• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Chicago Blackhawks @ Los Angeles Kings, 11/29 7:00 PM, FS-W

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chicago-blackhawks11.jpg

AT

380px-Los_Angeles_Kings_Logo_(2011).svg.png

Relevant Game Information

Not going to lie, I kind of wish this game was in Chicago. I'm in the city this weekend and would absolutely buy tickets. ANYWAYS, always a great matchup between the two premier teams in the NHL the past 3 years.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be a tough one. Chicago just manhandled the Ducks last night. Maybe they'll tire early and the Kings can take advantage of a visiting team playing Anaheim the night before. Gonna make my first game in quite a while. Seems like forever since I've been to the Stapler.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a great game, Hawks will come to play tonight after the playoffs.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't understand why King moves up to the top line with Gabrik out. Move Carter up and let Richards center the 2nd line.

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno what it is but the Kings really seem to be off this year. Lot of season left but they don't look like a good team at all.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I dunno what it is but the Kings really seem to be off this year. Lot of season left but they don't look like a good team at all.

I wonder if it has something to do with the cup hangover mixed in with the Voynov situation and what happened.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if it has something to do with the cup hangover mixed in with the Voynov situation and what happened.

And even if you don't count Voynov, they haven't played with everyone healthy yet.
The fact that they, going into tonight's games, had the same ROW as the # 1 team in the West means that if they start clicking all will be ok come March. I hope

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arghh all the Blackhawk "fans" at work will be talking about the game on Monday.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just have to remind ourselves and them it's still only one game.

True but it is two. They will remind me that my wife's team lost the night befor by the same score.
I will just remind them that we look at these as preseason.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it certainly wasn't much fun. There must have been close to 1000 transplants from Illinois in attendance and you would have thought they just won the Stanley Cup. I just kept reminding them that they won the season series last year but then they had to meet the Kings in the playoffs. Indeed the Kings looked off and were a step behind from the start of the game it seemed. I blamed it on the first home game after a road trip with Thanksgiving thrown in the mix. Too much turkey and pumpkin pie.

I wish McNabb would have started his scrap with Carcillo in the first period instead of waiting until there was only about a minute and a half left in the game. A little too late then pal. It was most likely frustration on top of anger about how bad they had played. Maybe trying to send a message for the next meeting. In any event I cannot say any King player had a very good game. Sloppy passing, poor shot selection and far too many turnovers. I think Jeff Carter had the worse game I've ever seen him play for the Kings. He had about four clear cut chances for tip-in goals but missed every one. He also had several turnovers. You can credit a lot of that to the Chicago defense. They put a lot of pressure on the Kings and the Kings had no answer. And they surely weren't near physical enough. Onward and upward as the saying goes. Another tough opponent coming into town Tuesday. And with a better goalie.

Ox