers and it wasn't that much of a worry for me

I came into the off season more concerned for the defense as I'm sure most on here were also concerned