• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chip Kelly vs. Herm Edwards! (2018 PAC-12 Preview Thread)

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next year as in 2019
One month avatar bet after the 2019 regular season ends. Only null if Chip leaves after one season and isn't there. Otherwise it's on. UCLA is South champs and you win, otherwise I win.

Deal?

Reactions: DJ

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be the longest out bet I've ever made online. I'm all in though.

Only sad part is I'll be forced to actually want to see USC win games. :puke:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be the longest out bet I've ever made online. I'm all in though.

Only sad part is I'll be forced to actually want to see USC win games. :puke:
Utah

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah and I have no issues seeing Utah win games, but still USC is always the big dog poised to derail anything runs UCLA goes on.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC set their destiny when they hired whoever their coach is now, cant even remember his name. Trojans are doomed in LA as long as Chip is down there with the Bruins.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC set their destiny when they hired whoever their coach is now, cant even remember his name. Trojans are doomed in LA as long as Chip is down there with the Bruins.
I wouldn't take a bet against UCLA winning the south sometime in the next 4 years, but 1 season is entirely too soon to worry about IMO. He needs time to get his kids in. He was the OC and already had his kids in when he took over HC at Oregon. This is entirely a different critter.

Reactions: DJ

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PjxUz7p.gif

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't take a bet against UCLA winning the south sometime in the next 4 years, but 1 season is entirely too soon to worry about IMO. He needs time to get his kids in. He was the OC and already had his kids in when he took over HC at Oregon. This is entirely a different critter.
You forget what he did at Oregon in his second year?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forget what he did at Oregon in his second year?
His 'second year' was actually his 4th year in that program. It was the 4th year of his offense. Not much changed in terms of staff or schemes on either side of the ball when he took over. This is a total rebuild from the ground up.

You are entirely obsessed with Chip and it will be your undoing in this bet.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His 'second year' was actually his 4th year in that program. It was the 4th year of his offense. Not much changed in terms of staff or schemes on either side of the ball when he took over. This is a total rebuild from the ground up.

You are entirely obsessed with Chip and it will be your undoing in this bet.
UCLA has been recruiting at a high level for years now, the talent in there. Also Chip's offense was much different than it was while he was OC under Bellotti. These days everyone runs a form of the spread, so the current UCLA players are not going to have to adapt that much.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA has been recruiting at a high level for years now, the talent in there. Also Chip's offense was much different than it was while he was OC under Bellotti. These days everyone runs a form of the spread, so the current UCLA players are not going to have to adapt that much.
Right, and Oregon also took advantage of how long it took for other teams to catch up to defending the hurry up no huddle. That's not a thing now. Every defense does work on it and at least has a plan for it. He's not going to catch anyone off guard when he goes uptempo. That also makes it quite a bit different now vs when he took over Oregon.

There's a difference between having a talented team and having his players in though. For example, he wanted more athletic lines that could RUN to the next line of scrimmage and not be winded enough to need oxygen. He needed several guys that could burn the edge on the defenses to make that spread wear them out. His ideal players aren't necessarily the typical 4 and 5 star kids every other team is gunning for.

It's a process at best. And oh, by the way, USC is still always going to be building up and carrying top tier talent at the same time. Oregon was largely unopposed outside of Stanford and Stanford wasn't anything close to USC level of recruiting while Oregon had their mini run.

I'm entirely fine with this bet. Stoked actually.