• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

chile fans breakthrough gates

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
soccer fans are fucking crazy

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
soccer fans are fucking crazy

Does not surprise me at all for South American fans... every 2-3 weeks there is news story down here somewhere in Argentina alone involving the barra brava of some team doing something worse. It is the same in Brazil, Uruguay and many of the other countries down here.

Argentina government pays the way for heads of barra brava of the clubs to go see the World Cup games of Argentina.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does espn purposely put the least entertaining game at 6 pm? On wed it was Croatia/Cameroon, yesterday it was Japan/Greece, and now today it is Honduras/Ecuador. I would think you would want the best games in the 3 pm/6pm timeslot instead of the 12 & 3 timeslot

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does espn purposely put the least entertaining game at 6 pm? On wed it was Croatia/Cameroon, yesterday it was Japan/Greece, and now today it is Honduras/Ecuador. I would think you would want the best games in the 3 pm/6pm timeslot instead of the 12 & 3 timeslot

I'm pretty sure ESPN has very little pull in the World Cup schedule making. They probably suggested things to FIFA when getting broadcasting rights but you really think they put Croatia/Cameroon on at 6 was planned by ESPN?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming the TV schedule was created before the groups were drawn.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is one of the few international sporting events where they don't cater to the US. If you notice, the best games tend to be the 3pm Eastern games for us, that puts it in prime time for Europe (or at least western Europe). The 6pm games go off at midnight in western Europe, which is too late for better tv ratings there, so the least attractive games of the day end up in that slot.

I'm assuming the TV schedule was created before the groups were drawn.

The dates of each match are scheduled prior to the draw, but the order in which the games are played on each day is not set until afterwords, I believe.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is one of the few international sporting events where they don't cater to the US. If you notice, the best games tend to be the 3pm Eastern games for us, that puts it in prime time for Europe (or at least western Europe). The 6pm games go off at midnight in western Europe, which is too late for better tv ratings there, so the least attractive games of the day end up in that slot.

The dates of each match are scheduled prior to the draw, but the order in which the games are played on each day is not set until afterwords, I believe.

This is spot on. It works out for those on the west coast since the better games are at noon.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well that makes entirely too much sense sir.