• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Chicago Bears @ Seattle Seahawks

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not not sure we get the desire return TBH. Worth exploring though. Think it would take more then a first unless that first is a very early pick to move RW

I agree, I'd definitely take a look and hope a team is desperate enough to give up too much.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Canada/Czech Republic Junior game and I've calmed down a bit

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
almost doesnt matter, we are a losing team with a $40m a year QB, id almost take 2 second rounders if we could get it.

but who knows, maybe we get lucky and a team gives us a 1 and a 2.
Russ isn't going anywhere. Way too big of a cap hit of 26mil

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
irrelevant, this team is going to be hot garbage next year regardless. we suffer for one year and end up with a top 5 pick and a ton of cap space the next year.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 bad season doesn't mean his career is over.
Didn't say his career is over. I said the days of him carrying the team with late wins is over. Those do not mean the same thing.

He needs better supporting cast members around him than he did when he was younger. He can't scramble his way into wins anymore.

His finger was a real problem and he hasn't been entirely the same since. He had a flash or two, but he's not who he was before that injury.

Still, year after year we have seen the starts get slower on the offense each season and his miracles take small steps backward.

He's still one of the top 10 QB's in the league when he's healthy. More than half the teams in the NFL would jump to take him. But he needs more around him even when healthy.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson has gotten bigger and bigger it seems every year ( Muscle wise ) he needs to stop putting on all this muscle. Mass doesn't make you better at taking hits, flexibility does. Wilson needs to stop with the 4000 calorie a day diet and get on slimfast ASAP. With a little offseason work I think he could get his quickness back. He doesn't have to be fast just quick. He is built like a linebacker now.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post June 1st it would save 24 million in cap space for the Seahawks and for the team trading for him his salary would only be 11 million for 2022 And 11 for 2023. That is the juicy carrot for trade partners. Seahawks need a healthy return for eating the dead money but that is sunk cost, so if they can get the right haul I think they at least consider it.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So tired of these sacks…

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has he proven??

Absolutely nothing. But continuity for Russ has some value. I'm not saying we need to keep him. But I could live with him staying providing we get a new head coach.

I may skip the season if Pete is head coach again next season.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season wreaks of the last Holmgren season except Mike knew it was his last. If the senior leadership allow this to continue it will continue, Pete isnt leaving on his own; to me the message has gotten stale and the guys don’t want to hear it anymore. This team has a ton of individual talent and a very attractive opportunity for both coaches and new players. I don’t see a Jim Mora lame duck season followed by a rebuild here, but I do see the ship sinking fast unless we revamp the coaching staff across the board. Thank you Pete, greatest coach in Seattle Seahawks history, see you in the ring of honor some day. Gotta go!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this last offseason when the whole Russ dustup started. It's going to come down to Russ or Pete. And you just can't pick the 71 year old coach in that situation.

To me the situation is going to be more like Tom Coughlin with the Giants. He had a great run with them but it was clear that it was time to move on for the Giants when they let him go, against his will. Of course the Giants have been crap since they let him go so that isn't a great sign.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hate to say it flyerhawk, but they both need to go and schneider with them. the team needs a full rebuild from the ground up and the people here are not the ones to do it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hate to say it flyerhawk, but they both need to go and schneider with them. the team needs a full rebuild from the ground up and the people here are not the ones to do it.

And then what? Hope that whatever picks we get for Wilson will turn into a great QB while we wallow in mediocrity for the next 3 years?

Maybe we should just go 1-16 next year so we can get the No. 1 pick and hope that whoever the best QB in that draft is will turn into a Hall of Famer. That's worked out so well for the Jags and the Jets and the Giants.

I think some Seahawk fans were spoiled because of the Paul Allen era and don't realize he isn't around anymore.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you will about the defense, the offense is the bigger problem. Folks that describe Russell as being in his prime have got to take off the homer glasses. He’s a aging mobile QB who hasn’t refined his abilities as far as reading the defense pre snap, calling correct audible’s, or knowing where he should throw given how the defense is defending said play. His biggest attributes have been scrambling and then being able to locate a receiver while running. He can’t do that anymore. He’s now slow and easy to tackle.
However I’m not sure his market will bring the necessary ammo to move him. A rebuilding team doesn’t have much use for a expensive aging QB ( also RW wouldn’t want to go there), and not a lot of contenders need to trade for a QB and likely won’t give what we would like. Rather signing Rodgers or trading for Watson would make more sense if a contender is in need of a QB.
Think we need to realize there are no easy fast solution. Need to rebuild from the ground up and that means bracing for some god awful seasons and hoping the rebuild goes well. Way to many holes and no way to fill them. New staff? We can do that, but it changes nothing. A rebuild still has to happen. Keep present staff? Doesn’t matter a full rebuild still has to happen. Guess which ever direction you feel can get a rebuild done right.
I probably shouldn’t sound off on the heels of a disappointing lose and I may reconsider some things, but right now that is how I feel.
In any case I’ll be rooting for the Seahawks as long as watch football.

Offense is a problem also for sure, we’re just not consistent, we also don’t sustain drives enough…On the flip side the defense just can’t get off the field, I think they’re 30th or 31st defensively in yards given up even though they’re 5th or 6th in points allowed, but these long sustained drives are just brutal, teams just control the game and possession time, and the offense not sustaining drives just adds that much more pressure on the D … It’s a mess, we need change, and I don’t think Pete is gonna get us out of this, he’s getting too old… Love the guy, best coach in Seahawks history, but his decision making lately hasn’t been good…

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson has gotten bigger and bigger it seems every year ( Muscle wise ) he needs to stop putting on all this muscle. Mass doesn't make you better at taking hits, flexibility does. Wilson needs to stop with the 4000 calorie a day diet and get on slimfast ASAP. With a little offseason work I think he could get his quickness back. He doesn't have to be fast just quick. He is built like a linebacker now.

I think its on purpose because he gets hit so much. Saw a stat somewhere that Wilson is pressured or hit at the 2.1 second mark,,,,,,and thats from the shotgun. Its no wonder he's bulked up over the years.