• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Chicago Blackhawks(2) vs. Minnesota Wild(WC 1) | Round 2

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of big goals. Gotta finish strong. Been a well played game so far.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
851799343.gif

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wild going on the power play

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice!! A PP goal finally!!!

Great hand eye by Parise there!!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully this shutout will be big for Bryz confidence!!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wild are back in this series!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to beat at the X

I would highly suggest they try getting some 1st and 2nd period goals though. Still have none.

Yeah it'd be nice to see them get some early goals but they did the right thing tonight by waiting it out and not trying to play a pond hockey type of game, you might be able to do that against Colorado but not Chicago, Chicago is too smart and they'll start picking that apart - playing good solid defense is key

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mike Yo hit on a solid strategy before last nights game. Here's a transcript from the pre-game chat.

Mike: Ilya, I have something to tell you
Bryz: Okay, hairless future man. What happening?
M: Since we are playing at home, we have made a small change. You know those little black things we play with?
B: The Puckles?
M: Yes. We changed them. We are using Bear Eggs instead.
B: *Hides behind chair* BEAR EGGS?
M: Yes. Bear eggs. But they are safe. Unless.
B: UNLESS WHAT? HOW CAN I BE PROTECTED?
M: They only get activated if they go into the net behind you.
B: What means activated?
M: They turn into bears
B: Beeeg Bears?
M: Humungous Beeg.
B: *chews fingernails*
M: So you got it? Keep them out of your net.
B: YES FUTURE MAN *runs out of room screaming, sees Parise taping sticks*

B: ZACH! ZACH PREASTY! I WILL PROTECT US FROM BEAR EGGS! *kisses Zach on forehead*

*Parise looks at Yo, confused*

M: Just go with it, Zach.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I've got to go back to the work I put in to this point, video-wise, game-wise, mentally-wise, to put myself in a position for success," Cooke told reporters on Wednesday. "Although this one situation happened, I still believe and know that I'm in a good spot as far as the way I approach the game to go out and play a physical style without being riskful.

"Obviously there's the one situation that's going to be in my head that it happened, but I'm a firm believer in the work that I've put in to change the style, to change my approach to the game, to allow me to go out and have success."

As for the perception of his style of play among players and fans, that isn't a concern for Cooke, who reached out to Barrie after the hit.

"It's not my job to go out and change people's opinions," said Cooke. "It's my job to go out and play the way that I can to be successful and helping my teammates win. That's my job."

Cooke doesn't expect his role to change when he returns to the lineup, adding that he has plenty to offer off the ice.

"I think the biggest thing I can give is my experience and my communication," said Cooke.

Wild's Cooke ready to return from suspension for Game 4

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coaches corner is going to be good after that game

"I've got to go back to the work I put in to this point, video-wise, game-wise, mentally-wise, to put myself in a position for success," Cooke told reporters on Wednesday. "Although this one situation happened, I still believe and know that I'm in a good spot as far as the way I approach the game to go out and play a physical style without being riskful.

"Obviously there's the one situation that's going to be in my head that it happened, but I'm a firm believer in the work that I've put in to change the style, to change my approach to the game, to allow me to go out and have success."

As for the perception of his style of play among players and fans, that isn't a concern for Cooke, who reached out to Barrie after the hit.

"It's not my job to go out and change people's opinions," said Cooke. "It's my job to go out and play the way that I can to be successful and helping my teammates win. That's my job."

Cooke doesn't expect his role to change when he returns to the lineup, adding that he has plenty to offer off the ice.

"I think the biggest thing I can give is my experience and my communication," said Cooke.

Wild's Cooke ready to return from suspension for Game 4

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Matt Moulson is out tomorrow night

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a bust of a pickup he turned out to be.

I'm surprised he hasn't played as well - to me, I would have thought as him as a prototypical playoff player, a guy who's great in front of the net and scores big goals - it hasn't happened in the playoffs though - he's probably a goner after this season, it'll open up spots for younger guys to have bigger roles and they'll have some cap space

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised he hasn't played as well - to me, I would have thought as him as a prototypical playoff player, a guy who's great in front of the net and scores big goals - it hasn't happened in the playoffs though - he's probably a goner after this season, it'll open up spots for younger guys to have bigger roles and they'll have some cap space

Don't get me wrong, I like Moulson, it's just weird that he hasn't been able to find his scoring touch with the Wild.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, I like Moulson, it's just weird that he hasn't been able to find his scoring touch with the Wild.

Maybe his role is different in Minnesota - he doesn't seem like one of the main guys, especially when you already have Zach Parise, Mikko Koivu, Mikael Granlund and others - usually on other teams he's been a top 2-3 guy

It's been a pretty hectic year for him, being on three different teams has to have an effect of some sorts - he might be back on track next year once he's on a team for a whole season