• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chaos reigns as the Rangers travel to face the Asterisks in H-Town: 7/23-25

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers travel to Houston for 3 games that almost seem like an afterthought at this moment. 7, 6, and 1 are your game times. Allard, Gibson, and Teebeedee are the ball throwers.

I assume Gibson won't be traded before tomorrow, but who knows? Does he get traded at all? Or Gallo, or Kennedy? Or some BS trade that does nothing involving spares no one wanted? Can Gibby's start tomorrow bolster his trade value or tank it? Will the Asterisks attempt to injure him?

Curtis Terry joins the team today. Does he stick around?

Will we see Leiter sign this weekend? Evan Grant says there's no reason to worry about that, but personally the sooner JL is officially on board, the better.

Then we have the actual games. Will the Rangers ever win another game?

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pardon the interruption for the new rebranding reminiscent of a Marvel comics logo.
Youth is served

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pardon the interruption for the new rebranding reminiscent of a Marvel comics logo.
Youth is served

I understand that there is a "Guardians" connection to Cleveland, but I was really hoping they'd go back to the Spiders.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an article by Joel Sherman in the New York Post he discusses the Mets interest in a starting pitcher, and Kyle Gibson in particular. He concludes with this statement. "This is how Kyle Gibson begins to get treated like Bob Gibson in a trade market."

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
re Leiter
Yes makes no financial sense for Leiter not to sign so sure we are trying to get job done by offering more cash. Still makes me wonder if Davis was the best pick. Catcher who can handle the staff and inspire are much underrated We had a unicorn with Pudge. Just think a guy like Huff is more likely to go to a 1B because premium defense and game mgt so crucial at catcher

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
re Leiter
Yes makes no financial sense for Leiter not to sign so sure we are trying to get job done by offering more cash. Still makes me wonder if Davis was the best pick. Catcher who can handle the staff and inspire are much underrated We had a unicorn with Pudge. Just think a guy like Huff is more likely to go to a 1B because premium defense and game mgt so crucial at catcher
One of Jamey Newberg's trade proposals included a great catching prospect from the Jays.

If we go with Huff at catcher that is fine with me though. I really like Crim for 1B long term.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of Jamey Newberg's trade proposals included a great catching prospect from the Jays.

If we go with Huff at catcher that is fine with me though. I really like Crim for 1B long term.
Peter Gammons had a good article that had a blurb on the catcher position I thought it was poignant even from him and his bit of bias

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

The Rangers, though, seem to expect they will have openings on the 26-man roster and, more specifically, in the rotation. Taylor Hearn is going to get a chance to fill one of them.

Manager Chris Woodward has said as much a few times recently.

“I think we’re talking about a lot of things, but we definitely want to stretch Taylor out,” Woodward said Thursday. “You never know with the trade deadline what’s going to open up, but, yes, Taylor is definitely on the radar.”

It’s definitely worth trying. He and fellow left-hander John King, who’s working back from shoulder fatigue, can’t be any worse than, say, Mike Foltynewicz and would help keep some prospects in the minor leagues.

Hearn has the stuff to be a starter, which he was in the minors, but is still working on honing in his control. He’s added a sinker, which helps his four-seamer at the top of the zone be more effective, and he has a slider and changeup to keep hitters guessing.

He allowed one run in 2 1/3 innings Thursday in relief of Foltynewicz.

Maybe Hearn goes nowhere in the rotation, and that’s fine. But the Rangers need to find out, and there’s no better time than the present to sort it all out.

“If that door does open I feel like I’d probably be comfortable in that as well,” Hearn said.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
re Leiter

Leiter (2), Jobe (3), and Lawlar (6) are all still unsigned. Obviously as a fan, I want Leiter signed yesterday, but given what everyone said after the draft about the confidence the Rangers had about the pick, I'm remaining calm about it.

2021 MLB Draft Tracker

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

The Rangers, though, seem to expect they will have openings on the 26-man roster and, more specifically, in the rotation. Taylor Hearn is going to get a chance to fill one of them.

Manager Chris Woodward has said as much a few times recently.

“I think we’re talking about a lot of things, but we definitely want to stretch Taylor out,” Woodward said Thursday. “You never know with the trade deadline what’s going to open up, but, yes, Taylor is definitely on the radar.”

It’s definitely worth trying. He and fellow left-hander John King, who’s working back from shoulder fatigue, can’t be any worse than, say, Mike Foltynewicz and would help keep some prospects in the minor leagues.

Hearn has the stuff to be a starter, which he was in the minors, but is still working on honing in his control. He’s added a sinker, which helps his four-seamer at the top of the zone be more effective, and he has a slider and changeup to keep hitters guessing.

He allowed one run in 2 1/3 innings Thursday in relief of Foltynewicz.

Maybe Hearn goes nowhere in the rotation, and that’s fine. But the Rangers need to find out, and there’s no better time than the present to sort it all out.

“If that door does open I feel like I’d probably be comfortable in that as well,” Hearn said.

Hearn seems like such a good guy, but he's got a long way to go in his development.

Trying him out in the rotation is definitely a clear sign that winning games is an afterthought this season. That's not a criticism, just as observation.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying him out in the rotation is definitely a clear sign that winning games is an afterthought this season. That's not a criticism, just as observation.
I have assumed that from the beginning.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The microscopes. Lol

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Hearn has the stuff but control a s composure need a little work

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the Padres are heavily interested in Joey Gallo.
wonder if we could pull off getting Robert Hassell.
Outfielder, young guy 1st round draft pick last year. Seems like he will be pretty good

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outfielder, young guy 1st round draft pick last year. Seems like he will be pretty good

We could also retain Joey Gallo and sign him to an extension and maybe work something out with Kyle Gibson and Kennedy to the Pads. They need some help in the pitching dept as well.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could also retain Joey Gallo and sign him to an extension and maybe work something out with Kyle Gibson and Kennedy to the Pads. They need some help in the pitching dept as well.
Welcome back. Don't stay gone so long

Reactions: DTC

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saw a blurb today that said the NL West should be the most entertaining race we've seen in a long time, and all 3 teams were likely to be among the most active at the deadline. Gallo would be a big get for any of them, and I'd love to see the dude in October.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that a competitive deadline should mean a better return for the Rangers.

Reactions: DTC

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a blurb today that said the NL West should be the most entertaining race we've seen in a long time, and all 3 teams were likely to be among the most active at the deadline. Gallo would be a big get for any of them, and I'd love to see the dude in October.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that a competitive deadline should mean a better return for the Rangers.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see the Yankees swing a trade with the Rangers. The Rangers had a scout at their A game checking out Anthony Volpe and Ezequial Duran