• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chances Hawks Trade Up

coltonjg98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think the chances we trade up in this draft are? After all, PC and JS said that with 10 picks, some wont even make the team, so whats the point in having so many late picks? I would like to see us trade into the mid first round and get that DT, or LB(hill's replacement). Also, I could see us picking up a reciever, like tavon austin. Remember, tate and baldwin both have expiring contracts this year...
I dont know, but whats a good NFL draft without the seahawks making some interesting trades?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We traded away 2 picks this year, a 1st and 7th, plus a pick next year to get Harvin.
I don't think we have the ammo to make it into the 1st round.
I doubt it happens.
Besides, there are still a few spots to shore up and we might need a few picks for that.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing that the only way you could trade back into the 1st is if you either give up your 2nd and 3rd or are willing to trade away players along with the 2nd rd pick. Honestly, the way I see this draft is HUGE value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds as this draft seems solid from pick 20-75 in comparable talent, so IMO unless you are targeting one particular player that you are willing to go all-in like ATL did with Julio Jones a couple years back, then staying put may be your best bet. But hey, wtf do I know?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with dred. If there was somebody they thought was worth trading up for in the first round, they'd have kept the pick they had and waited until draft day to try to trade up with more pick value at their disposal. I don't think they saw anything in the first round that they didn't think they could get in the second round, and if you can get a player like Harvin for your first rounder and still get what you would have taken in the first round, in the second, there's no sense in trading back up into the first round and losing mid-round picks this year or early round picks next year. Then again, these guys aren't known for doing the conventional thing when it comes to the draft, so who knows.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if I'm JS, I would be using my late round picks to move up in each respective round. For example, if you target a player slipping in the 3rd that you value as a 2nd round pick, then trade your 3rd and maybe a 5th to move up ten spots. That is where I believe most teams would be smart to do in this draft.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if I'm JS, I would be using my late round picks to move up in each respective round. For example, if you target a player slipping in the 3rd that you value as a 2nd round pick, then trade your 3rd and maybe a 5th to move up ten spots. That is where I believe most teams would be smart to do in this draft.

That's a possibility. The team has already said there might not be much room on the roster for this year's draft picks (the free agent signings and trade for Harvin should significantly shrink that number as well), so they might decide to take quality over quantity and trade some of those excess late round picks to get better mid-round picks. Who knows. It should be an interesting few days.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners and Hawks mirror each other quite a bit. This draft and the plethora of picks are no different. We have 13 picks, after having traded a 6th for Boldin. You guys have 10 after trading a 1st and 7th for Harvin. Both rosters are stacked so the possibility of most players drafted making the team are slim to none. Quality over quantity definitely makes more sense for both teams.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have to agree with some of the posters. there is no Sure fire top pick in this draft really but the talent between the 2nd and 6th rounds is stacked and very thick. I see them getting a OLB in the 3rd or 4th that will be a starter and will be very good. i see a OT or DT in the 2nd that will be a starter this year or next, also i see bit players that have a chance to crack the starting line-up if they mature and grow like sherman/Kam did. Players taken in the 5-6-7th rounds that very will could make the team this year on special teams and fill in much bigger roles a year or two from now.

this is a good draft to build around your core players with, and maybe find a few diamonds in the rough. this is all just my opinion but i trust in what i have seen from the Hawks FO the past 3 years. They have been more BOOM than Bust.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners and Hawks mirror each other quite a bit. This draft and the plethora of picks are no different. We have 13 picks, after having traded a 6th for Boldin. You guys have 10 after trading a 1st and 7th for Harvin. Both rosters are stacked so the possibility of most players drafted making the team are slim to none. Quality over quantity definitely makes more sense for both teams.

I have a strong hunch that the Niners are going to try to trade up in order to get Tavon Austin if they can. That would seriously round out their WR corps and their whole offense.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is possible the Hawks trade some late picks to move up a bit in the 2nd or 3rd, but I also think they will be targeting areas where they feel the backups or special teams guys can be improved. 2nd round is most likely a DT, but you never know with JS and PC, and then maybe a LB or RT. Then maybe more LBs, corners maybe a speed reciever. I feel our ST coverage is good, but it could be a bit better. I love PC's always compete mantra and that philosophy will create a relentless pursuit of pushing and upgrading every player on the team.

Sure will be a fun couple days seeing what the NFCW does. Can't wait.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this team you just dont ever know. I dont think they will trade into the first round. Maybe up in the second? But who know's.

caseycomb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might be able to trade our 4th or 5th rounder along with a seventh to move up a little in the 4th or 5th but I don't see us with too much flexibility. I guess we could trade a second and fourth or fifth to move up in second. Maybe trade some picks for picks next year?