• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chip Kelly Canned???

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to review Foles' 2014 season. In week 9 against the Houston Texans, Foles left the game during the first half with a broken collarbone, which ending his 2014 season. He was on pace to have over 4,000 yards passing and he led the team to a 6-2 record as the starter, first place in the NFC East, and second place in the NFC. Foles did get off to a slow start in 2014 but still led the team to several come back wins.

Foles is a better QB than Bradford who specializes in indecisiveness and interceptions and has never proven anything any where other than in college. Bradford will never succeed in the NFL where durability, athleticism, and brains are required.

Ironic that you suggest I should review Foles' 2014 season when you accuse Bradford of being indecisive and throwing interceptions (and by extension absolve Bradford of the same). If there was one thing that typified Foles in 2014, it was being indecisive, consistently dumping off and missing/ignoring wide open receivers and throwing howlers of interceptions. As added bonus, Foles did not step into the pocket at all, rather ran straight into pressure more often than not. And - unlike Bradford - Foles showed no improvement at all during the season - if anything, he showed regression.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironic that you suggest I should review Foles' 2014 season when you accuse Bradford of being indecisive and throwing interceptions (and by extension absolve Bradford of the same). If there was one thing that typified Foles in 2014, it was being indecisive, consistently dumping off and missing/ignoring wide open receivers and throwing howlers of interceptions. As added bonus, Foles did not step into the pocket at all, rather ran straight into pressure more often than not. And - unlike Bradford - Foles showed no improvement at all during the season - if anything, he showed regression.

Statistically, how is Bradford better than Foles? Don't give me endless generalities. When Bradford starts 16 games - three times in his career - he tosses 13 interceptions. I'm thinking you are too lazy to look at stats.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statistically, how is Bradford better than Foles? Don't give me endless generalities. When Bradford starts 16 games - three times in his career - he tosses 13 interceptions. I'm thinking you are too lazy to look at stats.

Stats do not win championships, nor make someone the greatest QB ever.

I have looked a lot at stats. I have also actually watched the games.

Here are a few more stats:

* Sam Bradford had a 78.9 completion percentage against the Giants, completing 30 of 38 passes. That's the highest single-game completion percentage ever by an Eagles quarterback with at least 30 attempts.

* Over the last three games, Bradford had 1,061 passing yards. That's the second highest three-game total by an Eagles quarterback. Donovan McNabb threw for 1,076 yards in a three-game span in 2005.

* In his last six starts, Bradford had a 99.1 passer rating.

* Bradford completed six of nine third-down passes for 75 yards and six first downs against the Giants. In his last five starts, he had a 104.8 passer rating on third down. Twenty-six of his 36 third-down completions resulted in first downs.

* Bradford set single-season franchise records this season for completions (346) and completion percentage (65.0).

* His five 300-yard passing games tied a club record set by McNabb in '04 and Sonny Jurgensen in '61.

Sean Payton tops on Eagles' wish list

I am not too lazy to look at stats - it seems you are the lazy person out there, only looking at stats. Not sure which website, but apparently there is a group that adjusts passing stats to take out inaccuracies in QB stats (obvious throw aways, drops, INT's due to WR's tipping balls that hit them in both hands and such), and there Bradford was a top 5 QB in the league, and that includes the atrocious start of the season. This also - still - does not account for the fact that over the whole season I cannot even come up with 10 catches where the WR/TE/RB bailed out the QB by making a great catch. Frankly, I cannot even come up with 5.

Foles had statistically a fantastic year in 2013 (although you already see a drop off late in the season). Foles stats in 2014 flatter him massively - his actual play was much much worse.

If you think stats tell the whole story of how good a player is, then frankly you have a lot to learn about sports, or performance evaluation in general. Football is NOT baseball, and even there advanced statistics does not tell the whole story of how well a player performs (or is going to perform).

To give you one prime example of statistics stupidity: Bradford is blamed for the fumble/INT last week (the Murray drop). Likewise, if Matthews had caught the perfectly thrown ball (fell straight through his hands) on the sideline over the weekend, that would have changed Bradford's numbers to 31/38, 3 TD's and 430+ yards.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likewise, if Matthews had caught the perfectly thrown ball (fell straight through his hands) on the sideline over the weekend, that would have changed Bradford's numbers to 31/38, 3 TD's and 430+ yards.

Most heinous drop I have seen in my life. If this dude could just catch he would be awesome. He gets himself open all the time.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats do not win championships, nor make someone the greatest QB ever.

I have looked a lot at stats. I have also actually watched the games.

Here are a few more stats:

I am not too lazy to look at stats - it seems you are the lazy person out there, only looking at stats. Not sure which website, but apparently there is a group that adjusts passing stats to take out inaccuracies in QB stats (obvious throw aways, drops, INT's due to WR's tipping balls that hit them in both hands and such), and there Bradford was a top 5 QB in the league, and that includes the atrocious start of the season. This also - still - does not account for the fact that over the whole season I cannot even come up with 10 catches where the WR/TE/RB bailed out the QB by making a great catch. Frankly, I cannot even come up with 5.

Foles had statistically a fantastic year in 2013 (although you already see a drop off late in the season). Foles stats in 2014 flatter him massively - his actual play was much much worse.

If you think stats tell the whole story of how good a player is, then frankly you have a lot to learn about sports, or performance evaluation in general. Football is NOT baseball, and even there advanced statistics does not tell the whole story of how well a player performs (or is going to perform).

