• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chase Utley

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we go after Utley? I assume he will be put on waivers sometime this month.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do its gonna raise some question marks. LaStella might be up tuesday. Baez is making his adjustments, Castro pouting on the bench, said he will ask for a meeting with the front office if he is asked to play anywhere but shortstop. If the Phillies take Castro back I might see him here for a push, but we are at a point where the push might have the young guys going an opposite direction.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He is owed $15M in 2016 and 2017 with a $2M buyout or another $15M in 2018. No way you pay that money for a washed up 36 year old to sit on your bench. If he were only signed through this year and they thought they could squeeze one last run out of him then you'd consider it.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He is owed $15M in 2016 and 2017 with a $2M buyout or another $15M in 2018. No way you pay that money for a washed up 36 year old to sit on your bench. If he were only signed through this year and they thought they could squeeze one last run out of him then you'd consider it.

Not completely true, the 15 million in 2016 and 2017 kicked in at 500 plate appearances this season, he is around 250 now. I heard some reports he will cost between 8 and 11 next year. Still too much for our situation, but definitely a use him and deal him away option.

This is why I think LaStella will get some time real soon, just to see if he is providing a spark before a decision is made with Utley.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not completely true, the 15 million in 2016 and 2017 kicked in at 500 plate appearances this season, he is around 250 now. I heard some reports he will cost between 8 and 11 next year. Still too much for our situation, but definitely a use him and deal him away option.

Damn I totally missed that part. 2016+ isn't even guaranteed without 500 PA. It becomes a team option so he could be a rental. However, you still have the issue that Utley has been as bad as Castro this year and at 34 Utley is unlikely to start playing like he is 28 again. I still don't like Utley when they can bring up Baez, which I'm surprised that they haven't. I think Maddon likes using Coghlan at 2B and has told them he doesn't want to break in another young player right now.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I totally missed that part. 2016+ isn't even guaranteed without 500 PA. It becomes a team option so he could be a rental. However, you still have the issue that Utley has been as bad as Castro this year and at 34 Utley is unlikely to start playing like he is 28 again. I still don't like Utley when they can bring up Baez, which I'm surprised that they haven't. I think Maddon likes using Coghlan at 2B and has told them he doesn't want to break in another young player right now.

Maddon loves his Zobrist guy and Coghlan has turned into that player. I am surprised LaStella is not active yet, think he gets a shot before Baez.

I go back to Theo guys. Castro and Baez are not theo guys. Baez, last draft pick of Hendry. Theo gave Vizcaino back to the braves to get LaStella so I really dont think there is much here for Castro or Baez. Just surprised he didnt pull the trigger to get Ross from San Diego for both of them. I think eventually Coghlan is gonna have some problems at second or third, which has been why he was stuck in left. Then maybe Baez will be up after LaStella gets a chance. They just need someone to take CAstro on waivers before Baez comes back I think.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
La Stella got activated and is being sent to AAA. I'm guessing he isn't coming up until September.