• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Charleston practice?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone make it?

A friend of mine went....said most everyone looked good.

Said Howard was great during skills practice but struggled during live scrimmage.

Millard was the same in his opinion knows offense poor technique.

Players looked impressive physically. Thinks this might be the biggest team we have had in a while, he noted Kevin White definitely hit the offseason program.

Lambert was 3-4 miss was from 55 and hit the upright halfway up.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds to me Skyler is not the immediate solution at QB...he has only been here but a short time so with work and practice nothing is saying he couldn't. A lot of people have not written much about his size so maybe wig more work he will become more comfortable.

So with what we saw out of Trickett and Millard last year...what we are seeing so far from Howard... What would Crest have to do in the fall to win starting job?

Should be interesting....not gonna lie, I am a little shocked at the strength of QB under DH. I mean if you break down his guys around the roster they are becoming solid players...Joseph, Worley, Shorts, white, Alford etc etc these guys are showing improvement and sounds like the mistakes of FR and Soph have seasoned them. QB for some reason we just have struck out so far...anything can change but who is going to make it??

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read several comments regarding Howard's performance yesterday....none were positive. Unfortunately, he has not looked good in any of the 3 open practices.

I read that Millard looked good yesterday. 20/25 passing.

There are questions about Trickett's recovery time from his surgery. But, my best guess is that it will be his job to lose. He is more mobile than Millard. If he improves his knowledge of the offense, and develops his timing with the WR's during the summer...it should be enough.

Like Dana kept telling us last year, the team was getting better...they were getting close to where he would like them to be.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made it up, good turnout for the practice, some said 5,000 some said 7,000. I'd say it was somewhere in between on a nice yet lil chilly day.

Some of my thoughts were:

The offense is more in sync with Millard right now but Howard is the better athlete tho shorter ( i mention his size because I honestly think it affected some of his throws behind our line, we are taller than we have been there in some time imo)Millard did look better but a lot of his work was with 2nd team guys where Howard started off with the 1's. BOTH QB's were taking too long to get the ball out. Some of that could be rust, some could be the changes on defense and them trying to figure out the coverages but either way, they need to get that fixed.
Dreamius got knocked out cold on a play that caused him to fumble right in front of me by Jeremy Tyler, he had a tough time walking off the field then needed help to leave the field early and end his day, I'd be suprised if he plays in the spring game but jmo.
Shell looked good but you could tell there is a lil rust but long term it's hard not to get excited about him.
Smallwood is better and Buie is back and looked to be in good shape and moving well, looked like the same type of player he was before he left.
Dustin Garrison looked terrific and IMO is finally back to his '12 form, he was impressive and scored a couple of times,KJ Myers also impressed and Karl Joseph nearly killed Mario Alford on the first play of the scrimmage when he shut down a pass to the flat. The defense got the better of the offense most of the day and it looked good to be able to rotate so many players in on that side of the ball.

IMO we have good weapons on offense as far as RB and WR, IMO we are where we need to be as far as talent and depth but Oline and QB'S concern me at this point. The Oline is BIG but I dunno if I'm ready to say they are anywhere close to GOOD just yet, lets see how they look in fall camp..

Defense looked small but fast to me, couple times it looked like the ol 3-3-5 at its best at times as the QB'S had all day to throw but didn't exactly light it up when he finally made up their mind to chuck it. That could be good defense...... Or it could be bad QB'S.... Time will tell I guess.

Lambert was impressive to me as well, looked to me like he has gotten better/stronger and On a windy day could hit 50 plus traders rather easily, we are in good shape there too IMO.