To give you one prime example of statistics stupidity: Bradford is blamed for the fumble/INT last week (the Murray drop). Likewise, if Matthews had caught the perfectly thrown ball (fell straight through his hands) on the sideline over the weekend, that would have changed Bradford's numbers to 31/38, 3 TD's and 430+ yards.

lol. Yeah, stats mean nothing. That's why dick head Kelly dumped the core of our best players. You still have to tell me how Bradford is better than Foles. But have a good night anyway. Sunday's game was a real toilet bowl. Why mention it? A dumb meaningless game and nothing can be derived from it. Bradford really, really smells.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Yeah, stats mean nothing. That's why dick head Kelly dumped the core of our best players. You still have to tell me how Bradford is better than Foles. But have a good night anyway. Sunday's game was a real toilet bowl. Why mention it? A dumb meaningless game and nothing can be derived from it. Bradford really, really smells.

You didn't watch the NFL this year did you? Here's what you missed... Bradford came back from injury and improved as the season went on, behind a terrible oline, and with no playmakers. Foles got benched.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't watch the NFL this year did you? Here's what you missed... Bradford came back from injury and improved as the season went on, behind a terrible oline, and with no playmakers. Foles got benched.

I'll take Foles over that beady-eyed 28-year old any day. Quite likely, the STL oline is worse that Philly's. Also, people here point to Foles's reduced results in his injury plagued 2014 but forget that his favorite receiver, DeSean Jackson, was not signed as part of Kelly's plan to replace an awesome offense with an experimental one.

Bradford's marvelous and consistently bad record, STL Ram,s 2010-2014: :eek:

2010 7-8 16 games, 13 interceptions, 6 fumbles
2011 2-14 10 games, 6 interceptions, 6 fumbles
2012 7-8 16 games, 13 interceptions, 4 fumbles
2013 7-9 7 games, 4 interceptions, 2 fumbles
2014 6-10 out for the year
(2015 Eagles 14 games, 7-9 13 interceptions, 6 fumbles) ROFLOLJUD

Bradford has no on-the-field awareness, would rather take a sack than throw the ball away, and continues to turn the ball over. It's his history. :L I rest my case. Good night and good luck to Sam. Maybe he'll improve next year. :hope:

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Foles over that beady-eyed 28-year old any day. Quite likely, the STL oline is worse that Philly's. Also, people here point to Foles's reduced results in his injury plagued 2014 but forget that his favorite receiver, DeSean Jackson, was not signed as part of Kelly's plan to replace an awesome offense with an experimental one.

Bradford's marvelous and consistently bad record, STL Ram,s 2010-2014: :eek:

2010 7-8 16 games, 13 interceptions, 6 fumbles
2011 2-14 10 games, 6 interceptions, 6 fumbles
2012 7-8 16 games, 13 interceptions, 4 fumbles
2013 7-9 7 games, 4 interceptions, 2 fumbles
2014 6-10 out for the year
(2015 Eagles 14 games, 7-9 13 interceptions, 6 fumbles) ROFLOLJUD

Bradford has no on-the-field awareness, would rather take a sack than throw the ball away, and continues to turn the ball over. It's his history. :L I rest my case. Good night and good luck to Sam. Maybe he'll improve next year. :hope:

Did you watch any football this year? What you just posted is just jibberish. You have yet to say anything relevent.

Any reason why Foles 2015 stats are not part of your post?

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You too. Stats aren't relevant. lol. Foles' 2015 year was putrid. Only 7 TDS in 11 games but 10 interceptions, and completions down to 56%. It's tough for a passer coming back from a collarbone problem, and if you're behind the Rams' oline, you are screwed. Still, Foles over Bradford any day. Kelly has ruined Foles career but I believe it will only be temporary.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You too. Stats aren't relevant. lol. Foles' 2015 year was putrid. Only 7 TDS in 11 games but 10 interceptions, and completions down to 56%. It's tough for a passer coming back from a collarbone problem, and if you're behind the Rams' oline, you are screwed. Still, Foles over Bradford any day. Kelly has ruined Foles career but I believe it will only be temporary.

You were the one that listed the stats to prove your point. I was merely commenting on the obvious omission. now you are making an injury excuse and a weak one at that. The injury was to his non throwing shoulder. Bradford had a separated shoulder this year and performed well after coming back. As bad as the Rams O-Line is I do not think anyone was as bad as the Eagles.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh.....and since stats are not relevant I guess we will take Foles benching as fact that he sucked.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh.....and since stats are not relevant I guess we will take Foles benching as fact that he sucked.

The collarbone is critical to a QB's upper motion, either side. Look, if you like Bradford, then you can have him. But I would get Foles back if it were remotely possible. Foles demonstrated what he can do when all is well. Bradford's never done anything like that. That's why I put his 5-year stats above which shows that you can't build a team around him because he's not a winner. He makes too many mistakes. He's a six year QB and he's still learning the game passing basics. Yeah, he improved over the season. Oh, great! I'm done.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles may be headed to LA with the Rams in the near future. The Raiders and Chargers are also in the competition.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one gives a shit about foles. He had a great second half of 2013 throwing jump balls to Riley Cooper while Desean and an Oline that started together all year made it easy, and then folded in every way after that.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one gives a shit about foles. He had a great second half of 2013 throwing jump balls to Riley Cooper while Desean and an Oline that started together all year made it easy, and then folded in every way after that.

yup......pretty much nailed.