• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

charlie

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't know about anyone else but I was very glad to see Weiss canned. financially the worst coach in irish history and one of the worst coaches i'v ever seen.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I could make millions of dollars without even having a job...............IS ND still paying him or are they finally done?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this might be the last year of paying him. He needs to go back to the NFL to be a OC. that's what he is good at. HC not so much.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you mean financially from ND's perspective. Weis is actually making a very good living NOT coaching. And I believe he will still be on the ND payroll through 2015. All based on the strength of almost beating USC in 2005. Just goes to show how far the program has fallen and how desperate it was. Another fun fact, (well I think it's a fact, not sure but I believe I heard it elsewhere), ND paid Weis more this year than it's paying Kelly. What a travesty.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you mean financially from ND's perspective. Weis is actually making a very good living NOT coaching. And I believe he will still be on the ND payroll through 2015. All based on the strength of almost beating USC in 2005. Just goes to show how far the program has fallen and how desperate it was. Another fun fact, (well I think it's a fact, not sure but I believe I heard it elsewhere), ND paid Weis more this year than it's paying Kelly. What a travesty.

I did hear that. I think Kelly is now making more. Not sure.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this is like hating someone because they won the lottery. No one forced ND and/or Kansas to sign those contracts. While he's not a good coach, he sure can negotiate a contract. Hopefully we learned a lesson from this, and won't make the same mistake again.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuq that fat bastage! And, yes, ND owes him thru 2015 as I understand it. SOAB be laughing all the way to the bank.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this is like hating someone because they won the lottery. No one forced ND and/or Kansas to sign those contracts. While he's not a good coach, he sure can negotiate a contract. Hopefully we learned a lesson from this, and won't make the same mistake again.

:agree: We all have our feelings about Weis as a coach, and how he never matched the hype, and as evidenced by his inability to succeed even at a place like Kansas tells us all we need to know about his ability to be a Head Coach at a major Div. 1 program, but its not his fault these programs kept handing him bags with dollar signs on them. That's on ND, and in particular, Swarbrick's predecessor, Kevin White, and on Kansas' AD. Weis was able to sell himself for that much money, with us he could market his Superbowl rings, and making Tom Brady an elite star, with the added bonus of being an ND alum. He had relatively decent success his first couple of years which was fools gold when the cupboard went bare. While he was able to recruit well at skill positions, he was never able to assemble much defensive talent, especially on the DL, and was a lousy developer of talent once he got them here, hence the progressive decline. The rate of return on recruiting started to slip as well. I don't think he'll be able to fool another major program into a head coaching gig. He might still be able to sell himself as an OC in college or pros, but nobody's going to give him the keys to the car.

But I agree, the vitrol against him for taking the money seems unfair. If anyone offered us that kind of money, I doubt we'd take the high road and say, your know what, in retrospect I didn't deserve it. Here, have the money back while I try to figure out how to get hired somewhere else to feed my family. Its not unlike Mike Golic's outstanding defense of ND in 2012 to Rick Reilly's hit peice on ND and how it doesn't DESERVE its TV contract or any other attention it gets. Blame those giving to them, not ND for taking what is given.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: We all have our feelings about Weis as a coach, and how he never matched the hype, and as evidenced by his inability to succeed even at a place like Kansas tells us all we need to know about his ability to be a Head Coach at a major Div. 1 program, but its not his fault these programs kept handing him bags with dollar signs on them. That's on ND, and in particular, Swarbrick's predecessor, Kevin White, and on Kansas' AD. Weis was able to sell himself for that much money, with us he could market his Superbowl rings, and making Tom Brady an elite star, with the added bonus of being an ND alum. He had relatively decent success his first couple of years which was fools gold when the cupboard went bare. While he was able to recruit well at skill positions, he was never able to assemble much defensive talent, especially on the DL, and was a lousy developer of talent once he got them here, hence the progressive decline. The rate of return on recruiting started to slip as well. I don't think he'll be able to fool another major program into a head coaching gig. He might still be able to sell himself as an OC in college or pros, but nobody's going to give him the keys to the car.

But I agree, the vitrol against him for taking the money seems unfair. If anyone offered us that kind of money, I doubt we'd take the high road and say, your know what, in retrospect I didn't deserve it. Here, have the money back while I try to figure out how to get hired somewhere else to feed my family. Its not unlike Mike Golic's outstanding defense of ND in 2012 to Rick Reilly's hit peice on ND and how it doesn't DESERVE its TV contract or any other attention it gets. Blame those giving to them, not ND for taking what is given.

Yeah, I get all of that and am somewhat empathetic to it all ... but I never liked the fat bastard from the rip and said in the beginning we paid him way too much money for 'another hopeful'. But the money issue is not my primary reason for the dislike ... it was all the over-hype and the mediocrity he brought with him ... and just another loser & hyped coach in the wake of Davies & Willngham ... I was fed up with it all by then.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people thought Kelly would be the same and as of right now I feel we hit a home run with Kelly. He finally has the team he has been waiting for. Next year should really be a big year. This team is young and fast.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people thought Kelly would be the same and as of right now I feel we hit a home run with Kelly. He finally has the team he has been waiting for. Next year should really be a big year. This team is young and fast.

Don't know about home run, but he did bring much needed stability to the the program, and he is building a solid foundation. He has some proclivities that may be holding the program back, and he's already shown he has higher aspirations, so there's always a lingering threat he will bolt, but for the first time in a long time, there's starting to be quality depth at almost every position, team speed is definitely improved across the board, and I think he's had great success in recent coaching hires in Harry Heistand and Brian VanGorder. His gameday approach baffles me sometimes, but his program CEO skills are among the elite.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know about home run, but he did bring much needed stability to the the program, and he is building a solid foundation. He has some proclivities that may be holding the program back, and he's already shown he has higher aspirations, so there's always a lingering threat he will bolt, but for the first time in a long time, there's starting to be quality depth at almost every position, team speed is definitely improved across the board, and I think he's had great success in recent coaching hires in Harry Heistand and Brian VanGorder. His gameday approach baffles me sometimes, but his program CEO skills are among the elite.

well .... if kelly DOES leave, what does anyone think about vangorder as a replacement?

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have had some questions as to whether BK can lead us to the promised land, but thank God that snot-nosed fat fuck aint on the sidelines anymore. BK may or may not get us back to glory but that worthless piece of shit sure would not have. Pisses me off just thinking about that sumbitch.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well .... if kelly DOES leave, what does anyone think about vangorder as a replacement?

The last two coordinators that we made head coaches were Davie and Weis. I think we should stick to candidates with head coaching experience.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree if VanGorder leaves for a head coaching job and is successful then I could see it, the guy obviously knows how to coach a defense.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when a lot of people wanted John Gruden to be the head coach. That guy might be a decent coach but he sounds like a freaking tard.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have had some questions as to whether BK can lead us to the promised land, but thank God that snot-nosed fat fuck aint on the sidelines anymore. BK may or may not get us back to glory but that worthless piece of shit sure would not have. Pisses me off just thinking about that sumbitch.

He already took us to the promise land.